• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

2 A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Boy

Zelda Informer Podcaster
Bells
Dusty Scroll
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
ど
う
森
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Reading cause I'm up, and I thought, "why are we all asses?" answer me this. We seem to overreact to a lot of things. We do flame/fight opposed to popular belief. It doesn't make sense. I'm not trying to go all peace, love, and dope on you guys, it's just that when we act like asses, we condemn the very thing we are doing ourselves! We're hypocrites in that sense. I understand getting hot-headed during an arguement, but we seem to be hot headed moreso than usual.

Just a thought. Comments? And I swear, you turn this into a flame war, it will be locked.

Hey look, half the reason why I barely bother to frequent TBT anymore, with the other half being useless spam. (90% of the time I spend on TBT now is collecting interest on my ABD which I'm not sure why I do...)

I can't answer your question, though I can simply agree.
People do seem innately judgemental to others actions while not bothering to look at their own.

Well I'm off to ponder how sleep feels and lay bored and deprived of dreams... :|

Don't leave! I'm all alone!

Erhem, and yes, i've tried stopping coming on, but everytime I do, activity kicks back up again.

The next activity that'll pop me back on is AC4. =S

Hey, look over there, no there, you'll have to squint your eyes to see it... *runs*

I know, it's so frustrating that some people just can't be nice. Hell, sometimes I can even be a bit rude, even though I'm one of the nicest people you'd ever meet in real life. While some members are just plain rude and just don't give a damn about other people because this is the internet, there are other people who I know aren't mean people, but the heat of the moment can sometimes make them act in ways they wouldn't normally act. It's weird. The internet can be a cruel place.

Hmm, pretty true.

You think acting jerkish is more common now than before though? I always felt it was the same.

We've probably gotten harsher, but I don't think anything has really changed at all. Still the same.

Wow, i'm gone for 6 months and now it's like void of everything i used to come here for.
n66189479111889393757.jpg

Thats what i feel like now.

I don't honestly know, I guess it's our (or mine personally) personalities. I just like seeing people's reaction to certain answers, not to make them angry, but as stated for their reaction. Now sometimes I like them getting angry, but that's only if it's someone I don't really enjoy (surprisingly not much).

I think you're just not used to people not always being in complacent agreement.

Mino said:
I think you're just not used to people not always being in complacent agreement.
People don't have to always be in agreement for them to not argue or be rude to each other, you know. I have some friends that many conflicting ideas with me, but we don't let that get in the way of our friendship.

Gnome said:
I don't honestly know, I guess it's our (or mine personally) personalities. I just like seeing people's reaction to certain answers, not to make them angry, but as stated for their reaction. Now sometimes I like them getting angry, but that's only if it's someone I don't really enjoy (surprisingly not much).
._. I hope you're not thinking that I'm 1 of those people... :/ *backs away*

Tyeforce said:
'04 Nostalgia said:
Arguing is fun.
But not when it goes borderline of becoming flaming.
I really, really look forward to the day when that word falls out of favor here. It's practically meaningless already. Flaming is outright insulting other people, it's completely removed from arguing. It severely pisses me off the way I am quite often accused of flaming when all I'm doing is arguing a point. You won't hear people throwing around accusations of flaming and victimization in a mature forum, as when someone resorts to ad hominem attacks its the equivalent of losing the argument.

So please, as you are not 13 years old anymore, stop using "flaming" as a catchall term to avoid defending your views.

No one is really that mean on here in real life. They're all just a bunch of babies behind screens making others feel bad because they have their own problems, and that's mostly the truth, not the whole truth, but mostly. Don't take anything personally on the internet. Especially when someone five years younger than you calls you a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back