• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

I've been playing ACNH for about 30 mins or less almost every day this summer and, while repetitive, it's been a very nice way to start my day. However, with September beginning, the grass getting lighter, Nook's Cranny decorating appropriately, and villagers starting to talk about the crisper weather, I can't wait for another fall and winter in ACNH. For me, September-December is the best time to play the game because of the changing scenery, holidays, and items you can use to decorate your island.

The fall colors are so pretty. And the few times it snows in December (before the trees and terrain turn to snow) is beautiful.

I'm liking the fall and spring grass on my islands (one northern, one southern) more than I did in the past. I kind of hate the yellow and yellowish green grass. But this year, I decided to try to decorate around it a little. For example, I'm doing autumny color flowers on the autumn island in hopes that they will match the grass better. And I have villagers with mostly earth toned homes. So far it's working out.

Today has been a fantastic birthday, not only did my two fav villagers Judy and Raymond attend my bday party, they left a cute message at KK for me too. Along with that it's a meteor shower too! All in all fantadtic day.

I guess doing Nook Mile tasks to get Nook Miles and redeem for Nook Mile Tickets isn't so bad when you're trying to save them up to go villager hunting.

One of my cats just passed away in a horrible manner, when I'm not sleeping acnh has been my go-to for comfort.
i’m so sorry for your loss. losing a pet is an incredibly difficult thing even when they’ve been around for a long time so i understand your pain. i lost two of my furbabies prematurely (both 5+ years ago) and i still miss them and think about them every day. it’s okay to be down and to take as much time to yourself as you need. i know we’ve never spoken but if you ever want to talk about anything at all, my pms are open. 💖

-
one of my favorite things in the game is interior decorating. i absolutely LOVE the way you can utilize lighting to create ambience, and all of the little furniture items in the miscellaneous section are so cute and help to create even more detail. designing/terraforming the island itself, on the other hand… is another story. for some reason it’s so hard for me to visualize and execute what i want when the area to work with is so large, so i’ve been doing very small areas at a time. it’s such a daunting task so i commend everyone with completed islands!

I had open plots on two islands so I did a lot of mystery island hopping and settled on Bella for the goth island and Tabby for the other island. <3
Post automatically merged:

One of my cats just passed away in a horrible manner, when I'm not sleeping acnh has been my go-to for comfort.

Sorry to hear about your cat. That's rough.

I know I am really late to the party on this achievement, but I stopped playing for awhile. Nonetheless, my villagers welcomed me back! I received 3 village photos (Lolly, Kabuki, Fauna) in my main town.

Thank you to everyone who posted the crest door plate method.

I time traveled to try to catch a string fish, and while I haven't found a string fish, I do like how my current island design looks in winter. <3

The fall colors are so pretty. And the few times it snows in December (before the trees and terrain turn to snow) is beautiful.
I absolutely love autumn! Everything about it is wonderful in my eyes. And I definitely agree about the snowing before everything is covered in snow. It's just really pretty to see. But I also like how pretty everything looks with the snow covering it. I just wish that it was a little more "realistic" about it. Like once your island hasn't had snowfall for X amount of days, it melts. Stuff like that would be cool. But it's still a really wonderful time to play.

I actually prefer the animal crossing new horizons items to the pocket camp items.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not downplaying how gorgeous the pocket camp furniture is, it really is! It’s just all... Way less, usefull? It’s furniture for exactly the kind of game pocketcamp is, a gacha collection game.

What I mean by that is that they’re basically elaborate individual collectable pieces for a whole. They’re too big and too finished to like, actually build with. Because they’re meant to just be plonked into the camp site. They also include too few individual pieces for actual builds, and are too elaborate to elegantly mix and match.

tl/dr I’d rather build an outdoor library from individual book shelves, terraforming and fencing and decorating it to the theme and vibe I want with various seasonal items or custom designs than stick a bunch of elaborate items called ‘the library set’ together

Having different map layouts when you restart is a lot more better when you have a 2nd switch. It helps keep the game refreshing.

New Horizons is the first game to actually make the casual gameplay style of playing little bits at a time *rewarding* there’s no stress about finding movers or one villager’s initial catchphrase and shirt spreading all over the place the longer you play. I also adore fishing for my villagers so that their houses don't end up being aquaria is fantastic

NH always helped to put me to sleep. Like that's not a jab lol. When the pandemic was going on (and still is hard) I was pretty much forced to work long shifts that fell into double or longer shifts. So when I did finish and come home it was sometimes hard to actually relax and get some sleep like I had lowkey insomnia or something. So I would just boot up NH, put my villager near the ocean and let the audio put me to sleep. Sometimes it took longer than other times, but it usually helped.

I know a lot of people say that NH was there when we needed it most. But for someone like me who was just tossed into that pandemic hotmess and forced to work it when no one seemed willing to pull their weight to end it as soon as possible, it really wasn't that safe haven for me. But it still did help me in its own way.

Back