• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

I wish the characters were a bit more fleshed out in ACNL. The dialogue does get a bit stale sometimes... Another minor gripe of mine is when a dreamie moves out and you have to cycle through 16 villagers to get them back. If you don't care about the rest of your villagers, it's fine, but I have 9 dreamies and having to make sure none of them leave while leaving one villager spot open for others to go in and out through is so tedious, especially since being close with villagers doesn't seem to make much of a difference on whether or not they leave. It takes so long and I wish there was more you could do to influence who leaves and who doesn't. I also wish that the campsite was movable or removable. I mean, it's basically a collection of sticks and tools when it's not being occupied, surely you could move it? On top of that, I don't like how running on grass wears it down after a while. I get the thought behind it, I just think it's really annoying to have a nice town that had a lot of thought behind it, but with dead grass. Rocks are also pretty frustrating to deal with, especially if they're near a bridge, house, pond, etc. Alright, last thing is that paths. Are. So. Annoying. Just putting them down is a pain, since you have to open up your menu, click the buttons to display it on the ground, close out, move, rinse and repeat. I don't like how they can't be shown too close to the Town Hall, houses, Re-Tail, or other structures. It makes it annoying trying to make it so that it looks presentable and stops at appropriate destinations but you can't go too close to the building.

I am going to be honest here.....I tried out all three of the other animal crossing games recently.........I hated all the other three ESPECIALLY Wild World. In fact....I kid you not I think Wild World is one of the worst games I have ever played.

As for complaints with THIS game...aside from taking forever to get the villagers I want and constantly getting bad maps when trying to get a town and not getting to chose my starting fruit there is very little I don't adore about this game. Sure it's no Okami, but it high up there in my favorite games.

At least in WW the villagers were interesting, and true to their type. They had a large dialogue. But if you're happy with the same 5 sentences they seem to have in NL, I guess you are very easily pleased.

At least in WW the villagers were interesting, and true to their type. They had a large dialogue. But if you're happy with the same 5 sentences they seem to have in NL, I guess you are very easily pleased.

They very rarely repeat themselves to me, and I talk to my villagers all the time.

Also...the villagers were one of the biggest problems I had with Wild World. THAT is the game they kept repeating themselves in. But that is only the least of my complaints with that awful game.

Last edited:
All mine do is beg for fruit. Ask to come over, and constantly ask about my stupid birthday wish.

I'm not trying to make you dislike it, but at the same time, you can't force me to like the mundane, repetitiveness that you seem to enjoy.

All mine do is beg for fruit. Ask to come over, and constantly ask about my stupid birthday wish.

I'm not trying to make you dislike it, but at the same time, you can't force me to like the mundane, repetitiveness that you seem to enjoy.

It's not mundane or repetative to me. I talk to each villager about 20 or so times a day, and only once out of all those total 200 times (as there are 10 villagers) do I get a repeat in the same day. They tell me about their dream, ask to hang out, ask me for help with various things, as give me gifts. And that is just not even scratching the surface.

Last edited:
WW had a huge dialogue. That is a fact. It was funny too.

So many people all over the net have complained about this. NL's lack of dialogue, and villagers a mere shell of their former WW selves.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You feel one way. I feel another.
I accept that.

Opinions do exist, that differ from yours, and we all have a right to one.

Move on.. :)

Last edited:
WW had a huge dialogue. That is a fact. It was funny too.

So many people all over the net have complained about this. NL's lack of dialogue, and villagers a mere shell of their former WW selves.

I hated most of the dialogue in Wild World. I hated having to hear about Moppina or whatever her name is 24/7. On top of that the cranky and snooty villagers were insufferable to the point to where I just ignored them most of the time. So that is two hateable personality types. They were toned down in New Leaf sure, but honestly they were just obnoxious before to the point to where I refused to talk to them. Cranky's are still cranky, but just come off as a grumpy old man instead of a horrible person I want nothing to do with. Same with snooties. They are now high class and sophisticated instead of being horrible people....or well animals. Normals were obnoxious, due to the previously mentioned Moppina who they talked about non-stop. Jocks...are still a problem in this game, but I am glad they toned down the sports stuff as I hate sports. Peppies were always WAY to chipper, and I love this mischievous side they have gained in New Leaf. If you ask me, they were WAY to extreme on the personalities making them too obnoxious as their one trait was pushed WAY to hard in the older games, to the point to where all the personalities were annoying. On top of that, the dialogue not once made me laugh. Maybe because I played New Leaf BEFORE playing Wild World and the others, but I can not see the appeal other than nostalgia value. The graphics are sub-par, the characters annoying and hateable, the dialogue dull, the decorating sucked, and the holidays were atrocious. I am sorry, but if I had to play one of the old Animal Crossings, I would pick the original, then City Folk, with Wild World at the very bottom. Heck, even amiibo Festival is better than Wild World! At least I got to play Island Escape in that!

Plus the addition of the two new ones, are easily one of the best changes in this game. They are easily the two best personalities.

