• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✿ Hinamikawa ✿ ひなみかわ ✿ Higurashi Themed Island ✿

Island/Town Name
Hinamikawa
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
This isn't really an update Just wanted to post art here of mine and @DaekemiS AC characters not being lesbians
nhkd.png
Ek4kXihUYAE4NgN.jpg

Kumi is now a bat girl 😄

Last edited:
Hihi~ Kumi again! :blush:

We recently opened the Resident Services Building, to celebrate we had a nice BBQ outside~
ElFViQBU0AIrZHU.jpg

ElFViPzUUAAqMwX.jpg
ElFcjuyVMAAp87Z.jpg

Since then I made a new flag for our island of Rena~

ElFViQQU8AAQNDy.jpg

Higurashi-release-schedule.jpg

However as you can see, a couple of days ago I came across a spirit (it was very pretty) they have now possessed me and turned me into a bat-girl.

Ek-Hr_dVMAALoHu.jpg
Ek-Hr_TUcAECSpW.jpg

Really loving the new look ^^

Another small update!

Finally unlocked terraforming, and it has been so much fun exploring what you can do with it, I have always loved designing towns and wished for being able to do stuff in a better way in new leaf rather than having to homebrew my whole 3DS to customise my towns how I wanted them.
El6tmuRU0AACudG.jpg

As you can see, my map now is starting to get to how I planned it to be - Yeah there are a few changes and the river isn't complete (doesn't help that I'm really struggling with deciding how I want it)
El6vsMGU0AAxH-m.jpg
HappyIslandDesigner_1602461794319 (1) (1).png

Map plan on the right to compare

As you can see, still need to move all the buildings around.

Put the Watanagashi river on the middle(?) layer because after re-watching the older anime, the river does seem to be down a ditch?
Idk, I also thought it looked pretty cool being a tunnel like thing.

The Furude shrine grounds have been massively extended because I didn't picture how small that plan would be in-game- but it does mean I'm gonna have to move the Sonozaki Grounds further south, which would then move Maebara's house- though honestly I'm considering scrapping the Idea of having a Keiichi , replace that house with mine, and then add Rena ..?

Also since watching the new anime, It's making me notice, Hinamizawa
is a farming village.
hinamikawaref2.PNG

Maybe I should just do the rivers like farm land style and have pumpkins / turnips everywhere ? Hmhm

Still really not sure what to do about the Dam Construction Site either tbh- the little bit on the second layer south of the Watanagashi Festival could be a nice place for it because then it would look like its in another ditch thing, like you can see in this:
767517715e12c2e76c9abee8d65051ac69900638.png

But it's such a weird triangle of land that I'm currently keeping my pumpkins in lol

Also just putting these here as a reference for the Watanagashi Stalls I still need to design
488074df681bbac219311bc5ca0b0736d293bb17.gifv
1200px-Bg_009 (1).png

Last edited:
Hi there! FVAHVAKH oml, I’m like four centuries late, but I just wanted to pop in and say I read and looked at everything from top to bottom and I really love the way your island is progressing! I also love the idea behind it and that it’s anime-related. Granted, horror is a genre I’m not too interested in in general, but I love seeing all of the detail and inspiration for parts of your island that you’re working on! It’s way more detailed and well thought-out than mine, that’s for sure, lol. Can’t wait to see it when it’s close to being or is finished! I know you’ll do great with it. 😤

Photo Update

Embva_uVMAA1C1D
happyislanddesigner_1602461794319-1-1-png.331443

Embva_WVcAIl_1d
20121125_151328.jpg
Embva_WVkAAWPZq

Tempory Shrine because someone was lazy and didn't check if it was a fake or not
Embva_PVMAAoNwF
Watanagashi_Festival.jpg

Still need torches and stuff - there is a bridge there too but its further along.
EmbxvBvVkAARJT6

Still haven't designed the stalls but I found a bingo machine(?) which is nice
EmbxvBuU8AAc6up

Beginnings of a bamboo forest area
EmbxvB1U4AEz47R

Beginnings of Okinomiya (might move candyfloss machine to the Watanagashi)
EmbxvCZU8AIJRUB

And some very awkwardly placed Rice Plantations,

was just testing out a design I found online, might use it for a lot of the lower part which is now going to be farmland.

