• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Selling 3DS/3DS XL NA System Registration Codes

Nerd House

Content Creator
Bells
Switch
5177-1958-9486
New Horizons Token
Purple Violet
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
Feedback
94.5% (65) +
Redoing this entire post to clarifying things, since people are confused.

ABOUT REGISTRATION CODES
These are the codes found on the back of the 2DS, 3DS, or 3DS XL System, on the barcode. 3DS codes begin with CW, while 3DS XL codes begin with SW.

ABOUT PIN CODES
PIN codes are found on a small slip of paper inside the packaging of every game. Systems also have PIN codes, but they are not to be confused with registration codes. PIN codes are used on your Club Nintendo account to accrue coins, which can be used to purchase rewards.

NINTENDO PROMOTIONS
In the past Nintendo has run many different promotions, utilizing Registration and PIN codes.

For the month of March in 2014, if you registered a qualifying system (2DS/3DS/3DS XL) and 1 of 6 qualifying games (Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, or Yoshi's New Island), you would receive a download code for Pokemon X or Y (your choice).

Right now, through July 31st, they are running a Mario Kart 8 Promotion. If you register a Mario Kart 8 PIN code, you can choose 1 free Wii U game (Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, or Wii Party U).

NOW THEN. That should clear everything up.

I currently have 8 North Amercian 3DS registration codes for sale. I am asking 1000 TBT for each. This is an investment purchase, which will save you from having to buy a new system for future similar promos as listed above. This means SAVING THE CODE UNTIL A PROMOTION IS RUN. If you redeem it on your Club Nintendo account now, you will only get coins.

Now then, If you are interested in a code, please PM me.

*All sales are final. You were provided with all the necessary information to make an informed buying decision (EVEN BEFORE I EDITED THE POST TO SPELL IT OUT, LETTER BY LETTER). Please think before buying a code to prevent Buyer's Regret.
*Limit 2 codes per customer.
*Offer good while supplies last.

Last edited:

Nothing confirmed yet, but I imagine they could do one with the Smash Bros Release or with the Hoenn Remakes.

They did it it Pokemon X/Y, and they did a similar promotion for Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U. Smash Bros is another of their larger series, we can probably expect the same from it as well.

I have 8-9 codes. May have more in the future.

Last edited:
you can register multiple systems? i registed my 3ds a couple of months ago. also, i'm not sure what you mean when you say they can be used for future promotions...do you mean that we shouldn't register them now?

also, this is for club nintendo correct?

so many questions lol

you can register multiple systems? i registered my 3ds a couple of months ago. also, i'm not sure what you mean when you say they can be used for future promotions...do you mean that we shouldn't register them now?

also, this is for club nintendo correct?

so many questions lol

They are registration codes, not PIN codes. Yes, you can register multiplle systems. I have 2 3DS and 1 3DS XL registered.And yes, they can be used in future promos. Like explained in the OP, they are the codes used in the Pokemon X/Y Promo. Meaning that, yes, you should save them. In that Promo, when you registered a qualifying system and a qualifying game, you got a download code for Pokemon X/Y for free. These are the system codes that can be used in this manner if Nintendo does another similar promo, and the chances are very high that they will do so, with 2 of their largest-name series having new games released soon (Super Smash Bros and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby).

it says u can't enter the promos without pins, lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

can i have my bells back please xD

Last edited:
it says u can enter the promos without pins, lol

They aren't PINs.
They are registration codes. They are 2 different things.

Systems require the registration codes (found on the back of the system itself on the barcode) for the promos, games require the PINs (fond on a small slip insert inside the game's case).

When I registered my 3DS's PIN during the Pokemon X/Y promo, I never got my code. I called Nintendo support and they said I needed to register the code on the barcode to qualify for the free download code.

Maybe I should wait for another promotion to do this, then you guys will see.

Or I can just keep them and get several of the promo game codes and sell those.

I had to use my serial to get my Pokemon Y download code, not the PIN. Using the PIN did nothing for me.

Last edited:
no, i know what im saying, those only exten your warranty, anyways, can i have my bells back please? Thanks

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, i got this from the last promotion faq

The 2DS, 3DS or 3DS XL pin is not the same as the serial code on the bottom of the system, you will need the Club Nintendo Pin. The Serial number is only good for extending your warranty on the device for another 3 months and linking your system to your account. Your system's Club Nintendo pin comes on a slip of paper found in the plastic bag which contained the system's operations manual and AR cards.

The Club Nintendo pin for a physical game comes on a sheet of paper which comes in the game box, normally tucked away behind the manual.

Back