• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why do you play ACNL?

My first AC game was WW so when I discovered NL I had to get it! it's very relaxing and helps to cope with stuff c:

This game is my happy place. I play other games, but I still make time for New Leaf because it's relaxing, full of cuteness, the music is calming (I even turn off the music on other games and load up the acnl soundtrack lol) and I've been playing it for so long now that it's full of memories. Plus I feel like my towns are so pretty (though not complete) that I could never let them go to waste.

This game is my happy place. I play other games, but I still make time for New Leaf because it's relaxing, full of cuteness, the music is calming (I even turn off the music on other games and load up the acnl soundtrack lol) and I've been playing it for so long now that it's full of memories. Plus I feel like my towns are so pretty (though not complete) that I could never let them go to waste.

This
Such a wonderful game

I've been playing animal crossing since the gamecube, it's one of my favorite series. Like most others, I have anxiety and feel like I'm a crappy person/sibling/child and no one can depend on me to do the simplest tasks. But in new leaf I'm the freaking mayor haha. It's really fun to do things for others and have them ( even though theyre not real) be super happy about it. It's also just a nice, relaxing game. Pretty much, I love everything about it haha.

I can't really remember what called me to acnl but it could be the animals, the walking on two legs, talking, clothed sligthtly animals that all seemed really sweet. The collecting furniture, fossils, day tasks adding to me liking it alot more. And since it doesnt have a time limit on things really got to me cause that what makes the game interesting.

i started playing originally because i saw it on tumblr! from other peoples' screenshots i thought the game looked really cute, so i impulse bought it in like 2015 lmao. it's my first animal crossing game :D
like others have said, it helps with my depression - it's relaxing, there's no pressure to meet specific goals and i like seeing my town develop over time ^^

I’m in good company I can see from what other people wrote! I have anxiety and this game makes me feel happy. The town is a cute little paradise where no one is rushing you to do things. Everyone is happy and friendly. I love smiling villagers that greet you everyday and make you feel welcomed. Also this game makes think of the beauty of small things: picking up a fruit from a tree, taking long walks in the nature...the sound of the ocean, the pretty flowers. Those things that are great in real life too, but sometimes we forget about them

i always feel unmotivated and useless sometimes and all my villagers somehow seem to put a smile on my face. the music is calming, there's no goals or anything to pressure you, i love it!

A friend of mine got me into the game and I enjoy the slow paced nature of it. I can play as much or as little as I want! Something nice to look forward to each week/day I play it.

I play for the decorating possibilities, both the land and house interiors. I also love catching/collecting the different things for my encyclopedia/museum. I don't particularly play it because it's relaxing, since creativity always has some stress for me, but it is a nice break from action or story-intense games.

Back