• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

I just got back on after almost a year away and I'm so excited! I know people are (understandly) disappointed in some areas, but because I missed so much it's all new :) I had a lot of my island terraformed, but after I came back I started wanting something different so I am in the process of changing it again. I thought it would be impossible to collect things I missed, or make money, or get certain items, but everyone has been so friendly and helpful and it's also been so satisfying to help others in return!

I'm looking to see what discords for ACNH are out there, I know there are quite a few but sometimes the massive ones are so overwhelming. Would love any recommendations, none of my friends play anymore :(

I love how easy it is to catch most insects in this game, even if you have to go in from an angle when they are on a tree.

I love how in the latest update they made the new food/drinks consumable and give you energy. To some people this may not seem like that big of a deal, but I think it's awesome and helps immerse me into the game more. It was quite boring only being able to eat a few different items for energy until now. I feel like this is also opening up the possibility of so many more food/drink items we can consume!

I love how in the latest update they made the new food/drinks consumable and give you energy. To some people this may not seem like that big of a deal, but I think it's awesome and helps immerse me into the game more. It was quite boring only being able to eat a few different items for energy until now. I feel like this is also opening up the possibility of so many more food/drink items we can consume!

Maybe there will eventually be cooking too. That would be neat.

I've been jealous seeing the bubble tea in Pocket Camp so I'm over the moon we now have it in NH! Boba today & who knows, maybe the waterslides will be in our future too, I'm throwing this out into the universe!!

I'm a boba addict irl and finding frozen mix ones in my local chinese grocery stores during my area's so many lockdowns keeps me happy!

I also love all the other new snacks & our characters' reactions when eating the popsicles & cotton candy made me laugh, it's just adorable. I tt'd to August cuz I couldn't wait to get them and now I'm off stalking my villagers to try to take pics of us enjoying snacks together...

To those pretending NL is a better game than NH out of spite of the lack of recent updates. Let's see what you are loosing and what you are gaining from preferring NL over NH.

Gaining
  • More special characters, but with little to no pertinence because these functions are also in NH : Dr. Shrunk, Harriet, Phyllis, Pete, Pelly, Wendell, Cyrus and Reese's workshop, Mr. Resetti & Don Resetti, Chip & Nat, Phineas, DJ KK, Booker and Copper, Lyle
  • Gyroids
  • Blanca's visits
  • Katie and Kaitlin's visits
  • Brewster's café
  • Katrina's tent
  • Gracie's store
  • Southern Island/Tortimer's Island games
  • Digby's Happy Home Showcase
  • Mr. Ressetti
  • More store's upgrades
  • Customizing the plaza
  • Some types of flowers
  • Some types of fruits
  • Nintendo-related villagers : Cece, Viché, Ganon, Wolf L., Epona, etc.
  • The RV park section
  • Town ordinance
Loosing
  • New characters introduced in NH : Wilbur and Oscar,
  • Crafting DIY and ressources gathering
  • Terraforming
  • Decorating outside
  • Some bugs, some fish, and some new sea creatures
  • 40 storage spaces on hand
  • Paths
  • Fences
  • Great screen resolution
  • Good 720p/1080p graphics
  • TV play
  • Better sound quality
  • Some space for storing patterns
  • socks
  • Pumkin gardening
  • Some types of flowers
  • Achievements
  • Checking your catalog, communicating with visitors via the phone app
  • Villager posters
  • The ability to send mail to friends over the Internet
  • The 8 new villagers introduced in New Horizons
  • Some K.K. music pieces
  • 3 land levels in town (cliffs)
In the end, what are we REALLY getting for renouncing outside decorations/terraforming/crafting/way better graphics/fences and paths/tv play? Brewster's, Tortimer's, Blanca's boring mini games (barista/hit the lawn mower/draw my face), gyroids, mangos, bananas, durians, and out-of-place weird villagers like Wolf L., Ganon, and Inkwell... Really? That's the giveaway? If you like trading down, I guess New Leaf is for you...

Last edited:
-The game is relaxing.

-The game is great looking.

-Still Animal Crossing so that's cool!

These fireworks are so beautiful.
They remind me of being a kid and going to watch the fireworks on the beach every weekend in August.

I dunno, they're just kinda magical

Coming from someone who’s only been playing NH for two weeks…

I enjoy how much more lifelike the villagers are. They appear to take notice of placed items and interact with each other a lot more.

Obviously the graphical and mechanical improvements are wonderful.

I love how clean and modern the phone apps and loading screens are (the blue DAL screen for example). They could have really overdone it and made it overly busy, but they showed some restraint.

Nook Miles are a wonderful idea and fit perfectly with the game.

The museum is amazing. I wish there was more to actually do in there, such as activity areas like I remember as a kid (Forth Worth science museum, if anyone was there 15-20 years ago) It looks like a real museum.

The color palette is great. I realize the graphics have obviously been improved, but the color choice itself is wonderful.

Yeah, I thought it was going to be like the cider glass from New Years and have its own 'toast' animation or that it'd just be a infinitely consumable food piece. I know some might not like that, but it makes it more believable and gives it a sense of immersion. Probably not the best word to describe it, but it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head right now.

I like that you can take a break and come back and not much bad happens. (Except some weeds, but my town is mostly flowers and paths so I don't have too many!)

Also I'm glad they made Redd come more often, and Saharah dialogue shorter. They did these a little while ago but I just am happy they listened and did those (and added a feature to hide the menu options when you take a picture after requests.)

(Also maybe this is silly but I really like they added so many animations... when I was younger in older games I really wanted to do stuff like sit - and jump. )

Apollo is a very handsome eagle. And it's sweet how he sings all the time.

Iggly's house is a gorgeous frozen treat shop. I love it so much. I can't wait for winter when I might just decorate a house all in the winter and frozen items.

I like how I actually get new dialogue every now and then, still to this day. People always talk about how bland and boring the villagers' dialogue is, and I always get so confused when I see that, because I am still getting things I've never seen before.

Also, another thing that makes me different from a lot of people on these forums, is that I enjoy all of the small updates we've been getting. Sure, it might all be seasonal items, stuff like that, but... I'm not really expecting a whole lot more from a game with their FREE UPDATES when I've already put over 500 hours into the game. Call me a simp, but I think that's an amazing amount of time for $60.

Having a 2nd switch with a 2nd island is a breathtaking experience where I can restart whenever I want and do a lot more cooler ideas with the island while at the same time keeping my main island which has since been completed. I've also been using the post card stand to send myself some furniture variants from the 2nd island that I cannot get on my main island. It such a great thing to have.

I've been playing ACNH for about 30 mins or less almost every day this summer and, while repetitive, it's been a very nice way to start my day. However, with September beginning, the grass getting lighter, Nook's Cranny decorating appropriately, and villagers starting to talk about the crisper weather, I can't wait for another fall and winter in ACNH. For me, September-December is the best time to play the game because of the changing scenery, holidays, and items you can use to decorate your island.

Back