• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asexual. AKA people with no sexual orientation

Actually I believe it people who don't feel sexual desires.

As someone who ids as part of the Ace Spectrum (Demi) Asexuality is when you do not feel sexual attraction, so an ace can still have a sex drive and all that, a grey-ace is someone who occasionally/randomly feels sexual attraction and a demisexual (Me!) can only feel sexual attraction once a bond (romantic, platonic, whatever) is formed. There is also the Aromantic spectrum where you would just replace sexual attraction with romantic attraction.

sexual attraction, drive and libido are all different things, and those on the ace spectrum might feel varying levels of them. as a gray-asexual, the very idea of such relations only appeals to me if a close bond is already established, my partner wants it and im not sex-repulsed of them (which would be the case with cis men)

orientation can be a complex concept for some people, which might confuse those with more straight forward and socially accepted feelings.

so basically ur bisexual

That's not 100% correct.
Not sure where bisexual came from.

I suppose I should have clarified in that post, since bisexuality doesn't necessarily have anything to do with either of those things.

It's an interesting combination because someone who's demisexual will only feel attracted to people who they have a strong relationship with, but as an aromantic, I don't really feel romantic attraction. I do find both men and women attractive, admittedly, but I don't see how I'd be limited to that by virtue of being a demisexual, aromantic person.

I'm confused about demisexuality. From some reading I've done it sounds more like it just someone with standards. I know that for me personally, I'm not sexually attracted to random people I see so is that the same thing, or is that different?

That's not 100% correct.
Not sure where bisexual came from.

I suppose I should have clarified in that post, since bisexuality doesn't necessarily have anything to do with either of those things.

It's an interesting combination because someone who's demisexual will only feel attracted to people who they have a strong relationship with, but as an aromantic, I don't really feel romantic attraction. I do find both men and women attractive, admittedly, but I don't see how I'd be limited to that by virtue of being a demisexual, aromantic person.

I don't see where he got bisexual from.

From the looks of it, you seem asexual more than anything. If you only feel sexual attraction to people you're romantically into, but don't feel romantic attraction, that just seems asexual to me. I'm sure I'm wrong on this but that's just what it looks like.

sexual attraction, drive and libido are all different things, and those on the ace spectrum might feel varying levels of them. as a gray-asexual, the very idea of such relations only appeals to me if a close bond is already established, my partner wants it and im not sex-repulsed of them (which would be the case with cis men)

orientation can be a complex concept for some people, which might confuse those with more straight forward and socially accepted feelings.

I kind of figured you wouldn't be into cis men since you described yourself as a lesbian in a previous post.

I'm confused about demisexuality. From some reading I've done it sounds more like it just someone with standards. I know that for me personally, I'm not sexually attracted to random people I see so is that the same thing, or is that different?

Kinda agree

Last edited:
I'm just gonna post these links for people who are confused about demisexuality:
http://www.demigray.org
http://www.demisexuality.org/whatisdemisexuality.html
http://www.asexualityarchive.com/under-the-ace-umbrella/
http://confessionsofademisexual.tumblr.com

Demisexuality is about attraction, not action. It doesn?t mean that people are picky about their sexual partners. It doesn?t mean that they?re ?saving themselves for the right person?. When someone says that they?re demi, they mean that they can?t experience sexual attraction unless they?re close to someone. They?re not choosing to repress sexual feelings for others because they don?t have anything to repress.

I know most people won't even bother reading these and will still call Demis "special snowflakes", but tbh I don't really care anymore, there is a large community of people out there who feel the same way as I do and that I can share my feelings with.

it seems more of a description than a sexual orientation to me. I mean, I'm never sexually attracted to anyone until i get to know someone (and i've only ever been attracted to one person) but i wouldn't say thats my sexuality..

each to their own though, of course.

Last edited:
I don't see where he got bisexual from.

From the looks of it, you seem asexual more than anything. If you only feel sexual attraction to people you're romantically into, but don't feel romantic attraction, that just seems asexual to me. I'm sure I'm wrong on this but that's just what it looks like.

To be honest, I have wondered if I'm asexual before, but considering I lean more towards the "willing" side for a friend with benefits, I don't think I am.

I do think having standards and being demisexual are a bit different. Standards are more in the line of having the possibility to be attracted to someone, but not necessarily acting on it because of one's own personal choices, views, etc, whereas demisexuality is more akin to being physically incapable of being attracted to strangers that way, even if they do meet standards that we would consider as qualifying (like if I thought someone was objectively very attractive for example).

Moreover, I don't need to be close to someone in a romantic way to be attracted to them. Very close friendships work for me too. Being aromantic really limits who I'm attracted to, though, so I wouldn't say it's entirely wrong to assume that. This weird combination of mine basically has me functioning as an asexual person, but if a certain friend lived closer, it would probably be a different story.

Last edited:
Yeah yo tell your brother. Then you two can collaborate and figure out when a best time to tell your folks would be. If you think your brother wont believe you, then wait a while. Like? A good while. Had you planned on coming out soon?
I did. I wanted to come out before high school, because I start next year and I wanted high school to be like a fresh start. I think they might think I'm gay because of stereotypes(which is not at all how I want them to know). (also sorry for the late response)

Hey guys. I know it's hard for someone like me to say this but for the first time in my life I'm actually questioning my sexual orientation... Any advice?

Hey guys. I know it's hard for someone like me to say this but for the first time in my life I'm actually questioning my sexual orientation... Any advice?
ask your girlfriend for help

It may be a little awkward to do, but explain how you have come to this point, what exactly has led you to question?

It may be a little awkward to do, but explain how you have come to this point, what exactly has led you to question?

Umm.. Not 100% sure I'm comfortable sharing this on here... But I have a lot of male friends and we always joke around just like poking at each other and stuff. Nothing gay or anything, but it was different this time.

Umm.. Not 100% sure I'm comfortable sharing this on here... But I have a lot of male friends and we always joke around just like poking at each other and stuff. Nothing gay or anything, but it was different this time.

take time to understand what youre feeling. think 'ok would i be interested in this way for a person like this or of that gender or of that anything'
it can take a while, so dont worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back