Friendly Ghost Plush
Lost Star Fragment 002.AN
White Crescent Moon
Gourdy
Shadow Kitty Plush
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Red Star Fragment
Moon Ball
Am I the only one who feels this way? Because I've seen too much hate against Generation 5. First of all, they have a TON of pokemon... and a lot are great! Pokemon like oshawott, zorua and zoroark, zekrom, litwick, krookodile, and many more, yet they rip on the whole generation because of garbodor and vanilluxe (personally I love the ice cream pokemon.) Oh yea, Garbodor is ugly alright... BUT IT'S A FLIPPING POISON TYPE! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE UGLY! Another thing that was great was team plasma. It was a pretty good story, especially with N and his strong believes. Also I loved the theme of ideals vs truth.

Last edited:
Joltik/Galvantula are pretty much my favorite Pokemon, tied with Relicanth, so I love gen 5. And I've been playing since gen 1 first came out.

I hated the 5th generation so much I skipped the entire Pokemon Black and White game series. They have a few Pokemon I like, but man most of them are terrible. Trubbish came out of this generation... Trubbish!

I feel that way, yup. I was in the hater camp at first, but since replaying the games again, Gen 5's become my favourite.

I have seen a lot of hate against G5 (not as much as G6), but I never really understood why. The story of B/W was pretty amazing. B2/W2 dropped in story quality a bit, but all games in the 5th gen were rock solid.

All complaints about Pokemon designs are the same ones as have been around since G3. "They ran out of ideas", "Gen 1 was so much better", "these just look like Digimon", and so on. In that regard the haters might want to bring some originality to their complaints.

Iris's emolga, most annoying character in the black and white series. xDDD

Fixed tat for you. Oshawott was clearly better .u,

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hated the 5th generation so much I skipped the entire Pokemon Black and White game series. They have a few Pokemon I like, but man most of them are terrible. Trubbish came out of this generation... Trubbish!

Gen 1 has a pokeball and2 monz that evolve into the sae thing but stuck together...

Gen 5 was my first Pokemon main game so I hold it to my heart <3 AND DONT HATE ON TRUBBISH <3 TRUBBISHES NEED LOVE TOO

I feel like Gen 5 was two extremes..it had some amazing designs and some awful designs. A lot of people seem to ignore the amazing bugs, dragon, dark and psychic types of this Gen.. I do think some people are overrating it too tho, a lot of the designs seemed inspired by Gen 1 mons..like Kling family was the Magnemite line, we got another frog/toad line, Sawk and Troh were the new Hitmons, Timburr line was an bland version of the Machoke line, Munna line the Drowzee line and so on. I'm not saying they are all bad for that (Musharna is a fave), but it felt lazy. I know they had to make as many as possible since they wanted to have zero older mons in the region at first, but I think that came at the cost of creativity and originality. The region itself was fine, I wasn't crazy about it tho..still better than Sinnoh.

Gen 1 has a pokeball and2 monz that evolve into the sae thing but stuck together...

Are you talking about my sweet bae, Voltorb?

tumblr_nxqqp0rFPi1r7tm2fo1_500.gif
NOOOOOO!

Lmao no. Generation 5 may be short-lived, but there's so many people clinging to it. Besides, Pokemon Black and White introduced N, who's like, the most overrated Pokemon character ever. I don't like N, he seems a bit of a Gary Stu to me, and seeing NxHilda stuff sickens me.
The Pokemon introduced were underrated, I agree. But the characters and the game itself isn't underrated. People won't shut up about N, how "hot" Elesa, Skyla, and the Battle Subway guys are, and how "great" the story is. To be frank, I don't like how slow Generation 5 is with all that nonstop blabbering and how linear the games are. Generation 5 is the Final Fantasy XIII of Pokemon.

If there's a generation that's underrated, that's 4. Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver are the best Pokemon games, making its era as the Magnum Opus of Pokemon. Even Generation 4 got a rocky start with Diamond and Pearl, the games that followed (including spin-offs) were excellent. I admit that Cynthia is overrated, but hey, at least she's the first female champion and she's not forced in the game's story flow unlike N, Bianca, and Cheren.

