• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
Wait. So your order showed ready for pickup and you still lost it?

Yeah because they didn’t actually reserve it for online orders so anyone who walked in was able to buy it.

When I meant managers, I was referring to the higher ups who decided it was supposed to be online only in the interest of keeping their staff safe in stores. I agree that it’s not the fault of those in the store as they were clearly not informed.

I have two currently saying ready for pickup. I have until Monday to get them. I'm going straight after work but now I'm worried. I only needed one (spammed place order for legit 45 minutes for 1 pack then figured I'd try for another for anyone on here and got that pack within a few minutes spamming)

I'm a nervous wreck over this!

Wait. So your order showed ready for pickup and you still lost it?

I have two currently saying ready for pickup. I have until Monday to get them. I'm going straight after work but now I'm worried. I only needed one (spammed place order for legit 45 minutes for 1 pack then figured I'd try for another for anyone on here and got that pack within a few minutes spamming)

I'm a nervous wreck over this!
It didn’t show ready for pickup. I went to the store because it was already 8 and it still showed processing so I thought something was wrong and I was right.

I think if you got that confirmation you should be good since the store probably set aside stock for online orders

I had a hunch this morning that things weren't going to work out (I was there for the GameStop in-store preorder debacle of 2015), so I went to my local Target around 8:45 because they were listed as being on a certain aisle. I looked and looked, asked the electronics employee, he said they'd be up at 9:00. Cool. I tried to order while still in store, it kept erroring out despite being listed as in stock. Decided I'd just go home and passed the CS desk on my way out. There were about 8 people lined up, heard them say "Animal Crossing," so I decided to wait too. The workers said there must be something wrong with the Target website and I guess the manager told them to just go ahead and sell to us, so I was able to get a pack.

I'm really sorry to everyone who wasn't able to get one. :( I hope since they're cards there'll be a restock soon, idk why they would release them in limited quantity knowing how popular AC has become and how disastrous prior Amiibo drops have been.

Well, I lost my copy. I even went in store just to be sure and there were people lined up. Staff at the register just sold all the stock they had to people who walked in and nothing left for the online orders. Staff said they weren’t informed it was online only.

People managing Target are a bunch of idiots. How do you decide to make it online only because you’re interested in keeping them and customers “safe” and not inform them?

I'm so sorry you lost your pack. That has to be worse than having your order cancelled because they oversold online stock. I hope you'll be able to get a pack from someone here, seems like there's many that picked up an extra. Wish I would have done the same, just for a circumstance like this. They really screwed this up in your area.

twitter.jpg

This is trending on Twitter. It's a bit of a misnomer, as it seems the website wasn't working at launch rather than a one-minute sell out, but nevertheless, Nintendo/Target are surely aware of the demand after this morning if they weren't before.

There definitely should have been more stock... they're cardboard cards with cheap electronic stickers (the kind they put on deodorant bottles for anti theft.) This is basically a paid DLC/expansion, and with tens of millions of copies sold, they should have anticipated the demand. As cheap as they are to make, there should be a surplus. That's on Nintendo.

Target handled this really poorly... but the cards should have been available at Walmart and Best Buy, too and they shouldn't have sold out in less than hour. It's not a PS5... and at least with the PS5, you know they'll make more. Too little stock is the main problem.

I was on the site ready to order within minutes of it being available, for a store that gets little traffic in a retirement town, and for an hour I unsuccessfully tried to place an order until finally it said out of stock. A lot of die hard fans weren't able to secure a pack, leaving little hope for more casuals.

View attachment 364161

This is trending on Twitter. It's a bit of a misnomer, as it seems the website wasn't working at launch rather than a one-minute sell out, but nevertheless, Nintendo/Target are surely aware of the demand after this morning if they weren't before.
If Target doesn't see this and extend their day or do another stock I'm going to be furious. People had these in their basket and still couldn't get them. People are buying up the stock and selling for 100x the price. I hope Target fixes this asap

I'm so sorry you lost your pack. That has to be worse than having your order cancelled because they oversold online stock. I hope you'll be able to get a pack from someone here, seems like there's many that picked up an extra. Wish I would have done the same, just for a circumstance like this. They really screwed this up in your area.
I know it sucks but it just wasn’t my luck today. If Target hadn’t made it online I’m sure I would have gotten one since the line wasn’t really that many and I would have gone to the store earlier. I actually only missed out by one person ahead of me.lol

Target is also trending. Hopefully we get a restock.

the restock, I believe will be up to nintendo, Nintendo determines the amount available, target does not control the printing of the cards. so it could happen but it will be a big question mark for a while i think

from people’s info from stores in other countries stores have tried to request more stock from Nintendo and were told no.