I am glad I sold my Wild World cart for a second New Leaf Welcome amiibo, because if you ask me, Wild World is up there with FF7 as one of the most overrated games of all time.

Last edited:
I cant stand the lack of pocket space...having to either run to retail...to your home...the locker...JUST FOR SPACE/TO DUMP GARBAGE agsagshags I hate it, and the trash can pwp is ugly but I feel like i need 4 or 5 in my town to avoid pointless trips lol

I cant stand the lack of pocket space...having to either run to retail...to your home...the locker...JUST FOR SPACE/TO DUMP GARBAGE agsagshags I hate it, and the trash can pwp is ugly but I feel like i need 4 or 5 in my town to avoid pointless trips lol

Amen to that! :)

Villagers being able to move in right infront of the town hall. Like Hans really? REALLY? Anywhere on my map. And you plop right infront of townhall. Imma boot your butt once I get 10 villagers and use amiibo cards damn yeti

I would like to get back into the game, but I feel there is nothing left for me. True that I haven't gone for all the bugs and paintings, but I'm a bit burned out since I feel content with all of my villagers. I don't feel like starting up the game once every couple months just to clean up and TT properly so I can do it again in another year.

I wish all the player characters could share a catalog. Like if one villager in your town gets something anyone can order it. It would make all the ordering and sorting of items much easier and quicker. I mean, it doesn't make much sense for the Nookling boys to carry 4 individual catalogs rather than one collective one.

Villagers being able to move in right infront of the town hall. Like Hans really? REALLY? Anywhere on my map.
And you plop right infront of townhall. Imma boot your butt once I get 10 villagers and use amiibo cards damn yeti

Speaking of that: I have the feeling, that the villagers have way more freedom of where they can put
their houses then you as the mayor have when it comes to the PWPs. Like, for an example: You want to
put a bridge next to your house. "Oh, sorry mayor! You can't build the bridge here, there is not enough
space for it. Your house is in the way!". New villager moves in: "Oh! You want to put your house right
infront of this bridge? Of course you can do this! Here is enough space for it!". Like, wow, thanks
Isabelle!

I also "love" how you start the game, your character comes out of the house, you walk one step
forward and bam: The plot of a villager's house is right infront of you. Like, yeah, want to put
your house on mine maybe? ._. I don't know, it's just kinda frustrating sometimes...

Speaking of that: I have the feeling, that the villagers have way more freedom of where they can put
their houses then you as the mayor have when it comes to the PWPs. Like, for an example: You want to
put a bridge next to your house. "Oh, sorry mayor! You can't build the bridge here, there is not enough
space for it. Your house is in the way!". New villager moves in: "Oh! You want to put your house right
infront of this bridge? Of course you can do this! Here is enough space for it!". Like, wow, thanks
Isabelle!

I also "love" how you start the game, your character comes out of the house, you walk one step
forward and bam: The plot of a villager's house is right infront of you. Like, yeah, want to put
your house on mine maybe? ._. I don't know, it's just kinda frustrating sometimes...

This! The villagers have way too much freedom and as Mayor we do not have enough. Like in the beginning Isabelle is all about getting that building permit to start placing pwp's but villagers should require a building permit and we as mayors should be able to decide where they can and cannot build their house.

I'm getting really tired of this game and it's almost to the point of getting on my nerves as much as Super Smash Bros.

This is supposed to be a relaxing game but there is nothing relaxing about waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for a villager to move and they never do. I am getting sick and tired of this game. It hinders my creatively by refusing to move a villager from a spot where I want to build something. Being mayor in this game is useless as hell.

I'm really frustrated with this game and when I'm frustrated with this game I end up restarting. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Last edited:
Missing a spot while placing qr codes and a villager moving there instead of a planned spot ;__;

I have no idea what I want to do with my town landscaping wise and it's frustrating me. Being fall in-game isn't helping either, because everything looks dead and nothing looks pretty to much. ugh. mega ugh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm getting really tired of this game and it's almost to the point of getting on my nerves as much as Super Smash Bros.

This is supposed to be a relaxing game but there is nothing relaxing about waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for a villager to move and they never do. I am getting sick and tired of this game. It hinders my creatively by refusing to move a villager from a spot where I want to build something. Being mayor in this game is useless as hell.

I'm really frustrated with this game and when I'm frustrated with this game I end up restarting. I hope it doesn't come to that.

You can move a villager out with an amiibo card if they're really in your way

There's much, much more badly designed villagers than good. And more that are just mediocre.
I get you're supposed to like them for their personality and quirks but its,, kinda hard to see that through an awful design.
ESPECIALLY since there's a whole category of other villagers with the same exact personality. I understand having a few ugly ducklings but it's appalling with the amount there is.
Design is a pretty subjective thing though so this is just my personal opinion :0

I also wish they went farther with the designs more often,, like coco, Julian, Ankha, etc. They seen to be the most interesting and popular and its much more fun than uh,, normal looking cat #67

Back