I'm also now out of bells that I had stacked up when I was playing AC like 24/7 in the first week. But luckily now have all the fruits so at least hopping on and selling them every few days is good bells - and I guess turnips will be super easy too 😄

I'm just gonna add some slightly irrelevant rambling that I'll need to remember when I do get my own switch & restart from a new island.

Recently I've been getting into Umineko no Naku Koro ni Tsubasa (a side(?) anime/vn of higurashi) and it's literally set on an island :rolleyes: I feel a bit dumb for not just making that baha but oh well, I didn't know

So- that will probably be what my 2nd island is called Rokkenjima / 六軒島, , then I can transfer a lot of my Higurashi themed items over to it and probably set them up in a similar way. - I'm not even half way through the anime + planning on playing the VNs once I finish Higurashis, but there is also a Shrine on the Island (Starting to look like it is the exact same shrine in Higurashi) so could just re-do the Watanagashi festival part as well but then also mix in the victorian-esc style that Umineko has. There's also a forest + a hidden mansion and that'd be sooooo fun to do.
There is also a 3rd series that's part of the 07th Expansion called Rose Gun Days, and another series by the same author called Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni that I need to watch / read, so if they're any good, I'll probably try to add areas of them into my island too so it'll be one big 07th baby.

15/11/20 update!

So I fell a bit behind in watching the anime, so just binged the last 2 episodes yesterday and damn there's some nice shots of the shrine & other places that I could totally use!

Took some screenshots for reference:
BuTpOeo.png
6EuRipD.png

IAYpe96.png
xiTHVls.png

Qtc8bVf.png
Ms9nKaQ.png

lIKfVRD.png
E7sLdXw.png

Now updates of Hinamikawa:

This is the very wip of where the main part of the shrine is going to be, currently just placed the items pretty randomly, and gonna make quite a few more of the lion-dog stone things- still looking for more items.
Em2--6HVoAEJW9A

I have finally decided that this will be where the sacred storage building(? forgot what it's actually called) will be, the slope above leads to the Watanagashi festival, so like my original town plan, it will feel like your sneaking off to visit it. There is an item in the game that looks very similar and bugging me I can't find what it's called. Will probably chop down some of the bamboo to keep it to the edges but currently that's my only source of bamboo so no point until I get my hands on that item. I also plan on surrounding it with hedges similarly to when Shion and Keiichi were watching Takano and Tomitake before they broke in.
Em2--6JVQAIAQcI

I added a few more items to the Watanagashi festival and moved the candyfloss machine from Okonomiya. Still need to craft more stalls + actually make some designs for them but I'm too focused on making enough bells to move all the buildings around. As you can see in that mini-map in the other picture, I have made 0 progress moving anything because I only just made enough bridges / inclines to get everywhere without using a ladder / vaulting pole. I still need to add at least two more bridges so its not so awkward walking up the rivers to cross.
Em2_vXfVkAAJRar

This is just something funny Wolfgang said and it stuck with me haha
Em29-20VgAErtak

Doubt anyone is reading this far of my rambles but thanks if you are! Stay safe and stuff lmao​

Hello! Just popping in again to say I love the idea for the shrine, and it looks like it’s coming along nicely so far! Keep up the good work. :)

Moved Kumis house... Instant regret because thought it'd be cool to made the ditch/swamp thing..... Right where the only bridge to cross that part of the river is......
EnD8zXlVgAA8mYH.jpeg

Still like how it turned out tho, just I had to make a temp bridge and it looks bad. Anyway I'll move her house again when I get a bettee idea, it was only to make room for Mions house + the Sonozaki grounds.

