• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH Γ— Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread πŸ’—

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Total voters
I have my Sanrio amiibo ready and wrapped gifts ready to go. Let's do this!! πŸ₯³
Lucky! I'm not sure when I'll get my pack (Amazon says between April 8th - May 17th, yikesssss), but I pretty darn excited! Hope you have fun with them :)

2021031808143500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Who's that villager?
2021031808145100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

iiiiiiits marty!

Yeah the update is out now! Just got the cake and the 50 Custom Design Slots from the Nook Mile Shop. Haven't seen any other changes besides that. If there is any improvements or things added that wasn't shown yesterday I would like to know.

I mentioned it in the other update thread, but you only need to scan once to be able to order their furniture.

2021031711044600_s[1].jpg

i said this in the other update thread, but it seems the sanrio villagers arent adoptable just like in NL πŸ’”

Okay well I spoken to the people from Nookazon about this and I'm sad to report that you cannot trade the Sanrio Villagers. They confirmed that they are not adoptable.

Also even if you try to catalog the Sanrio items from someone else it won't register in your catalog. You can still get the item itself from the person its just that you cannot buy it on your catalog. You still need to have the Sanrio cards in order to unlock the items when you scan it in the ATM.

So anyone who was hoping to make any villager trades or have a catalog party with the Sanrio update I'm sorry to say that its not possible.

This makes me really sad. A part of me kind of figured that the villagers wouldn’t be adoptable since they weren’t in New Leaf but I dunno. The cards have been basically impossible to get in Canada 😭 I know I can get one from an Etsy seller but still! It would be nice if I could adopt them from somebody else simply because the cards are so hard to come by.

I assumed this was the case, given that it was the same thing for the villagers in NL you got from the special series in that. While it's annoying, I'm sure we can all agree that it's obvious why this is done. They're trying to make sure they get plenty of $$$ in sales for the cards. Frankly, I'm just hoping that with these, the other cards will have another mass print.

I assumed this was the case, given that it was the same thing for the villagers in NL you got from the special series in that. While it's annoying, I'm sure we can all agree that it's obvious why this is done. They're trying to make sure they get plenty of $$$ in sales for the cards. Frankly, I'm just hoping that with these, the other cards will have another mass print.
Yeah I can't say I'm surprised. I mean Nintendo has the same motives for NH like they did in NL; that's the whole point of amiibo exclusive characters. The same thing is going to happen for the other amiibo characters if they return.

Yeah I can't say I'm surprised. I mean Nintendo has the same motives for NH like they did in NL; that's the whole point of amiibo exclusive characters. The same thing is going to happen for the other amiibo characters if they return.
Well remember how I said in the Sanrio Discussion thread it would be locked behind a paywall? Well even if you don't have the cards you will still have to rely on trading sites like Nookazon to get the items from someone else who has the cards. There is no way to get the Sanrio villagers and the items they have in the game legit without the cards. So you have to go to someone else who has the items you want but again you cannot catalog them. You can get the item itself but just not being able to catalog it.

Not to mention there are people out there who still can't get the cards and there is also those scalpers to worry about. This is not a really good way of doing this Sanrio update for those who don't have the cards. It is unfortunate.

Back