• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

Lol. 🤣🦌 😢 at the Sherb shade, but I’m not upset about the Reneigh support! 🙌
I don’t really dislike him (he’s my favorite goat), I just don’t understand why he’s lauded as highly as unique villagers despite just being a soft-looking blue goat, while similarly cute villager Megan gets thrown to the wayside

I don’t really dislike him (he’s my favorite goat), I just don’t understand why he’s lauded as highly as unique villagers despite just being a soft-looking blue goat, while similarly cute villager Megan gets thrown to the wayside
That’s true. Megan is definitely one of the most underrated villagers in ACNH.

Yeah, I wish more deer made it to the Top 24. 😢

Same here; I was really hoping Bam would make it since he's one of my all-time favourites. :(

Even though I really like Sherb, I agree! I also like Megan (along with all the other new villagers except for Dom) and while I think Sherb is super cute, with his blue colour scheme, orange ears, and pink cheeks, he just seems like a pastel goat version of Filbert to me, and I like Filbert more.

Even though I really like Sherb, I agree! I also like Megan (along with all the other new villagers except for Dom) and while I think Sherb is super cute, with his blue colour scheme, orange ears, and pink cheeks, he just seems like a pastel goat version of Filbert to me, and I like Filbert more.
Yeah, there’s an obvious baby blue lazy villager set (dizzy and Hornsby also fit that archetype). I have no problem with the archetype itself but I don’t get why the goat is competing with more interesting villagers like Ankha for popularity while the others are only mildly popular at most.

Yeah, I wish more deer made it to the Top 24. 😢

I’m glad you’ve come to like him more. 😃 He’s definitely a good pick if you’re going for a more natural-themed island.

Ah, so it seems the eyes are a pull factor for some and a push factor for others. 🤔 A lot of villagers look way cuter when you encounter them on the mystery island tours for the first time. 😁

Definitely agree with this last part, Beau is a villager I am mostly neutral toward - but I will say I encountered him on a dream island and he is cuter in game than the nookipedia pictures make him seem. Pocket camp has also made me like certain villagers more than I did previously.

I’m not sure how I feel about his eyes, but I suppose as someone who is ride or die for Tabby I can’t be too judgey on weird eyes 😬 😋
Post automatically merged:

That’s true. Megan is definitely one of the most underrated villagers in ACNH.

Hurray for the Megan love! she’s so adorable and cuddly looking! I love her green freckles.

I totally agree on Sherb. He’s cute, in a simple way, but there’s so many similarly cute villagers who get called boring, and so many unique villager designs that don’t get enough love!

Last edited:
I’m not sure how I feel about his eyes, but I suppose as someone who is ride or die for Tabby I can’t be too judgey on weird eyes 😬 😋
I have to agree with you on the eyes. His eyes aren’t the most appealing but I’m more forgiving of droopy eyes than other odd eye shapes (looking at you, Peaches and Clyde).

Honestly I agree with @Asarena. Beau used to be one of my faves in NL, but now his eyes bother me and I can’t really get over it. I was very close to guessing his exact placement too.

re: Sherb. I think he’s cute, but yeah, there are better lazies. I do really like his house, but I prefer villagers like Jacob, Moe, Paolo, Wade, Walker, Chester, Hopkins, etc. The plus side of Sherb’s popularity is that he likes to show up whenever I go island hopping, so I’ve been able to give him away a bunch of times.

Love to see all the love for Megan! 💜

Who do you guys predict for the first member of the Top 10?

10. Merengue
1608464665313.png

Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 5th
@Asarena - 10th
@misstayleigh - 23rd
@Verecund - 21st
@WaileaNoRei - 22nd
@Emmsey - 5th
@Pintuition - 1st
Public - 5th

Merengue is one of the best villagers in this Top 24 (in my opinion.) She is just so adorable! I love that she is a popular villager that is also very unique and interesting. The improved textures in ACNH have definitely benefited Merengue’s overall design. Her cake-themed design looks more realistic and almost edible (though I would NEVER eat Merengue.) In terms of this placement, I am surprised Merengue didn’t make Top 5. I guess she isn’t as popular among TBT as I thought. Maybe the less natural design isn’t for everyone. At least this allows some of the more unpopular villagers to place higher. Overall, I would have put Merengue higher because of how cute and appealing her design is.

