• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

I brought back some favorite villagers to my new island--Sylvana, Fang (Cha-Comp!), Bones, Diana, Marshal, Felicity, and Dotty. It's nice to see old pals again.

What I love more than anything about AC:NH is that making friends comes before making a profit, and this is coming from someone who started his own shop. Seriously though, everyone is just looking to help each other out because the real profit is the connections you make, whether it's through business or just hanging out with friends

I just found Megan and Julian having a conversation and I have to say, they are very cute together. I'm making a new island with white/pink/blue/purple elegant semi-theme and I have these two along with Diana, Freya, Fang, Sylvana, Apollo, Bones, Chèvre, and Audie. Audie (being orange) doesn't match but her turquoise house looks nice on the beach.

Eventually, if I kept his island long enough, I might try to bring back Judy and Dom. Or maybe reinvite Etoile or Chelsea.

I FINALLY got the giraffe stag this weekend, the last one I need to complete my museum, I am freeeee!!!

My god the relief I felt made me want to cry lol when I finally caught him! I've had no luck last summer and had a hard time even spotting one in my own island even with its many palm trees. Had to keep decimating mystery islands to make an all palm trees when it finally paid off.

I don't think I'm crazy enough to keep destroying more islands though just to get 3 more for the model lol.

The villagers feel so alive in this game with all the different activities there are for them to do. That is one thing that makes it so hard to go back to the older games - the villagers just wander aimlessly, doing nothing.

I also know that the villager dialogue is a topic often complained about, but this far into the game I see all kinds of new dialogue. Of course, the greetings do repeat when you initially talk to them, but I remember that in all the games. I don't find it any more repetitive than older games, personally, and I talk to my villagers quite a bit. Honestly I have lots of screenshots and videos of conversations with my villagers that I've really enjoyed.

I love the sunlight early in the morning, like 6-8AM. It’s so peaceful and pretty.
I like having Harvey’s island, it’s such a cute idea and is really fun to do photo shoots!
I love how waterscaping looks.
I love the new PRO design app and how the custom clothes making mechanism works. There are so many awesome clothing designs out there now and they actually look GOOD thanks to the ux.
I loveee some of the Furniture, especially the Public Benches and phone box.
I do like how we have more control over the villagers moving in and out, though i have some complains still that I won’t list here :D
I like how we don’t really need Town Ordinances anymore to keep all the flowers from dying.

I went fishing tonight on the western shore of my island. There were four large fish all lined up— sunfish, great white, hammerhead, and whale shark. It felt great getting that many good catches that quickly, all in a row.

I love the context sensitive dialogue in this game.
I recently got Tutu on my island and she's a peppy with an air conditioner in her house.

She spoke about how she needs it for her singing.
First time I've heard that line because she's the first peppy I've had with one in her house.

It makes the line even more special to her.

Also, tutu is adorable

I also love the different things villagers carry, like all the food items 🍔 and little basket that Stitches carries are so cute. And Stitches running around in his yard..I love to see it!

I really love the big fish mystery island!! I had a lucky streak last week & got them 2 days in a row when I went around 7 p.m trying to find the elusive scorpion island.

I was just so deliriously happy catching so many arapaimas, arowanas, dorados & even though I could earn more technically selling turnips on the turnip exchange, this was just pure fun!

Details aside when it comes to the game itself the one thing I'm noticing more and more is how much I've benefited from the game mentally. ACNH has really helped take my mind off worrying about silly things that would usually fester for far too long and (I think I've mentioned this before) it's also helped me get off my phone more. Plus when I get a creative burst it tends to stick around for a while and it makes the terraforming aspect of animal crossing a lot more enjoyable and fun overall.

i love how the grumpy villagers always say to take care about not running around carelessly... i like when my villagers worry about me ;;

was thinking about it tonght, and I’m so glad that villagers don’t move away by themselves. imagine all the “omg I went on vacation for a week and Raymond moved away” sob stories we’d hear… that would be tragic.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but it's great that villagers can no longer move out randomly on their own, because I can go a long time without playing the game without having to time travel backwards in order to prevent them from leaving.

And I'm glad I already have all my villagers' photos so I don't have to worry about their friendship levels.

Back