• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question about voided villagers

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
Switch
4283-9990-2999
Okay sooo..this is super weird!

My mom had 9 villagers in her town. I haven't been in her town in awhile, a few days at least.
Today she had Cube move in from my town's void apparently.

Now this is where it gets weird. Cube was one of my original villagers. He moved out of my town sometime last year. I have since been to tons and tons of other towns, clearing my void out long ago etc etc. So how on earth is it possible she picked him up from my town? Shouldn't his data been erased long ago?

Neither of us are upset at this, just very confused haha.

Last edited:
I picked up a villager from someone's void who had moved out of her town well over four months earlier.
Honestly, I'm not 100% certain that you can totally clear out your void, or that it will always work. She may have also gotten him from streetpassing you if she did. You can pick up villagers from people that way too.

I picked up a villager from someone's void who had moved out of her town well over four months earlier.
Honestly, I'm not 100% certain that you can totally clear out your void, or that it will always work. She may have also gotten him from streetpassing you if she did. You can pick up villagers from people that way too.

Ohhh! Okay so we have streetpassed each other so I guess that's how she got him. Strange :0

Back