• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AIKA VILLAGE (Scariest village you will ever visit)

When I watched LinandKo, it wasn't that scary. I know it's hard to make a really scary town, but I don't see why everyone one is like "OHMIGOSHH". I do think they did a good job of trying to make it scary, but I wouldn't call it a 'horror' village...

When I watched LinandKo, it wasn't that scary. I know it's hard to make a really scary town, but I don't see why everyone one is like "OHMIGOSHH". I do think they did a good job of trying to make it scary, but I wouldn't call it a 'horror' village...

Bit different to connect to a game when your watching vs playing it yourself, some people have different definitions and tolerance of horror too.
psychological vs Sudden Scare/Gory
It managed to draw me in a bit like actually introducing a little unease / hesitation to move forward which is weird since I know nothing can actually happen in the game.

If I were to give a definitive and descriptive reason, I would say without a shadow of doubt that it's because I'm a *****.

Watching it with linandko is not going to be scary at all.

I'll have to watch the video since I don't have the game yet.
Nintendo of America needs to step up this..... no 'True' release date set.

This guy clearly put an insane amount of thought and work into this. I can't imagine how long it took. As far as theory goes, I like this one best:

DollofAikaVillage - 1 day ago
The girl gets a doll for her birthday. The doll becomes attached to her owner...her "mommy". The doll becomes jealous of her mommy's parents. She murders the mom on a bed...her dad becomes sad. Buries his wife on the beach and commits suicide there. The doll and her mommy are all alone now...the dolls wants to keep it that way. Locks herself and her mommy in a room with bars...they are all alone now. With the doll's new shiny toy...and eyes in all directions watch them forever...I love my mommy..

This guy clearly put an insane amount of thought and work into this. I can't imagine how long it took. As far as theory goes, I like this one best:

DollofAikaVillage - 1 day ago
The girl gets a doll for her birthday. The doll becomes attached to her owner...her "mommy". The doll becomes jealous of her mommy's parents. She murders the mom on a bed...her dad becomes sad. Buries his wife on the beach and commits suicide there. The doll and her mommy are all alone now...the dolls wants to keep it that way. Locks herself and her mommy in a room with bars...they are all alone now. With the doll's new shiny toy...and eyes in all directions watch them forever...I love my mommy..

Hmm... That's possible. That would mean the mother in the pictures is actually the girl though and thus, only one parent would be in the pictures @-@ As the "girl" would be the doll instead. Though, even the girl/mother gets crossed out in the doodle at one point too I believe.

Wow, thanks so much for using our link to share the town :) I think people are misunderstanding why we used the phrase "horror town (village)". It will not be jump out of your seat kind of scary, but it is obviously a very very unnerving town, and overall just creepy. The attention to detail that Aika put into it made it work really well I think. I ended up going back for a second time and saw a bunch of stuff that I missed the first time (because of time constraints), so I really hope everyone here will visit for themselves when the game comes out in their region.

Also noticed lots of people asking about the Dream address for the town, I put it into the description of the video. Always a good idea to check there in general first.

yeah but what are they used to do ingame? like what do you do with them? in general, not just specifically talking about aika's town

yeah but what are they used to do ingame? like what do you do with them? in general, not just specifically talking about aika's town

Sometimes during the game you will randomly find some lost items (mittens, poaches, etc) and you have to return it to the proper villager. That is all they do in-game, just act as a prop in a lost-and-found game. Aika just decided to use it for their story instead of returning the item to the villager.

Last edited:
I think the item buried beneath the corner grave is a skeleton. I remember watching someone's video about it and they dug it up.

This is slightly off topic but, I watched both linandko's and zed's and from watching his I got to see what Aika's town map looked like, and I really want that map layout. It is perfect!

I think the item buried beneath the corner grave is a skeleton. I remember watching someone's video about it and they dug it up.

Correct, the grave on the beach that you swim to has a skeleton burried there. I've (finally) added this in my annotations :D

i hve watched zed & linandkos videos in the villge nd also ofas of ppl in it and liek srsly i do not find it scary/creepy at all.

liek, yeah its spooky/creepy theme, but it rly doesn't scare me.
its animal crossing it isn't meant 2 b scary i dont c y ppl r liek 'omg dis so scary'

2 me is just isnt scary sry

Can anyone sort of give me a general overview of the story behind Aika Village? I'm very intrigued...

Can anyone sort of give me a general overview of the story behind Aika Village? I'm very intrigued...
The girl gets a doll for her birthday. The doll becomes attached to her owner...her "mommy". The doll becomes jealous of her mommy's parents. She murders the mom on a bed...her dad becomes sad. Buries his wife on the beach and commits suicide there. The doll and her mommy are all alone now...the dolls wants to keep it that way. Locks herself and her mommy in a room with bars...they are all alone now. With the dolls new shiny toy...and eyes in all directions watch them forever...I love my mommy..

Back