I bought a whole load of items on Tbt for the shrine + Mions house. This isn't all of them but I've just dropped them randomly so they're not clogging up island space.
EnEh2qpUcAASdbv.jpeg
EnEh2q8UwAA_O-d.jpeg

As you can see, I was also blessed to have Genji move in (Randomly) and I moved his house to the shrine since it really fits! His interior is just perfect too.
Em6UspBVkAAJpTU.jpeg

Although I really need to move these houses, I've made a start on making some farm land. At the moment I've just dropped turnips there, but I plan to move my pumpkins too once I've made room. Also re-did the Rice plantations so theyre beneath the resident services. Still looks a bit awkward to me but ughhh was such a bad placing of the services.
Em8INQuVEAAxQBa.jpeg
Em8INQhVkAEaXHI.jpeg

(Accidently trapped Norma in the rice and it was funny to watch before I free'd her)

Made quite a lot of stalls for the Watanagashi (((still need to design them All oops)))
EnEgwPnVkAIuuOp.jpeg

Also just found I had a DIY for a Tiki tourch which is perfect for at the Watanagashi river
Em6jDkQVoAMpaOT.jpeg

While dropping items from a trade I accidently dropped one in leaf form onto a zen cushion? How funny.
EnD8dHYVEAAbetb.jpeg

And finally, a couple posts ago I mentioned my plans for when I'll have to restart. They've now added save transfers so I may not have to do that now^^
However once I've actually finished all the VNs I'll probably not be as into Higurashi as I am, and will want to probably redesign my island anyway. Obviously I'll keep some aspects- Like the shrine, but I'll probably move it and theme it a bit differently. Also very happy I can keep my museum collection.

Talking of, was taking a walk around it, made me really want to visit the botanical gardens in kew again :( Took a nice screenshot tho, I hadn't even realised this part of the Bugs existed haha
Em6UsotVkAAT9LF.jpeg

Now I will keep this SFW but reguarding Wolfgangs tissues in his room by his bed, I made a joke a few weeks ago back when he moved in. .... ...
Then he made this dialogue and I wanted to share it

One last thing, Wolfgang (oh no it seems like I'm obsessed with him, I'm not...) mentioned Coffee? Like really specifically. I know there was no mention of Brewster in the update trailor but hmmmmmmm

Attachments

• Em6i-SRUwAEQumP.jpeg
    Em6i-SRUwAEQumP.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Em6UsotVkAAT9LF.jpeg
    Em6UsotVkAAT9LF.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
This:
Em6i-SRUwAEQumP.jpeg

I think he may be one of my favourites now haha. I had him on LGTTC too and didn't think much of him but idk his adult energy with the jokes is really comforting..?

Last edited:

Happy Turkey day everyone~!

EnyTNCQUcAAApJ4
EnyTNCWVgAA8sWu

It's been a while since I updated here but I have been working on my island still- just I now began blogging about it on another site too!
-but I'm putting all my little random doodles + rambles and extra stuff here - the other one is manly just screen shots of the prettiest bits lol

I keep looking at the event on here to make / draw your prompt. .... mines Peanuts Tablecloth and ik that sounds very simple but I'm honestly struggling to come up with a creative idea for it haha.

Here's some screenshots on areas I've been working on.

En2FSGhVQAAgdY5
En2FSGLVkAA4aFY

En2KTbCVEAUYcUS
En2KTasUYAE2LzB
En2P2ShUwAEn7sj

En2P2SnUYAAZFNH
En2P2SsVkAA_lst

Accidently caught Julian blushing in Judys plot shot haha

Lowkey I keep seeing them hanging around together and headcanoning their ship like just lookkkkk aaaa

EndjytYVQAM3p6-

They're so cute together and probably my cutest villagers so far !
(excluding Rosie because I keep forgetting to scan her in oops... I'm so sorry my baby..)

I have plans to turn the Watanagashi market area into a Christmas Market area while it's winter!
Then I'll have a nice little place to put all the seasonal decorations too !

I'm not a fan of the anime myself or the horror genre in general anymore (I'm a coward), but I can respect how much time and dedication this will take; chances are I probably wouldn't even finish the plan if I ever tried something like this.
I can't wait to see how this will turn out knowing how much more flexible customisation and decorating is in NH!

