• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Advice on visualizing decor & design before I have each piece of furniture?

Brookie

💎 We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no 💎
Bells
Switch
1118-4461-2529
White Pansy
White Cosmos
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Purple Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Purple Violet
White Lily
ど
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
I realized I kind of have difficulty knowing exactly which furniture pieces and variations to get to bring my vision to life. This is moreso for interior decorating! I haven't started truly decorating my house again yet - but in HHP, I have no problems and make beautiful rooms/houses! I know I have the creativity, but how do you all go about designing your rooms without cycling through furniture (catalog, Cyrus, buying them, etc...and then comparing in your house, something like that)?

It's frustrating because I KNOW I have such creative ideas, but I guess I forgot how to choose all the furniture. 😞

Blah, it's all so hard to explain! Lol. Hopefully I explained well enough to get some good advice and words of wisdom.

You can use Harvs Island and go into his studio (The cabin that you see him hanging around) and then you can use the furniture that you have in your catalog that you can imagine what it can be. So you can design it with the furniture and take a picture of it so then you'll know what to do next. There is also an app (not gonna spoil what it is) that Lottie gives you when you done enough Vacation Homes where it can also help you "visualize" on what type of vacation home you want for the villager without having to spend so much time. You can use the app while making the vacation home that will save time. Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
What I do is I go to a random HHP house, make the room the dimension of the room I'm thinking of in my house and I decorate it as if I'm decorating my home. Then I take screenshots and order the furniture items I need and recreate it back home. Rinse and repeat until I'm finished all the rooms. It's very tedious and I wish there were a better option like being able to use the HHP interface in our homes and having an option to order straight from there but it's my work-around.

I find the room sketch app to be more convenient than Harv's when designing a room. You can change the room size to what you want, and can actually save a design in case you want to look at it later. The down side is that you can only save one room design at a time, and you'll need to complete the HHP dlc to gain access to it on your phone. Still, if you have it, it works so well if you don't mind doing one room at a time.

Yeah I strongly suggest using the sketch app. I keep forgetting this even exists but it saves time running to Harvey’s or HHP. Just remember to write down your furniture list, leave a note on which ones need to be recolored, etc. you could also just pay someone here to order the whole list for you if you don’t want to do it yourself. I used to get overwhelmed with redesigning rooms but now the process is quite simple with all the screenshot references I take from HHP and the sketch app.

I agree to use the room sketch app. I even used it to build for ideas outside my home because I wanted to estimate how large a type structure would be on my island without physically dragging each item. Though it can get a little tricky when you want to utilize terraforming but it helped a lot.

If I had not come across this thread, I would have never known about this room sketch app. I’ve abandoned the DLC after I got the 30 rooms. This sounds like a GREAT feature. I’ve been going to Harvey’s to plan my rooms.

Back