8/26 - Meet the Pack!

Iced_Holly

Bells
Okay, let's get into what the last entry was supposed to be about. As promised as yesterday's blog, today I was gonna to list all ten of the villagers I plan to be permanent residents of Hawthorn, along with a brief explanation as to why I chose them for the town. I want to mention that I do own the amiibo cards for all these, which makes my life a whole lot easier.

Now, for Hawthorn, I just went with villagers I really, really liked, rather than focusing on having villagers of every personality. However, I did want to have...some variety of species (even though I happen to have three dogs and two wolves). Because of this, I'm lacking a peppy villager, as I'm not a huge fan of them, unless it's Cookie or Bangle. In Cookie's case, as I said before I already had a trio of dogs and I didn't want to replace the ones I chose. As for Bangle, I already have a tiger villager that I liked more - again, I wanted at least a little bit of variety. I do have all the other personalities covered, however.

So, without further ado, meet the future residents of Hawthorn!

1) Bea

A little story here. My brother got Animal Crossing for the Gamecube Christmas morning 2002, just a few months after it came out and we shared a town together. Now, in the early weeks, as new villagers moved into the town, I really wanted a dog villager, as they are my favorite animal. And lo and behold, the very last two villagers to move in out of the initial fifteen were Maddie and Bea respectfully. You can imagine how incredibly happy I was. Out of the two, I liked Bea the most, though I thought Maddie was great too (again, my tastes towards Peppy villagers have changed, but I still don't mind her). Anyway, I thought that Bea was absolutely adorable and I loved having her in the town.

However, at the time, I was completely unaware that villagers could move out. So, when I time traveled for the very first time in an Animal Crossing game back a couple of weeks... Bea had moved out. Twelve year old me was pretty devastated and resorted to resetting the game (another first at the time), and changing the clock back to see if that would help. Sadly, it didn't. However, because I time traveled so much after that and had so, so many villagers move away, eventually I had cycled through them all and Bea ended up moving back in, even though it wasn't the same one. I think she even put her house in the same acre as before... That Bea has not moved out, even after fourteen or so years.

Anyway, I've always liked her and was pretty pleased when I found out she was coming back in the Welcome Amiibo update, though I didn't grab her card until planning my last town on this cartridge, but I'm glad I finally did - I adore her even more now and I pretty much have to have her in Hawthorn. She's pretty much become my favorite villager right now. Hopefully she'll be in AC Switch... if it ever comes out in the first place....

Whew! That was quite a lot longer than I had wanted. Hopefully everyone else won't get as long entries.

2) Cherry

I admit it, I have a huge soft spot for uchis. Personality-wise, they are my favorite (I actually have a second uchi I planned for Hawthron that I'll get into later on), even if their designs aren't exactly the best.

I had Cherry as the first random move-in in a town from four years ago. Now, I didn't know who she was at this point and had confused her with the cub villager of the same name. Needless to say, I was pretty excited when I realized she was a dog. She was the first uchi villager that really connected to me and I've loved her ever since. However, like Bea before her, she did end up moving out, this time because I hadn't played for a while. And because this was 2014 and we didn't have amiibo cards, (and I had no clue about the 16 villager cycle at the time) I actually ended restarting that town... Thankfully I don't have to worry about that anymore now.

3) Lucky

Way back in the days of GCN Animal Crossing, Lucky was the only dog villager I didn't want to move into town. Twelve year-old Holly thought he was more than a little creepy, being a mummy dog and all.

Well, he did end up moving in and though I considered time traveling to get him to move out, I decided to give him a chance and go on and talk to him. Really glad I did because he is an absolute sweetheart and I love him to death now. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out he was an incredibly popular villager. Either way, by me actually giving him a chance all those years ago, he's definitely earned a spot in Hawthorn - and in my heart. <3

4) Fang

Out of all the wolves, Fang is my absolute favorite. In fact, he's one of my favorite villagers of all time. I just love his design and I've always been incredibly fond of him. Hell, there was this one town where I was plot-resetting for an entirely different villager and his plot happened to show up. I decided to just go ahead and having him in that villager's stead because he's just an awesome, awesome wolf. Definitely looking forward to having him as a resident of Hawthorn.

5) Whitney

Fang might be my favorite wolf, but Whitney is an incredibly close second. Which is ironic because the first time I ever had her as a villager was in my least favorite game in the franchise, City Folk. Obviously, that didn't affect my eventual, strong fondness for her and I've tried to have her in most of my New Leaf towns. Including this one. ^_^ Unfortunately, the plot I have chosen for her is incredibly close to my current bridge, which I'm planning to demolish and move down as soon as I unlock the brick bridge. Hopefully that won't take too long and I can move Whitney into town within a couple weeks.

6) Marshal

Yes, you can count me as one of the legions of Marshal fans. xD But can you blame me? He's freaking adorable and I love the smug personality as it is. I had him as a random move-in one time (go me) and I pretty much instantly fell in love with the little guy. Really, the only thing I'm not too fond of is his... rather sloppy looking house. But I love him, so I can look past that. <3

7) Bob

If you haven't guessed by now, I am very much what you can call a 'dog person'. I just love 'em to death and I can't have a town in Animal Crossing without at least one dog villager in it. That being said, I'm not too fond of most of the cat villagers in the series. Bob is one of the few exceptions. How can I not love that lazy-looking face? It also helps that he was in the original GCN town my brother and I shared, much like Bea and Lucky, and he kinda stuck with me for all these years since then. So, I pretty much have to include him, right? Of course I do.

8) Pashmina

Okay, this one is a lot more recent favorite, but here's the thing - Pashmina happened to be a random move-in from the last town I had on this cartridge. I didn't care for her when I first met her, but it didn't take long for her to worm her way into my heart (like I said, I have a fondness for the uchi personality), and when she pinged me to move while time traveling to move in other villagers, I didn't even hesitate in telling her to stay. Even bought her card just in case because I ended up liking her so much. '

Plus, she and Cherry were besties in my last town and I thought that was one of the most adorable things ever, so now they both get to be together in a town again. Oddly enough, one of my starting villagers, Nan, is also a goat - she even likes some of the Roccoco furniture, just like Pashmina. xD I thought that was amusing.

9) Fauna

I had actually considered having Bam as my resident deer villager. But as much as I love him (he's actually going to be in my second town, Sunfall), I've grown to like Fauna just a little bit more - I consider her one of the cutest villagers out there. I really like the deer in the game (even though most of the male ones look more like antelopes or gazelles instead of deer - that bothers me) and Fauna has been steadily rising in the ranks of my favorite villagers and I really, really wanted her in Hawthorn, so she gets a spot.

10) Tybalt

Even though I'm not generally a cat person, I freaking love tigers. In fact, they are my third favorite animal, next to dogs and wolves. I did consider having Bangle as a villager, which would have given me a peppy, but after giving Tybalt a try in my last town, he pretty much overtook her as my favorite tiger. I also thought about having them both, but again I wanted a bit more variety (and there was no way I was replacing any of my three doggos), so I just stuck with Tybalt. He's earned his place in Hawthorn.

Well, that's it for now. Looking forward to having all these villagers in Hawthorn and sharing all the wild shenanigans they get into with anyone who reads this blog.

This is Holly, signing off!

Back