I'm not a fan of the anime myself or the horror genre in general anymore (I'm a coward), but I can respect how much time and dedication this will take; chances are I probably wouldn't even finish the plan if I ever tried something like this.
I can't wait to see how this will turn out knowing how much more flexible customisation and decorating is in NH!
Bahahaha Thank you so much!
Honestly I don't think I'll ever exactly 'finish' my original plan, since I keep changing my plans and what I want to do with it but hopefully I'll get to a point that I'd be proud to have a dream address of!

Winter Market!

So yeah I never got to designing the Watanagashi stalls but I did design a Winter Market Stall that will fit the winter season better!

EpFQ0oFUUAEoHrX.jpeg

EpF8Nl5U8AAc31H.jpeg

EpGHZqGU0AAt3wB.jpeg

EpFRlb8U8AAx8Mw.jpeg

20201212_190520.jpg

I also met some new people and took part in a 'fashion contest' ((which of course I came last)) it was very fun, wholesome and a completly unexpected way to spend my time ❤❤

EpA49NTVgAELwM-.jpeg

Finally found a nice snow path border too which is now all over my town
EpD6vmrVoAIPT3Z.jpeg

The rice paddies also look very funny with the snow now.. ❄I am about to make a few ducks to keep as pets in them!

Also since I've moved most of the houses around now (((onto the void of the beach out of the way until I've planned out where to keep them))) I've made more progress on my farm
EpF8Nl7UUAA4cl2.jpeg

And I can't wait to get more wintery Xmas decor around my Island!
However... I suck at these snowboys.
Only have made 1 perfect one out of three.
Love them all tho, they all cuteee
EpGGzuOUYAI6_SC.jpeg

I forgot to add this too oops
EpJN_JDUwAArbOT.jpeg

Last edited:
I opened to let strangers come Into my island (to buy from Daisy) for the first time... I was really worried about greifing + bad stuff but so many people were so so kind and gave me Bells / NMT which I wasn't really expecting 🥺

Anyway, someone gifted me a large festive tree! And it now fits nicely in the market too
EpLUqnTUUAIo7lC.jpeg

... i've been/still am a little sick i can hardly focus and constantly feel exhausted, but i do wanna keep updating this blog so it doesnt become some project I forgot about.

the xmas market / pre watanagashi is almost done.
i just need to customise some of the stalls at the back which you cant see in this shot
Epfs0lkVEAIJ4t3

theres some cute little birbs on the rice paddies now and also a guard doge
Epfs0ltVQAM5WIN

..so the watanagashi river. I have no clue what to add to look like cotton but still have that magical spiritual feel. so there's lanterns drifting along the river. (on the right there's the Rena cover art)
Epfs0lYUUAAbFPx

and here's Rika
Epfs0lWVoAAOmLV

this wisp spirit made for a pretty nice screenshot
EpXvN8iUcAIsMrr

I finished Meakashi (higurashi chapter 5)
and i honestly am starting to hate how real their emotions feel. obviously not to the same dark extent as Mion but i somewhat can relate to Mions love for Satoshi after he died too well. i dont get why am i obsessed with anime/games like this when i need to fix my own trauma problems lmao this doesnt feel like coping anymore i feel worse --but hooked on the story so gotta finish

But good news to do with making it into an ac town, i the creators (? -maybe its a fan, im not sure) site which has a 'map'

http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Map00.htm

yeah its not a map, but good for some reference so I'll keep it here.

It's a stem from this site https://07th-expansion.net/hig_gensaku which I was looking into to find more info about the mobile game.
Still no luck for finding a translation or anything :c

I missed toy day ahdkshaskjaskj
and kinda had no motivation to really play ac at all TwT

I'll hop on for this new years event for sure tho (HAHAHHA I DIDNT 😭 )

Also just turned 19, had a great day yesterday. watched spirited away for the like 3948350 time but fell asleep part way through (totally didn't drink too much) so I kinda feel like I should re watch the bit i missed baha --would make for such a cute ac island concept like with the 'abandoned theme-park' / restaurant area, making the little japanese garden like areas would be fun too as well as the bathhouse itself --- but also the train 🥺

ok this is such an empty update w h e e z e ^ but maybe thats plans for a project once I finish my higurashi themed island. I'm near the end of chapter 6 and Rena is a vibe. Also been crying at how Keiichis character art is so ....attractive??? idk was unexpected or maybe i just have a thing for his type lmao.

