• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNL version 1.5 update live worldwide!

JCnator

Bells
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Last edited:
weird
I'm from Europe and today at some point the icon of the game had the blue dot icon
so I checked all: mailbox, post office, campground and the houses on main street but nothing was changed
I was about to open a thread about this ghost update until I found this post
it's due to this patch then? possibly they actived the icon erroneusly?

Last edited:
weird
I'm from Europe and today at some point the icon of the game had the blue dot icon
so I checked all: mailbox, post office, campground and the houses on main street but nothing was changed
I was about to open a thread about this ghost update until I found this post
it's due to this patch then? possibly they actived the icon erroneusly?

I don't think the blue SpotPass icon is related to the v1.5 patch. I remember seeing that dot on my ACNL game icon whenever someone visits my town via Dream Suite.

oh it's this then? I didn't know that spotpass icon was also for that! ^^''

people visits so rarely my dream address that I never noticed that lol

Last edited:
"The same update also brought additional enhancements to improve user experience, yet these aren't disclosed right now."

anything in game or is this just in terms of infrastructure/stability?

They need to patch the fact that amiibo villagers rarely ping to move..

"The same update also brought additional enhancements to improve user experience, yet these aren't disclosed right now."

anything in game or is this just in terms of infrastructure/stability?

I haven't found anything else than resolving an issue I've mentioned earlier. And I'd probably won't hear about the update until the patch gets released in overseas. For now, I'll believe that the other improvements are for infrastructure and/or stability.

Not sure what to do, seen this post & seen this link:

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf-new-update-available-japan-ver-1-5/

I'm in the UK, so followed the info on 'perfectly-Nintendo' site - ie I could just link to my game (internet connected) and I should be prompted to update - I wasn't, I just entered the game. I was expecting a message similar as to what happened in HHD.

So I went to Eshop and yes there is an update, v 1.5 - but I don't know for sure what would happen if I downloaded this, given I am on V 1.4 currently.
I could not see two versions of 1.5 as implied by the 'perfectly Nintendo' site. Maybe the link picks the right one for you automatically? Yeah, maybe, I'd prefer something more definite.

There is no info as far as I can see on Nintendo UK site for updating 'acnl welcome amiibo V1.4' to 1.5, (albeit I find that site hard to find anything on, so maybe it is there?).

I'd 'phone Nintendo but I guess I would enter a long queue to get to speak to someone who knows no more than I do currently.
Hence for now, I'm holding off updating until I see more info.
Edit: I have a new acnl game cart on pre-order with Nintendo UK store, a cart with the update included.
It should have been in the post yesterday as today (for the UK) is its release date - and I'm still showing as 'processing' .
Not sure if this is just my luck, or whether there are problems/too much going on for Nintendo: Pok?mon, Black Friday/ V1.5 update - I don't know.

Last edited:
Oh I got this update yesterday on my eu system/game ! (At the title screen it now displays the current version : 1.5) No feature added even tho the updatewas quite long. X.x update notes says it fixes minor bugs, especially the one with the RV items catalogue.

How did you update Ninie?

I am getting no prompt at the home screen of my game (I'm on V1.4) and in Eshop there is only one V1.5 showing and when I go into this it says it is going to down load 2051 blocks which is the full download. So I cancel.

From the Perfectly-Nintendo' site:
Important! There is an update for each game:
•if you already downloaded the previous update (Ver. 1.4), get the one for Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo. It requires 122 blocks / 15.25MB;
•if you haven’t downloaded the previous update, get the one for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It requires 1497 blocks / 187MB.

I have a cart game, I've never edited the game nor anything on my 3ds.
But I am not in real time (I set the game in 2013, & system time is set the same).
Time has never been an issue in acnl, nor for the system - system updates always ignore the time on your system. Whether the time I am set at is the problem, I don't know, it shouldn't be.
I guess I am going to have to 'phone Nintendo.

The usual way, when I tap the game icon to play, it offered to do the update. :eek: My sis got it too: We are from France dunno if it changes anything.

Last edited:
I'm from Canada and I couldn't find any update on the eShop. :eek: There used to be an option to update straight from the title screen of the game, but they took it out with 1.4.

The update is only Japan & Europe, not North America, soon but not today at any rate.

Thank you Ninie for the info.
On the UK Eshop it shows the update as v 1.5, but I cannot see two versions of it, only a full update of 2051 blocks.
'Perfectly Nintendo' site implies that there should be two versions, depending on whether you have updated to 1.4 or have not updated from the original acnl.

I am not prompted to do the update from the front screen of acnl welcome amiibo (v 1.4) , I just enter the game.
I tried ringing Nintendo but was in the queue for over 20 mins, so gave up and have emailed them.

I've updated my Japanese copy, but I haven't seen anything different so far. Guess they just patched some glitches?

I'm in EU and I've been getting the 004-6006 error when trying to get presents from the Post Office and this update hasn't fixed it like it's apparently supposed to, it's really buggng me because I have a blue spotpass dot on my game and it isnt for the dream suite or anything else so it must be a Post Office item

North America has just received the v1.5 patch today. I figured it would be appropriate to bump this thread now.

Back