• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

2 A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Kaleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeptryyou do.
Yup. Though I think he means that, since he lives in a world where other ideas are being pushed on him, he has decided to just not regard their concerns.
Then that's his problem for judging other people before he even knows them. Some people may try to push their beliefs on you, but certainly not everyone. And if he hates people who do that so much, then he's being a bit of a hypocrite, because he's tried to push his believes on others, too.
You're getting telling him he's wrong for pushing beliefs on others, but that's exactly what you're doing now.
Exactly what beliefs am I pushing on others?

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Kaleb said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeptryyou
Then that's his problem for judging other people before he even knows them. Some people may try to push their beliefs on you, but certainly not everyone. And if he hates people who do that so much, then he's being a bit of a hypocrite, because he's tried to push his believes on others, too.
You're getting telling him he's wrong for pushing beliefs on others, but that's exactly what you're doing now.
The belief that Mino is pushing his beliefs on you, that he's a hypocrite, and he hates people who push their beliefs on others.

Kaleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
The belief that Mino is pushing his beliefs on you, that he's a hypocrite, and he hates people who push their beliefs on others.
>_>

I'm talking about religion. By the way you're taking it, everyone would be pushing their beliefs on other people just by having a normal conversation with each other.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Kaleb said:
Telling him how he should act because you happen to not agree with it.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Telling him how he should act because you happen to not agree with it.
Read my previous post. >_>

Tyeforce said:
Kaleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
>_>

I'm talking about religion. By the way you're taking it, everyone would be pushing their beliefs on other people just by having a normal conversation with each other.
Or would it? :r

Tyeforce said:
Mino said:
Tyeforce said:
Mino said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You could at least, you know, try to be kind and friendly, rather than just flat out not caring.
I've developed a disregard for people's comfortable sensibilities long ago. It comes with being an atheist in a culture where religion is pervasive and expected.
Atheism has nothing to do with being kind and friendly. I have friends who are atheists, and they're some of the nicest people I know. Your religion doesn't determine your personality, you do.
You're quite proficient at making straw men. I never said that atheism makes my personality what it is, nor that it does for others. I also don't have a religion. What I actually did say is that because I'm an atheist in a society filled with people who've never critically looked at religion, I have little patience for others who refuse to critically look at their own views. I'm also impatient when stating one's views, however different from others' is considered rude.

Mino said:
Tyeforce said:
Mino said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeptry to be kind and friendly, rather than just flat out not caring.
I've developed a disregard for people's comfortable sensibilities long ago. It comes with being an atheist in a culture where religion is pervasive and expected.
Atheism has nothing to do with being kind and friendly. I have friends who are atheists, and they're some of the nicest people I know. Your religion doesn't determine your personality, you do.
You're quite proficient at making straw men. I never said that atheism makes my personality what it is, nor that it does for others. I also don't have a religion. What I actually did say is that because I'm an atheist in a society filled with people who've never critically looked at religion, I have little patience for others who refuse to critically look at their own views. I'm also impatient when stating one's views, however different from others' is considered rude.
Okay, I'm not the greatest debater in the world, I know that. But I don't care how logical and fallacy-free your debating skills may be, there's still no call to be mean. Basically, you're saying that you're impatient with everyone for how some people act. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I know how you feel when it comes to people with ignorant beliefs. In fact, I probably know it much better than you do, considering the fact that I'm gay and I have to deal with a society that, for the most part, cannot respect me for who I am and believes that my being gay is a "sin". But I'm not mean to those people. I try not to be mean to anyone. And if I ever am mean, it's because I'm stressed out and I'm not thinking straight. There is no reason to be mean to anyone at all. Being mean doesn't help anything, it can only make things worse. I know you have a nice side, Mino, as you've shown it to me before. You're very capable of being a nice guy, but often times you instead choose to get on people's bad sides. I know you feel strongly for your beliefs, but that doesn't mean you should tell people flat out that "there is no God", or any of the other things that you like to state as if it was an undeniable fact, when it's not. You may not intend to sound like you're claiming facts, but your words speak for themselves. I'd have no problem with you if you only showed your nice side, and not your ruder, seemingly ignorant of other people's opinions and feelings side.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Read my previous post. >_>
I don't see how that changes anything in the context of this conversation.
Because it's not religion we're talking about? >_>
No, but we were talking about my alleged rudeness, so I told you what what you call my rudeness actually is and where it comes from.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
I don't see how that changes anything in the context of this conversation.
You're confusing me man.
Tyeforce said:
Kaleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
>_>

Kaleb said:
I'm tired of arguments, disagreement, and debates...
Just gonna go find another world now.
I'm just as sick of them. If there wasn't so much hate in them, then I wouldn't mind them at all. But that's just not the case here. It stresses me out to no end. I don't know why I keep coming back for more. I really need to stop. >_>

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
You're confusing me man.
Tyeforce said:
Kaleb said:
Tyeforce said:
>_>

You're still pushing beliefs on him though, religious or not.

Tyeforce said:
Kaleb said:
I'm tired of arguments, disagreement, and debates...
Just gonna go find another world now.
I'm just as sick of them. If there wasn't so much hate in them, then I wouldn't mind them at all. But that's just not the case here. It stresses me out to no end. I don't know why I keep coming back for more. I really need to stop. >_>
Wonder where the next closest habitable planet is...maybe those aliens aren't so detrimental to each other. And by each other I mean everyone, not poking fingers at anyone. I mean all of us. Screw us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back