Last edited:
Did I accidentally abandon this blog?
Yes

Did I accidentally leave my boyfriends switch at his house (which I was borrowing) and haven't been able to pick it up or even see him since?
Yes 😔

So what am I doing making another empty post?

-Well you see, I also abandoned watching higurashi Gou because I wanted to finish the VNs first, which I now have and now my bf and I are watching it together (online) -and d a m n is it good.

However
TAKANO??? I really did not expect that? (I must have forgotten it completely from the 1st anime) So I'm going to have to re do my planning somewhat, to include the Clinic. Like??? I know I remember Satoshi being held for treatment in her clinic but absolutely nothing about Takanos whole story or that she was even the 'mastermind'? I absolutely love her so much more knowing everything about her now.

But anyway yEaH I can't wait to see where they take Gou - we're on ep 13 and I'm properly hooked on the new twists. I know I took screenshots before- but there were some more really pretty scenes that I'll have to go back and snap to add here for more refrences.

A thing I noticed in higurashi was the rice paddies really match up to the pattern im using which is good, just I made too many gaps of water between them due to my lack of knowledge on how they actually look which is good thing to now know.

I've also been watching some ACNH town tours on youtube, and got some inspiration to make an outside school & Café (well make the cafe space I had bigger)

The onigafuchi guardians building was nice to actually have a physical look at, I think that will have to be the first room of Rika's house. Talking of, I massively need to expand the north 3rd layer of my map and move the Watanagashi Festival a lot closer- then perhaps have the museum in the top right of the map. Also the swamp is not mud - its water????? At least according to gou. So weird I pictured it to be a lot muddier Lmao

So list of things that will be changing to the island (When I next can play on it):
•Scrap Keiichis' house idea and move Kumis' to its plot.
•Extend the shrine grounds southwards.
•Add a Mahjong parlour next to Angel Mort.
•Expand Okinomiya to fit ^
•Add the Outdoor School.
•Add the Irie Clinic.
•Remove the current storage house area and add it in again but closer to the shrine once I have the item.
•Move the Watanagashi Festival and get rid of the Winter theme
•Probably also move the river more south and add some trees behind it so its not just an empty void.

I think (aside from failing at studying ) I'll spend some of today redesigning my maps plan to accommodate all this too.

aLSO HYPE (kind of) I didnt realise I was actually classified as at risk of covid bc my lungs have a few issues (CLD -similar to asthma) but I got a vaccine booked for 3 days time ahaha.. Is it bad to be excited?

Last edited:
aight so new map plan

HappyIslandDesigner_1615286688612.png

didn't spend long on it so yeA theres a floating tree by accident and all the paths are not to scale and a bit messty.
but its an outline of what I will do-

Changes:
- The Furude shrine & Watanagashi have been merged into one and brought forward
- Behind the Furude shrine is where there will be my fruit orchid
- The museum is now higher up and out of the way
- The Sonozaki grounds have been made smaller (f) but will probably have a wall going quite a bit more forward than the walls so not as small as that looks
-Keiichis/Kumis house has moved a bit
-The river between Keiichis/Kumis house and The Sonozaki grounds has been removed
-The Irie Clinic has been added on the path between hinamikawa & okinomiya , that path has also been altered to have villagers living on
-Villagers will now also live on the 3rd level within the fruit orchid
-The school/forestry building has been added below the watanagashi river
-The storage area of the shrine will now be on the shrine grounds too
-Watanagashi River is now shorter

Notes:
-Forgot how many villager plots there are so I just guessed, if too little can probably put some more up on the 3rd layer.
-unsure where the dump/dam construction should be ???

ALSO JUST SAW SANRIO CHARACTERS ARE BEING ADDED AS MORE THAN JUST POSTERS AND AM SUPER HYPED
-and might be picking up the switch today so I might be able to reboot my poster shop and make a sanrio one aa hypeee

Last edited:
Back