keep hope alive, yes, but nintendo is not the best at communicating, especially in the us (which may not be nintendo us’ fault apparently the also don’t get much notice from Nintendo hq about anything) or at restocking.
Post automatically merged:

I know it sucks but it just wasn’t my luck today. If Target hadn’t made it online I’m sure I would have gotten one since the line wasn’t really that many and I would have gone to the store earlier. I actually only missed out by one person ahead of me.lol

ugh, I hit like but that is the wrong feeling! I am so sorry for you that is a huge bummer!

target’s website and communication seem to really have failed today🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
I agree some of the frustration may be misdirected, as "normal" employees are simply doing what they were told. But it wasn't Nintendo that caused Target's site to act like it's Y2K. It wasn't Nintendo that created the in-store/curbside pickup only. It wasn't Nintendo that communicated their intentions to the US audience via colorful ad, then reneged on it.

Nintendo is NOT to blame here, Target is. There were plenty of us that played by the rules Target put forth, and it was Target that decided to bend/break/disobey those rules.

And yes, I was able to secure my packs, but that doesn't mean I can't stand up for the folks that didn't.

If Nintendo had actually made sure that there was plenty to go around and not restricted access in the US to a single store, you would not have had this chaos. Target have struggled because they’ve had limited supply, mixed messaging from Nintendo, and ultimately they really don’t deserve to be told they’re being useless and bending the rules because they’ve made some mistakes and had to cancel some orders because of the limited stock they’ve had. In the meantime those store workers that you are saying are to blame are getting on with their job as best they can and assisting people as much as they can, without much thanks.

the restock, I believe will be up to nintendo, Nintendo determines the amount available, target does not control the printing of the cards. so it could happen but it will be a big question mark for a while i think

from people’s info from stores in other countries stores have tried to request more stock from Nintendo and were told no.

keep hope alive, yes, but nintendo is not the best at communicating, especially in the us (which may not be nintendo us’ fault apparently the also don’t get much notice from Nintendo hq about anything) or at restocking.

ugh, I hit like but that is the wrong feeling! I am so sorry for you that is a huge bummer!

target’s website and communication seem to really have failed today🤦‍♀️
Hopefully, you’re right and there’s a restock since Amazon Canada seems to keep having it available for pre-order.

Maybe the bad press from this will convince Nintendo to print some more and have it for sale at more retailers with how Target screwed it up.

If Nintendo had actually made sure that there was plenty to go around and not restricted access in the US to a single store, you would not have had this chaos. Target have struggled because they’ve had limited supply, mixed messaging from Nintendo, and ultimately they really don’t deserve to be told they’re being useless and bending the rules because they’ve made some mistakes and had to cancel some orders because of the limited stock they’ve had. In the meantime those store workers that you are saying are to blame are getting on with their job as best they can and assisting people as much as they can, without much thanks.
I highly doubt nintendo gave them mixed messaging. I would place money on nintendo having no involvement with this beyond making the exclusivity deal and low stock, but target would know exactly how much stock they were getting, that's just how businesses work.

This was a target failure, not nintendos.

I highly doubt nintendo gave them mixed messaging. I would place money on nintendo having no involvement with this beyond making the exclusivity deal and low stock, but target would know exactly how much stock they were getting, that's just how businesses work.

This was a target failure, not nintendos.

It’s Nintendo’s product! They choose how much to produce and where to sell it too, and ultimately the fact that they sold out in no time at all (less than a minute, Twitter is reporting) tells you that Nintendo clearly did not produce enough product for whatever reason, and that’s why Target have had to cancel orders. Again, if Nintendo had actually produced enough without the need for such a limited sale in the US, you would not have people complaining on here about the product selling out within ten minutes!

Still no word for the UK 😞

It’ll be early next week, I imagine.

Going rate on eBay for an unopened pack appears to be from $45 to $70. That's just nuts!

It’s Nintendo’s product! They choose how much to produce and where to sell it too, and ultimately the fact that they sold out in no time at all (less than a minute, Twitter is reporting) tells you that Nintendo clearly did not produce enough product for whatever reason, and that’s why Target have had to cancel orders. Again, if Nintendo had actually produced enough without the need for such a limited sale in the US, you would not have people complaining on here about the product selling out within ten minutes!

It’ll be early next week, I imagine.
It took longer than a minute, seeing as my first order went through at 6:29a, and second at 6:36a. Granted, it could have only taken a minute had Target's website been able to handle the traffic, but Twitter is spewing fake news. And Target had to cancel orders because their local stores were selling them to customers in-store instead of playing by corporate-dictated rules.

Your point about Nintendo needing to have produced more is valid.

Back