• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

2019 Music Suggestions [MASTERPOST WIP]

Cwynne

gay
Bells
Switch
4795-8769-8081
New Horizons Token
Tasty Cake
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Ruby
Cherry (Fruit)
Lobo
Spring Shamrock
Ay so this is basically a thread where I'm gonna list some bands/artists I recommend for really anyone who's looking for something to listen to or a new band to get into. This is gonna be sorta masterpost-y in that I'm gonna group them by genre/style/etc so if there's a particular thing you're looking for you can check out that tab. This is by no means a full list of all the music I like, just some notable suggestions. Also it's like one in the morning as of posting this so I apologize for any inconsistencies or typos :p

So yeah I guess that's that, and without further ado here is my work-in-progress list of 2019 music suggestions :)

Disclaimers:
-Some of these artists may only be available on Spotify as that is the streaming service I use
-Many of these artists may fit well in multiple categories, I tried my best to place them in the category that seemed most accurate

Asterisked bands/artists = highly recommended

-City Girl
-Essence
-*GameChops (they make game-specific ambient/background music; notable albums include Zelda & Chill, Animal Crossing: KK and Friends, Undertale Remixed and Year of the Yoshi)
-Hakaisu
-In Love With a Ghost (probably my favorite out of this category [next to GameChops], "Flowers (ft. Nori)" is a good song to start with)
-Madeon (a bit more techopop-ish but still fits in this category in my opinion)
-Mt. Marcy
-Peachy!
-Smuv
-tiffi
-Amber Run (?5am? is a good song to start with)
-Aquilo
-*Bon Iver (the self-titled album is my personal favorite as well as a good place to start in my opinion)
-The Cinematic Orchestra (?To Build a Home? is a gorgeous song)
-Jai Wolf ("Starlight" is a good song to start with)
-J?nsi
-Lord Huron ("The Night We Met" is a good song to start with)
-RY X (the Berlin EP from 2013 is a personal favorite of mine)
-*Sleeping at Last
-A Day to Remember
-*Arctic Monkeys (AM is a particularly good album to start with)
-Blink-182
-*Bring Me The Horizon (Sempiternal is my personal favorite album but That?s The Spirit may be a better one to start with)
-Escape the Fate (Dying is Your Latest Fashion is a good album to start with)
-Foo Fighters
-*grandson (notable songs include ?Thoughts & Prayers?, ?Best Friends?, and ?Overdose?)
-*Green Day
-Nirvana
-Pierce the Veil
-*Sleeping With Sirens (Madness and Let?s Cheers to This are good albums to start with)
-*Weezer
-All Time Low
-Fall Out Boy
-*The Killers (Hot Fuss is a good album to start with)
-*The Maine (strongly recommend Lovely Little Lonely as well as American Candy)
-*The Neighbourhood (one of my favorites, notable songs include "Alleyways" and "Everybody?s Watching Me (Uh Oh)")
-Panic! at the Disco (Vices and Virtues is a personal favorite album)
-Set it Off
-Twenty One Pilots
-The 1975
-AJR (notable songs include "Netflix Trip" if you like The Office and "Sober Up" which features Rivers Cuomo if you like Weezer)
-Bear Hands
-Billie Eilish (notable songs include "Bellyache" and "Party Favor"
-*COIN (notable songs include "Talk Too Much" and "Boyfriend")
-*Foster the People
-Grouplove
-Hozier (notable songs include "Foreigner?s God" and "From Eden")
-Marianas Trench (Ever After is my personal favorite album as well as a good place to start)
-Matt Maeson
-Melanie Martinez (please don"t @ me about the controversy)
-Neon Trees (notable songs include "Sins of My Youth" and "In the Next Room", both Picture Show and Habits are good albums to start with)
-New Politics
-*Night Riots (notable songs include "Contagious" and "Follow You")
-*OK Go
-The Wombats

**Things I will try to come back and add as this is most definitely a WIP**
-notes about the style/sound of each individual band/artist
-more artists
-more categories

NOTE: I'm also open to the idea of making personalized playlists, hit me up if you're interested and if enough people are I'll open a thread and start doing that :)

Also, if anyone has suggestions for better categorization (i.e. move a band to a different category, a better name for a category, a separate category altogether) please let me know!!

Last edited:
Some artists I recommend, mainly alt-pop:

- Bleachers
- Allie X
- Janelle Monae
- Kacey Musgraves
- Mitski
- Rina Sawayama
- Kim Petras
- Lizzo
- Hayley Kiyoko
- King Princess