• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

3DS XL or 3DS?

I've got a 3DS XL in blue :)

I got it as a present for graduating school. I love the huge screens, even my normal DS games are more fun on it!

I got the Aqua Blue 3DS at launch sooo...no big screens for me. Though personally I think the screen is big enough as it is right now.

Regular Metallic Red, I really want an XL though, because my hands are too big to hold the regular one comfortably.

honestly the xl is nicer and sleeker but the normal 3ds is sturdier i think
the back cover of the xl literally can pop off it's barely screwed in... and it's kind of hollow idk

I have the Flame Red 3DS, not Metallic. While it's a bit too small for my hands I've used it since the day I got it.

I have the XL AC edition :3
Always fancied a 3DS but the games didn't tempt me til AC:NL came out, and I had a decent amount of money saved from the year so I went ahead and treated myself :blush:
It felt a bit strange after only have a DSLite for so long, but I got used to it quickly.

I've got a blue 3DS XL. The larger screens are lovely, the size and rounded-off corners make it pretty comfortable to hold, and I prefer the matte finish over the regular one's gloss.

Well, I'm getting a midnight purple XL for my birthday, and my mother says the first games can be X and Y + Animal Crossing: New Leaf..

I have the Fire Emblem Awakening Bundle 3DS. It's shiny blue and has the two dragons carved into it like art.

I have both, I love my 3DS XL, but I love my 3DS more. It's just more portable and the 3DS XL needs more pixels, it just feels stretched. xc

I have both too. A purple 3DS and the limited edition AC XL. I love both of them. My favorite is my XL for the larger screen and the stylus was relocated on the right side of the XL. I hate the stylus being in the back of the 3DS because it is so weird to pull it out from the back. :)

I got an XL at the recommendation of a friend who said his hands were too large for his normal 3DS. I really don't regret it. My normal DS lite seems so tiny now.

I have a normal black 3DS, the 3DS XL looks too weird. If the 3DS XL looked like the 3DS I would buy one immediately.

Zelda 3DS and Pikachu XL. Kept my old one for StreetPass farming. Lent/gave my launch 3DS to my little bro.

Back