3DS XL or 3DS?

3DS XL red i didn't like the green light on the 3ds

I was originally torn between getting a 3DS and a 3DS XL, and I eventually chose the XL. Completely satisfied with my purchase. It's comfortable to hold, the larger screens are absolutely fantastic (and much better in 3D than the original!), and it's an overall good system. I can barely even notice the stretching of the pixels, and it still is portable to an extent. But there are some things that are different about it compared to the original, so if anything about the other system makes you want to buy it instead, go for it. Either system I think is a good choice.

I have a normal black 3DS, the 3DS XL looks too weird. If the 3DS XL looked like the 3DS I would buy one immediately.

It only might look weird to you because it's bigger. That's why it's called the XL.

i have both of them because they are special edition. I like the XL better because of the bigger screen and better battery.

I've had my 3DS for 2 years and I feel like I might want an XL... But I'm not sure how much longer I'll be playing games... I got the 3DS to play Animal Crossing and if I'm already a little bored I don't want to buy a new one to just sit around... I'll consider it if they do a price drop like they did with the 3DS. (Or come out with cool new games..)

I have both systems, the pink 3ds and the AC:LE 3DS XL. I fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffin' love my XL and barely ever pick up my 3DS. I never thought there'd be so much difference between the systems. I was also in the boat of "ooooh I have a 3ds but the pretty XL is coming out is it worth it blablabla". Never have I regretted upgrading. Better visuals, better light, better screen, better ergonomics, and best of all way better battery life. Another 2+ hours guaranteed no matter your settings.

I have the Pink 3DS XL. Love the longer battery life and comfort while playing!

I'll probably get a Xerneas and Yveltal XL that was show in a Japanese X and Y commercial if it launches in NA. If it doesn't, I'll buy a pink and white XL. Had my regular red 3DS for nearly 2 years, I need an upgrade.

I've got the Pink/White 3DS XL. I originally wanted the special AC 3DS XL, but it was sold out everywhere.

Frankly, New Leaf is the only reason that I rushed to get a 3DS anyways. That and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning were the only incentives I had to buy one at all.

Last edited:
I've got a black 3DS and I feel like the XL would be too big. The AC and Pokemon X/Y XLs look nice, though.

I have a normal pink 3DS at the moment but I am trading it in at work soon for a pink/white 3DS XL! I'm so excited! My manager just got a red XL and says it helps alot with games like KH DDD and Starfox and such! :D

Back