• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Able Sisters Discussion

Maplenut
What I do when it comes to making patterns is starting with sleeves. It helps me decide what colors to use and how I will layout everything. You can also copy the designs with its self. When I work on the front of an outfit I will make it simple at first and then copy it to the behind pattern. This again will help with outlining everything. If you have any questions or want some more advice message me if you would like.

Does anyone think it's even possible to make a matching grass pattern (ignoring the color issue)? I've been trying to make a go at it with the square pattern and I'm having a heck of a time lining up the edges with the actually grass. It seems that the grass' shapes are at angles I can't achieve. :/

Is there any possible way to 'favorite' them without having to bookmark

One thing I do when I like a pattern I find is to copy and paste the photo of the pattern and QR Code into a document on my computer. Then you have instant access to your favorites!

I have a question: If I delete one of my characters, the one that put down a path, will the path just disappear or turn blank? Or will it stay as is?

I have a question: If I delete one of my characters, the one that put down a path, will the path just disappear or turn blank? Or will it stay as is?

I believe that it will turn white. But if your other characters aren't able to remove pattern they didn't put down then it should just disappear. Experiment if you need to. If you really like the pattern and are keeping the town, I would put it in your Ables shop and make your second character take it to replace the patterns on the ground.

If you are deleting the town, be sure to save the pattern as a QR and scan it later on.

Do any other people who make patterns by hand not like it when you work hard on your patterns, and then someone comes in with one of the patterm egnerating programs , do absolutely no work whatsoever, and take your business?

Do any other people who make patterns by hand not like it when you work hard on your patterns, and then someone comes in with one of the patterm egnerating programs , do absolutely no work whatsoever, and take your business?

Well most people think it's alright because that's pretty much how we had to do it in the previous animal crossings. I understand how you feel but you shouldn't dislike them for it. Sometimes it's easier for people to use one of those because they aren't creative or good at pixle art. I don't understand what you mean by take your business unless you are referring to the Able Sisters board, but at least you aren't out real money, you know? I have some of my QR designs up on another website and I've been told they aren't very good but when I look at another person's pattern of the same design and see theirs is particularly better, I don't assume they used a generator. Some people are just really really good.

I dont charge for my patterns, I just wanted to know if it bothers people who do. I am also not assuming that they are using a pattern generator, they flat out say that they are using a pattern generator.

I made my first ACNL pattern last night!
It's a sign for a campsite and I wanted to know if anybody wanted one of those. Sadly I didn't have enough room to plop an arrow in there, so it's just the igloo/tent.

Last edited:
I dont charge for my patterns, I just wanted to know if it bothers people who do. I am also not assuming that they are using a pattern generator, they flat out say that they are using a pattern generator.

Well at least they come out and say it, however, there is nothing wrong with them charging for the pattern if the people are actually willing to pay for it. All my patterns are free but donations are welcome if someone so chooses.

I didn't even know there were pattern generators o.o
How does one use them/Where can one find them?
Personally I like pixelling, so making the patterns by hand is a fun pasttime for me, but I can see why others who're not into it would want to use pattern generators.

How do you even make paths? I keep trying in game but they never look as smooth or as neat as ones I have seen online?

I have a question and I don't know if I am posting in the right location. So forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong location.
I have notice that when people post path QR codes its on something that looks like a canvas. I want to know how do I get that pattern layout. I have tried looking at every website I can think of to help me with this. Can anyone tell me how I can make canvas looking designs? I want to start making paths now that I have been playing this game for a while. I already have the QR maker also. Please if anyone can help me this that would be awesome. :)

I have a question and I don't know if I am posting in the right location. So forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong location.
I have notice that when people post path QR codes its on something that looks like a canvas. I want to know how do I get that pattern layout. I have tried looking at every website I can think of to help me with this. Can anyone tell me how I can make canvas looking designs? I want to start making paths now that I have been playing this game for a while. I already have the QR maker also. Please if anyone can help me this that would be awesome. :)

You know how when you're drawing a (non pro) pattern, the preview image is on a shirt? If you click on the little button in the upper left, it will cycle between shirt, umbrella, hat, and flat canvas.

How do you even make paths? I keep trying in game but they never look as smooth or as neat as ones I have seen online?
It just takes a lot of practice and experimentation. figure out how to get things to tile properly when placed next to each other, and make full use of the colors available to you. I'd check out sprite/pixel art tutorials in particular, especially ones that talk about making tiles for games. I always take a while while making my patterns and testing them out.. adding darker colors here or lighter ones there... etc etc. You tiles on the ground change automatically when you edit them, so it's easy to test out your work as you go along.

Is anyone aware of any Megaman/Rockman QR codes?
Patterns, clothes, hats.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if anyone is bothering to read the 'Official Request' thread.

I recently put up a Request for Final Fantasy stuff.

I was hoping some kind person would take up the request but not even one person seems to be paying attention to me when I post there.

Try using Microsoft Excel. Shape the cells into squares, enough to match a pattern, and start colouring them. When finished just copy the cells down and see if the tiles align nicely. Zoom out to get a better view. When done you just enter edit-mode in the game and copy each cell. The colour will vary but the pattern will remain the same.

This is driving me crazy! Are the colors in our version different than the ones originally released in Japan? There's a shade of pink I can get by scanning QR codes, but I can't get that shade when I'm designing.

It's like a specific pink tone and I've tried *every single* even remotely pink shade, but it just doesn't match. You can clearly see in the thumbnails even that they are not the same. What's up with this, anyone know?

Back