• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Allergies on my face

Shokyokudesuka

Rocket (wor)shipper
Bells
I'm allergic to cats, and I have two that I love very dearly, so I'm really not willing to get rid of them. To that the rest of my family would object too.
I only go to my mums at the weekend, so just as my skin has cleared up and is nice, I go and overnight my face breaks out in to a massive itchy rash and it's spotty and annoying. I've literally tried everything the internet says but none of it seems to work. I wash my face with cool water every day and I use moisturizer.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has any solutions or experience with anything like this. I don't expect anything though looking at my last posts.. I'm probably posting in the wrong place '-'

Well, thanks anyway

So are the cats at your mum's?
I would try taking anti-histamine pills the night before you go there - they are good for allergic reactions and most don't have side effects.
If it gets more serious, such as asthma attacks etc, go to a doctor

That sounds more like hives than acne. Different things completely. Acne is caused by clogged pours but hives are an allergic reaction. I get them from certain weeds. As annoying as they are, mild cases usually go away on their own. You can by some antihistamine cream and try that. There's a lot available over the counter.

I have the same allergy as you , only when i touch cats my eyes go all sticky and i have astma attacks.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try everything you guys said and hopefully I'll be able to continue living with them. :)

Sounds like you really need some antihistamines for these allergies.
Try benadryl or zicam, see if those help?

I'm assuming you stay overnight while you're there? Are the cats allowed in the room where you sleep? I would make sure the room stays cat-free (even when you're not there) and bring your own sheet set, or at least pillows and pillow cases. I think that might help, as you won't be laying in allergens for wish hours while you sleep.

Good luck! I don't have any allergies but I do have pets I love and I would be so sad to have problems being around them.

Back