• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

13. Rudy
1607776422400.png

Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 20th
@Asarena - 20th
@misstayleigh - 2nd
@Verecund - 4th
@WaileaNoRei - 10th
@Emmsey - 14th
@Pintuition - 17th
Public - 7th (tie)

I never really noticed how cute Rudy is until recently. For some reason, he always flew under the radar for me. However, I saw him on a mystery island and he really appealed to me. He’s definitely one of my favorite Jock villager designs. I think I really like his little mouth. His eyes are also really cute, but they also have a unique flavor to them. For some reason, the orange overlay behind the black eyes really works. I’m actually really surprised that Rudy made it this high. It seems that a couple really high placements brought Rudy to this spot. Overall, I’m content with Rudy’s placement and I wouldn’t mind inviting him to my ACNH island.

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Asarena - He's cute enough I guess, but the competition is pretty stiff when it comes to cats and unfortunately there are several cats that I like a lot more than Rudy.

@misstayleigh - My favorite jock next to Tybalt!!!! I love Rudy!!! He’s got the cutest little Rudolph-esque nose and is Not annoying like a lot of the other jocks lol. He’s very excitable and is just so darn precious. On my first reset of my island I truly reset for about two weeks straight trying to get this little turkey as one of my starters. Once I finally did it, I realized that meant he would forever have his freaking starter house… so I reset again. Rudy is a PRIME villager and seasonally appropriate for the upcoming holidays!

@Verecund - Another one I fell in love with in NL; he was a starter in my third NL town and one of the only villagers there I got really attached to. But he's really cute and said some really sweet stuff to me when I had him, and he became another of my favourites. Alongside Merry, Eloise, and Canberra, he's also one of my only four 'judge favourites' that have survived to the end, so I feel a sense of loyalty to those four in this game.
RudyPicACNH.png

He’s pretty cute! No super strong opinions, but I’ve considered adopting him on mystery islands before. My second favorite jock cat (stinky is #1 obvi) I ranked him higher than I realized. There’s one villager who I now would rank much higher than I did, so i think my opinion on him is pretty close to the real result this time. Seems like a good result for him, as he is often overlooked.

I've never really had a strong opinion about Rudy, I'm neutral towards him mainly. I probably should have ranked him a bit higher but there were many other villagers I was more interested in saving. I've run into him a few times but I already had a jock and didn't want to bring on another at the time. His face in his poster is really cute- look at that happy expression!

I feel mostly neutral toward Rudy, which is why I ranked him so low, but I do have to admit he’s very cute. Unfortunately for Rudy, Stinky is one of my favorite villagers so Rudy gets overshadowed.

Also thank you very much @WaileaNoRei for the Christmas lights! I really appreciate it! Hopefully you have a good holiday too. :)

I've never really had a strong opinion about Rudy, I'm neutral towards him mainly. I probably should have ranked him a bit higher but there were many other villagers I was more interested in saving. I've run into him a few times but I already had a jock and didn't want to bring on another at the time. His face in his poster is really cute- look at that happy expression!
Yeah, I’m pretty neutral towards him too.

Sad to see Rudy go, but I didn't expect him to make it to the final round since I never hear people talk about him, so I'm glad he still did pretty well!
Yeah, I’m shocked he even made the Top 24! 🤣 He doesn’t really get talked about much, but then again, the only jock that really does is Dom.

I feel mostly neutral toward Rudy, which is why I ranked him so low, but I do have to admit he’s very cute. Unfortunately for Rudy, Stinky is one of my favorite villagers so Rudy gets overshadowed.
I prefer Rudy to Stinky. Stinky just gives me yucky vibes, which I guess is understandable if you look at his name. 😅

Also thank you very much @WaileaNoRei for the Christmas lights! I really appreciate it! Hopefully you have a good holiday too. :)

stinky is one of my favorites as well!

he’s such a good fit for the weird jock dialogue too! (But yeah, some of that is pretty yucky) he has great eyebrow game too.

F5C8F538-C2D5-42CF-A5E9-FE67F15FCF68.jpeg

Look at his amazing photo; what an absolute star!
Post automatically merged:

Any predictions for #12?

having reviewed who is left, I think maybe Eloise? She is one who I have really changed my mind about over the course of this rank down, but I think she is not generally super popular. I’d love for her to stay in longer. Maybe Roald or Wade?

I mostly don’t even remember how I ranked the remaining villagers!😅

Reneigh and Merry are now favorites of mine, so I hope they do well! (Now naturally it will be one of them, haha)

It’d be interesting if it was one of the more traditionally popular villagers though.

Last edited:
12. Eloise
1607861646708.png

Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 3rd
@Asarena - 13th
@misstayleigh - 15th
@Verecund - 5th
@WaileaNoRei - 8th
@Emmsey - 20th
@Pintuition - 7th
Public - 21st

I never really considered Eloise to be cute until New Horizons. I felt that she got a glow-up that highlighted her adorable eyes. Needless to say, I am shocked she made it this far. The elephants are one of the most unpopular villager species so I was shocked that one even made it to the Top 24. Then, Eloise placed over villagers like Judy, which shocked me even more. At least the elephants are getting the positive attention they deserve in this rankdown. Eloise is definitely one of the better elephants, mostly because her design takes advantage of the quirkiness and makes it cute. Her yellow color scheme looks really nice in New Horizons. My main issue with Eloise is the little tuft of brown hair on her head. It just looks strange and out of place. While I would have probably had Eloise lower, I’m glad an elephant made it this far in the competition.

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Florence + The Machine - The elephants are my favorite villager species and I think Eloise is underrated. I tend to like the snooty villagers, and Eloise in particular has a cute design and a nice house.

