How often do you upgrade your phone?

Never. I've only ever had three smartphones and about two flip phones in all my life. I guess I did get my first phone in Year 7, and I did graduate Year 12 last year, so I do suppose that that isn't a long time. But still.

About every 3-4 years? I still have my first phone and it's been randomly shutting down on me which is pretty annoying. I'd like to get a new phone next year or in the next 6 months.

I’d say about every 2 years. I don’t do it every year because it’s too hard to transfer data and stuff from my old phone to my new phone.

I've only had one smartphone that I got for Christmas in 2016 and I still haven't upgraded it LOL.

When it breaks.

I'm not one to spend every waking moment on my phone, I only really use it to call people (surprisingly) and read manga on the bus. It's not like there's any worth to upgrading it unless I NEED to.

are we talking about physical phones or operating systems
i update my ios as soon as i can but this is only the second phone i've ever had. i got this phone after having my last one for three years, and i've had my current one for about the same time. i'll probably ask for a new phone before college, let's see what sorta nonsense apple's whipped up by then

I've gotten a new phone every 2 years or so since I got my first phone ever. Though they've all been hand-me-down used phones; the one I just got is an S7 and it was brand new when I got it so I'm thinking I'll have it for quite a long time before I get a different phone.

As for OS.... I only update it when it's absolutely 100% required. In other words, I never update my OS. My iPhone 4S still has iOS 8.1 on it xDD

Last edited:
once a year just about when my contract says I can and once the one prior is paid off.

I only buy a new one when my old one dies.

However, since all my friends and family members constantly (at least every two years, some even more often) upgrade their phones, I often wind up with somebody’s “old” phone - even if it’s just a few months old :B Needless to say, I never had to buy a new one - and still have a model that was released last year. It’s crazy and a bit scary, really.

I've had two phones so far. The first one I replaced once the 2 year contract was up because the battery was basically dead. The second one I've had for 1.5 years and it still works really well, so I don't plan on replacing it right when the contract ends.

Hard to say, my first phone got stolen back in middle school. I got a second but never really used it as well, only to get called by my mother and such. I finally started to really use my third which was just like the previous ones quite cheap, mostly game & youtube lol.

I kept it for like two years or so, maybe three and I finally got an actual phone back in june. I'm going to keep it for 3 years or so.

I can do more but I feel like it will start to slow down just like my previous one did, doing great then horrible slow monster to open or close an app. Samsung & cie eh

Last edited:
i got my first smartphone in 2013, and i upgraded for my current one in... early 2017. so once every four years, is my guess

every two years

Every two years so far. I always get really excited when I get a new one and think when my contract is finished I'll just keep the same phone but I'm always tired of it by the end and I want a new one

all my contracts have been every 2 years but i think this might be the first time i end it early because my phone is completely ruined and i'm not sure it will last the 6 months it has left. reminder for self to always get insurance...

not often because i am a poor gurl
and even if i had decent money on me, i would not get a new phone every year or two years
it is ridiculous and waste of money in my opinion

Back