• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

A question for the ages!

Dorian

Bells
Switch
3338-6902-7891
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
I have a sister named Diana, who I am not close with. When beautiful, brand-spanking new faun Diana with the incredible lavendar swirl hair moved into my town off someone's void, I thought, 'Wow! How lucky is that?'

Fast forward a few days... and I cannot STAND the fact that she has my sister's name. Long story short, I had to move her out. Gahh, lol!!

Now I realize most people don't know real-life people with names like Flurry or Jitters, but have you ever moved someone out due to their having a name of a real person you just cannot stand?

I really like this question :) Story me!

well uh
i had a villager with my birth name and i honestly couldn't stand that villager because of tht (also because of other things but i just hated it so much)

Ugh, Diana is the name of a girl I know that I can't stand. I had a crush on her and then saw how she treated other people and how she acted and now I just uggHHH no. No no no. I will never have Diana in my town.

Chrissy's Spanish name is Lali, and I know someone I absolutely CANNOT stand whose nickname is Lali. If she ever moved into my town, I have no clue what I'd do. I'd probably reset my town even if it had the best layout ever.

I hate the villager Eloise because that's my name, and it's wasted on a gross yellow elephant. Nice.

The names don't bother me. There are people I like and dislike with the same name. I'm not going to be upset because the "good one" shares a name with the "bad one."

never heard of a player moving out a villager just because the villager's name is the same as someone they know..

The names don't bother me. There are people I like and dislike with the same name. I'm not going to be upset because the "good one" shares a name with the "bad one."

This.

I don't care if a villager has the same name as someone I know. I won't like/dislike them more because of it.

Back