Speaking of Bianca and Cheren, they are rivals, but they're just... there. Very annoying but they're flat. Barry's much better: better team of Pokemon than the two combined, better character development, and he doesn't pop up in every city you took a first step to.

Last edited:
Generation V is my favorite generation.

It was the first region where I could actually connect to wi-fi to trade with people, so that is a big contributing factor. But that aside, I like most of the designs. Even the unpopular ones like Trubbish, Garbodor, and the Vanillite line. Frankly, considering other things like Voltorb, Magneton, and Muk have existed since the beginning, it's just people complaining for complaining's sake. (Also, that's not to slight those designs, I personally love Muk and don't actively dislike any Pokemon designs from any generation.)

I don't really care about Cheren, Bianca, Hugh, or the story very much. I don't dislike it, just indifferent. But at least Generation V gave us the Battle Subway and Pokemon World Tournament. Actual postgame content! For as much as I enjoyed X & Y, there is nothing to do after the Looker missions.

HeartGold and SoulSilver are pretty great as well. Platinum runs very laggy and takes forever to save, so I don't enjoy it much. The Sinnoh region itself was fine. I'm not a fan of Hoenn, and unfortunately can't enjoy Kanto games anymore because the last one was before the Physical-Special split and I don't want to bother. X & Y are fine, but again, no post-game. Assuming the next installments have stuff to actually do after beating the game, they might become my favorites.

The characters were like the only good thing about Gen 5, even though N's just as overrated as Gary Oak, I still wanted to hug those pixels.

I feel like Gen 5 was two extremes..it had some amazing designs and some awful designs. A lot of people seem to ignore the amazing bugs, dragon, dark and psychic types of this Gen.. I do think some people are overrating it too tho, a lot of the designs seemed inspired by Gen 1 mons..like Kling family was the Magnemite line, we got another frog/toad line, Sawk and Troh were the new Hitmons, Timburr line was an bland version of the Machoke line, Munna line the Drowzee line and so on. I'm not saying they are all bad for that (Musharna is a fave), but it felt lazy. I know they had to make as many as possible since they wanted to have zero older mons in the region at first, but I think that came at the cost of creativity and originality. The region itself was fine, I wasn't crazy about it tho..still better than Sinnoh.

I thought 6 generation was pretty lazy, only 70 new pokemon plus I personally didn't like a lot of them. I thought they focused too much on mega evolutions which a lot of them had really weird designs.

I personally believe Mega Mons should be included as new Pok?mon, because there is the same amount of effort that goes into creating them as for the evos they made in Gen 4, some already have that "Mega" look like Rhyperior and Electivire. Also, I feel Gen 6 had some of the best designs overall, there are some lazy ones like Gogoat, purely because it's a grass type and feels like a bulkier Sawsbuck. But then you got some really strange and refreshing ones like Malamar, Trevenant, Barbaracle, Aromatisse and so on..they are all quite cool imo. But then again, I'm one of those people that think Gen 3 had some of the best designs overall and it's unpopular with its original mons.:blush:

I'll also say this to all the Trubbish haters. Trubbish > Klefki. I personally like them both though.

Yeah. I agree. When Gen V came out I hated it so much. It kind of felt like a Pokemon spin off meets digimon, and it just felt off. But the more I got used to it, the more I loved it. I don't care about the story, I never really cared about the story in Pokemon, but it has some great areas, and the addition of the seasons system was something I loved.

It's funny because I uesd to hate these games and Gen V pokemon, but now a lot of my favorite Pokemon are actually from the Unova region (and Johto, but w/e) inducing Scraggy, Emolga, Sandile, Snivy, Victini, Woobat, Keldeo, Axew, and prob 5234723 others I am forgetting.

The anime was really good too. Sure it had it's fair share of ****ty stuff, tho I think that was due to the cutting and subsequent unairing of the team plasma episodes early on that screwed over the whole series. Iris is probably my favorite "poke-girl" the anime has ever had, and definitely one of my favorite characters. I really liked it.

Gen 5 is the worst for me.
The only thing I liked about it was a few Pokes and a couple catchy tunes from the games.

Back