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Asarena - Merengue is super cute, and I love her strawberry horn. Her eyes aren't my favorites though. They're like the eyes of an old cartoon character. She's pie-eyed.

@misstayleigh - Oh, Merengue… I don’t hate you, but I really don’t like you. I’m not a huge fan of food-themed villagers OR rhinos in New Horizons, so there’s not a lot working here for me. I think what really ruins her for me is my friend once said she has a whole “school girl” look going on, and that creeped me out lol. She is sweet, but I wouldn’t ever rank her #1.

@Verecund - If I had to rate Merengue, I'd give her a 7/10, which just goes to show how much I like the other villagers in here (my top 13 in this list would probably get an eight or higher). Unfortunately for Merengue, she's a lower 7 than the rest. I think the thing I like least about her appearance is her eyes. I like the shape, but I'd prefer it if she had some kind of white sclera or something, because it looks a little weird as just a black shape (especially with the cutout triangle). Still, she's a cool villager with a creative theme, but she's not a favourite of mine and I don't like enough to place her outside of my bottom four.
MerenguePicACNH.png

@WaileaNoRei - she’s just always bugged me. I find her design sickly and overdone. There’s some great themed villagers but hers is just too much for me. The food villagers in general are not my favorites (I also don’t like how many of the villagers are names for food in english – esp the cows and bulls). I don’t know why, other than just personal preference. But for some reason Merengue’s design in particular repels me. Why is her horn a strawberry? Wasn’t it enough to make her cute and pink? I will say my husband says it looks like she has gored someone, and calls her Merengue the impaler, and that has made me like her somewhat more. Basically, I know I don’t have a reason, I just am not a big fan. Like all the normals of course, she is super sweet. But also, Rhonda is just as cute, if not cuter than her, and doesn’t deserve to live in her shadow!

@Pintuition - Merengue has been my favorite villager from the get go. I’m delighted she’s made it this long, I thought for sure she’d be eliminated much earlier. I love her design, I’m a sucker for the food-themed villagers. The strawberry horn is just perfect. She’s on my main island and she’s so sweet. Her catchphrase is “shortcake”, how perfect is that? Merengue is my girl and she’s never leaving my island!
1608465283131.png

Merengue's ranking is the same ranking I gave her, so I don't have much to say about it. She's exactly where I thought she should be!

And I had a migraine yesterday, so I didn't comment on Beau's placement, but it seems about right to me. He's cute, but he's not my favorite deer.

Poor Merengue, but making it to the top 10 is still great. I’m hoping the last 2 villagers from my top 4 will do well, but I’m not sure if they really will. Both of them are less popular than some others still in the running.

She was my fast pass I believe! So I think that kept her around a bit 😂

And I think I actually ‘voted’ to keep her in the last round, with my partner @Asarena (who wanted to keep her anyway) because I was feeling so relieved that Tabby made it through that I wanted to save the other judges’ favorites.

I will say that despite not being super into her, it is nice to see a perennial favorite come from a species that is not generally very popular, and in particular a bigger species, which seem to be less popular across the board.

She was my fast pass I believe! So I think that kept her around a bit 😂
Oh right, that’s true! 😅

Merengue's ranking is the same ranking I gave her, so I don't have much to say about it. She's exactly where I thought she should be!

And I had a migraine yesterday, so I didn't comment on Beau's placement, but it seems about right to me. He's cute, but he's not my favorite deer.
Oh yeah, you had at 10th too! 😅 I hope you’re feeling better today. 🥺

Poor Merengue, but making it to the top 10 is still great. I’m hoping the last 2 villagers from my top 4 will do well, but I’m not sure if they really will. Both of them are less popular than some others still in the running.
Being less popular seems to be working well in this, but we’ll see...

It does seems like the popular but not mega popular villagers might end up coming out on top here. I am still rooting for Reneigh and Merry especially. Oh and Kiki! I keep forgetting about her, even though I ranked her really high. I guess my opinions have already changed enough that I would rank differently now!

Back