@Asarena - Eloise is really cute. She's one of my favorite elephants. I can't think of much else to say about her though, so I guess that's why she's not higher on my ranking.

Oh no Eloise! I like her well enough, but I agree- that odd tuft of brown hair really doesn't do her any favors. I've never had her in NH but I've had her in the past and I've always liked her. I'm just glad an elephant made the top 15!

Darn, my favourites really aren't doing well lately - only two of my top 8 are left. :( Eloise was one of the first villagers to ever give me her photo (maybe even the first, I'm not sure), so I've always had a soft spot for her because of that. On top of that, I think she's pretty cute and my favourite elephant! (Plus she's snooty, my favourite personality.)

I'm also very impressed that Eloise has done so well considering that she's not very popular! She's one of only five villagers in the top 24 that got nominated in both of the first two rounds, and the only one of those that received no votes to cut her in the second nomination round, so I think that's pretty cool.

She's one of only five villagers in the top 24 that got nominated in both of the first two rounds, and the only one of those that received no votes to cut her in the second nomination round, so I think that's pretty cool.
Wow, that’s cool! I’m impressed that you were able to keep track of that! 😅

I feel like it makes sense that Eloise ranked in the middle of the top 24. She's really cute, but at the same time she doesn't really have any particular quality that stands out to me.

And speaking of top 8s, only three of mine are left:
1. Olaf
2. ???
3. Yuka
4. Colton
5. ???
6. Pinky
7. ???
8. Bangle

I never really liked the elephant villagers, but during the course of this competition, Eloise won me over. I was all set to cut her and save Raymond, because although I am not a huge fan I think he is alright and felt weird being the one responsible for cutting him and Marshal. But...I just couldn’t do it and the more I looked at cute pictures of her the more I just liked he bright colors and he cute face and even her silly brown bangs.

so, congrats, Eloise, you triumphed over Raymond and made it so far!

I really wish I liked the snooty personality more, becauseI like a lot of the designs. Still, I plan on moving Eloise in at some point on one of my islands.

Of my top 8 I still have 4 left it turns out (had to go and look up who they actually were) if I were ranking now, I would switch 3 and 5 and put Reneigh up in the top ten. Only one of my bottom 4 has showed up so far... 😵

1. Tabby
2. Bangle
3. ***
4. Judy
5. ***
6. ***
7. ***
8. Eloise
9. ***
10. Rudy
11. Pinky
12. Canberra
13. ***
14. ***
15. Sprinkle
16. Yuka
17. ***
18. Olaf
19. Filbert
20. Bruce
21. ***
22. ***
23. ***
24. Colton

Sad to see Eloise out of the competition, but like people said, I'm happy that she was able to make it this far. I personally prefer Opal over Eloise as my snooty elephant of choice, but Eloise is still great too. I still have 6 out of my Top 8 villagers left to be ranked, so I'm optimistic they'll do well.

My Top 8 so far:
1. ???
2. ???
3. Eloise
- The elephants are my favorite villager species and I think Eloise is underrated. I tend to like the snooty villagers, and Eloise in particular has a cute design and a nice house.
4. Judy - Kind of a "basic" choice, but I like Judy's ombré fur. I've found her a few times on mystery islands and now I can't let her leave my town. I used to think she was creepy, but I think that's part of her charm.
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???

I never really liked the elephant villagers, but during the course of this competition, Eloise won me over. I was all set to cut her and save Raymond, because although I am not a huge fan I think he is alright and felt weird being the one responsible for cutting him and Marshal. But...I just couldn’t do it and the more I looked at cute pictures of her the more I just liked he bright colors and he cute face and even her silly brown bangs.

so, congrats, Eloise, you triumphed over Raymond and made it so far!

I really wish I liked the snooty personality more, becauseI like a lot of the designs. Still, I plan on moving Eloise in at some point on one of my islands.

Of my top 8 I still have 4 left it turns out (had to go and look up who they actually were) if I were ranking now, I would switch 3 and 5 and put Reneigh up in the top ten. Only one of my bottom 4 has showed up so far... 😵

1. Tabby
2. Bangle
3. ***
4. Judy
5. ***
6. ***
7. ***
8. Eloise
9. ***
10. Rudy
11. Pinky
12. Canberra
13. ***
14. ***
15. Sprinkle
16. Yuka
17. ***
18. Olaf
19. Filbert
20. Bruce
21. ***
22. ***
23. ***
24. Colton
First of all, congratulations for correctly predicting Eloise! 👏 Ah, so it was Eloise who triumphed over King Raymond (maybe my opinions on her have changed now lol.)

Sad to see Eloise out of the competition, but like people said, I'm happy that she was able to make it this far. I personally prefer Opal over Eloise as my snooty elephant of choice, but Eloise is still great too. I still have 6 out of my Top 8 villagers left to be ranked, so I'm optimistic they'll do well.

My Top 8 so far:
1. ???
2. ???
3. Eloise
- The elephants are my favorite villager species and I think Eloise is underrated. I tend to like the snooty villagers, and Eloise in particular has a cute design and a nice house.
4. Judy - Kind of a "basic" choice, but I like Judy's ombré fur. I've found her a few times on mystery islands and now I can't let her leave my town. I used to think she was creepy, but I think that's part of her charm.
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???
I also prefer Opal over Eloise. I feel that she fits the Snooty personality better.

Just checked back all 8 of my top 8 are still in the running. Fingers crossed for each and every one of them!
Wow, that’s REALLY lucky! 😁

Echoing most other people's opinions, I never have had strong feelings for/against Rudy and Eloise as a matter of fact. Cool to see them making it this far in the competition, but I am happy that some of the stronger contenders are still in the running!

Back