• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

A quick question about cycling

Heartcore

Bells
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
My friend gave me her copy of AC:NL, since she doesn't play anymore, and I was just wondering, in order to start cycling villagers, do I need to get the mayoral permit and stuff? (Get my ratings up to 100%, all that jazz)?

I believe you do need to get your permit, 2nd house upgrade, and access to the island before villagers can move out. They can keep moving in until there is 9 of them though, but until you finish those prerequisites you can't get anyone out.

My villagers in my cycle town didn't begin moving out until I had my permit approved and my tent upgraded to a house (just one upgrade), and I time traveled a lot of days before finishing all of that. Years, even.

I can't confirm it to be absolute truth, just telling you what I know.

I have created cycling towns. The only requirement is that you have 9 villagers, and have talked through the beginning dialogue (buying clothes, how to save, etc.)

Back