• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
That's what I really don't get about all of this. Surely they know how many active users the game has from the update model itself (if not that then the island backup stuff) so why don't they print around that amount of cards? Maybe the license agreement with sanrio is expensive for them, but then why (presumably) renew it for NH?
It would make more sense to put the Sanrio's on the islands to hop for and also put them as potential campsite visitors. The cards would just be for those who want them right away. But they just see green.

Nintendo never prints enough of their stuff, whether it's cards or games. This happened with Fire Emblem Awakening and Pikmin 3 and a few other games. I remember these the most because I wanted them at the time and couldn't justify buying the games at $150+
But how do we even know how many they printed? We just need to step back from the ledge until 3/26. If there's a "shortage" at that point, then I think there's reason to be upset.

So many assumptions in this thread...

But how do we even know how many they printed? We just need to step back from the ledge until 3/26. If there's a "shortage" at that point, then I think there's reason to be upset.

So many assumptions in this thread...
I think the assumptions aren't that far off. Nintendo takes a minimalist approach, it's their business model. It was revealed not long ago that they're finally upgrading their online servers after who knows how many years. Following that, Nintendo is more likely to offer less than risk printing too many. The inclusion of scalpers, who have proven to sell or have sold the Sanrio packs upwards of one-hundred dollars only makes obtaining said cards more difficult. If you don't make a concerted effort to get the cards on release day, you're probably not getting them through traditional means.

I think the assumptions aren't that far off. Nintendo takes a minimalist approach, it's their business model. It was revealed not long ago that they're finally upgrading their online servers after who knows how many years. Following that, Nintendo is more likely to offer less than risk printing too many. The inclusion of scalpers, who have proven to sell or have sold the Sanrio packs upwards of one-hundred dollars only makes obtaining said cards more difficult. If you don't make a concerted effort to get the cards on release day, you're probably not getting them through traditional means.
But isn't that true for any popular item?

this is literally a dream come true!! ive been hoping theyd come back in new horizons eventually since launch! i moved a lot of them into my town in new leaf and got all of them in pocket camp, and i was so sad when all i got were posters for scanning them in new horizons and now they’re really coming! as a huge sanrio fan, this is so exciting! chelsea coming home😢

Yeah, the fact that they put out a trailer highlighting these cards then not releasing them on the scale that fits with that is pretty aggrevating.. like I imagine the poor casuals that have kids that saw the trailer and want them and then they cant get them for them because theyre not hanging out on a forum like a hawk several times a day. Its so dumb..

Personally if this goes how most are perceiving it, these kind of practices (which I have seen before in other games) is enough for me not to support Nintendo at all in the future after the Switch is done. I was thinking about doing that anyway because I don't like the direction they are going with their others games I really like. However I am really enjoying Animal Crossing and was considering maybe sticking around just for Animal Crossing in the future. But this, just adds to it.
Eventually consumers will get tired of it. If they were really that concerned about loss of making too many, then they should do it as a digital thing, or maybe they could just sell the cards directly off the Nintendo store...I'd imagine they would have better control and prediction of sales and stock that way.
Or maybe I am just a pessimistic blob lol.

For my fellow Dutchies: it appears that you can now pre-order the cards again at Gamemania!

Here's the direct link:

Looks like they have a release of 4/15.

The first post in this thread is regularly updated as preorders go live. Keep an eye on this thread and you'll find out when they become available.

Yeah, I did see that, very neatly pilled :), I still dont know how to get them here in spain or more precisely from where to be honest but i guess i can get the objects from pp who do get the chance to get the cards. Thanks for your comment :)

Same for Europe, i have no idea where to get them :(🤷‍♀️
Besides checking here, find out where they were sold last time and check there. I got mine from Amazon DE, and I know MediaMarkt(/Saturn) have pages for the cards (and reviews), so I assume they had them last time.

Besides checking here, find out where they were sold last time and check there. I got mine from Amazon DE, and I know MediaMarkt(/Saturn) have pages for the cards (and reviews), so I assume they had them last time.
Mediamarkt in Spain doesn't have them, but ty for the info about Germany, I could try buying them there if they ship here.

If anyone buys more than 1 pack and wants to sell them I'll buy for $10

Edit: screw it, make it $12. That way I am also paying for your pack as well.

can someone give me some info on the game mania site please? i'm in us and i would like to know what the price comes to in us dollars with shipping. also how long does it take to ship? thanks

Back