periods

they suck and can go burn in hell.

legit mine are never normal, or on time, sometimes i do nothing but spot, sometimes i bleed for 40 days and 40 nights and flood the entire world... i rarely get cramps thankfully but when i do they're like... killer cramps... like keeling over in pain, unable to move kind.

Dude, get on some bc pill/other methods that sounds very not normal.

i hate this website

same

This is the worst place to discuss political and social issues, and yet it happens all the time.

But idk, maybe people really enjoy talking about their monthlies on a video game forum. It seems unsettling to me but that's just me.

But idk, maybe people really enjoy talking about their monthlies on a video game forum. It seems unsettling to me but that's just me.

Eh, Brewster is specifically for non-game discussions and I think there have been 'worse' threads than this. You having a bad day or?

Mine are actually super light and I hardly get cramps :) they last for like maybe 3 days and they always start on the same day each month. That’s the beauty of the pill
Well that and not getting pregnant lol

same

This is the worst place to discuss political and social issues, and yet it happens all the time.

My dude, periods aren't political OR social issues, they're just periods. If there's younger girls on the forum who maybe have no one to talk about this with, maybe it's helpful, I know when I was younger I was mortified to talk to my own mother about it, I can see something like this just talking about it like it's normal would make me feel less afraid and more confident. What's so uncomfortable about that? Literally nothing. If you're this uncomfortable about something that happens every month, then that's very sad.

Basically, if you don't like it, then this thread isn't for you, and that's fine. There's a ton of other threads and boards you can go play in.

I'm just going to pop in and post a few things before any completely unnecessary arguments start. Certain topics aren't for everyone and we fully understand that, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussion centering around a perfectly natural occurrence that most women and girls (and even some men!) go through. If a topic doesn't appeal to you or you don't want to discuss it, I've said it before and I'll say it again - simply don't click on the thread. Posting simply to express your distaste for a certain thread topic isn't necessary and almost always serves to derail the thread and/or start a flame war, so just bypass the threads you don't like and move on. Easy.

On a more personal note, as someone who isn't close with their family, I had no one to discuss this topic with back when I first started my period and the situation culminated in my best friend's stepmom taking me to the store and buying me my first boxes of pads and tampons, because my mother wouldn't discuss it with me or didn't care to. It would have been massively helpful to have been a part of internet forum back then, especially one with a userbase that included older people who could have potentially answered some of my questions or even commiserated with me about the cramps and awkwardness of bleeding for the first time. And as I said previously, sometimes these things aren't normal and talking to a larger group about your symptoms can help you realize that and seek help from a doctor if needed. Internet anonymity can certainly come in handy if you feel awkward about saying something like "I've been bleeding for 20 days, help" to people face to face and could even save someone's life. Dramatic, but true.

Everyday's a bad day for me :)

I wanted to do a sneery comment here but I won't. And yeah just leave if you find it annoying or whatever.

And yeah, to everyone having issues, seek help if you can asap. I totally wish I went on the pill way earlier (or something else) because yeah those cramps should be eradicated.

I hate them so. much.

Mine's late this month (where are you you little harbringer of rage and destruction) so I don't know whether that's a curse or an blessing but I usually get really heavy flow and unbearable cramps for the first couple of days :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

My dude, periods aren't political OR social issues, they're just periods. If there's younger girls on the forum who maybe have no one to talk about this with, maybe it's helpful, I know when I was younger I was mortified to talk to my own mother about it, I can see something like this just talking about it like it's normal would make me feel less afraid and more confident. What's so uncomfortable about that? Literally nothing. If you're this uncomfortable about something that happens every month, then that's very sad.

Basically, if you don't like it, then this thread isn't for you, and that's fine. There's a ton of other threads and boards you can go play in.

This entirely. I'm sick of people pretending they're some kind of unicorn-like taboo that can never be brought up or spoken of in regular discussion... periods are a perfectly normal thing that happen to girls as young as 9 years old and they need to stop being treated like a disgusting myth.

i created this thread because i was on and i wanted someone to relate to, seriously, if you don't like talking about this just don't click

I've always wondered something, how do yall deal with Periods and School/Work?

Like with the cramps and bleeding that come with it... it seems rather tricky for one to deal with them both...

We live, man. I go to school on the first day of my period after literally waking up to it, having to run to the bathroom with a pad in my hoodie pocket 3 times in the school day trying not to let the huuuuge amount of boys see it, barely sitting still, in huge stomach pain, worrying about stains, feeling to throw up in the middle of a test.....it's how we sadly live.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i created this thread because i was on and i wanted someone to relate to, seriously, if you don't like talking about this just don't click

Had to flip back a few pages here to see what was going on. Dang....that's disappointing

nvm i dont want to get banned

but anyways people who are like Uh the discussion on the last few pages suck. if you hate hearing anout it so much then sad for u, go somewhere else and hold ur hands over ur ears while chanting that girls dont fart or whatever lmaoo

Last edited:
I haven't had mine in about 3 years or so, but when I used to get em they were pretty heavy. Cramps were never a problem, they were just annoying if anything, sometimes I'd get headaches but nothing too serious.

mine is just finishing, thank goodness for that

Wow over 100 replies in 2 days! (Not very surprised though since this forum mostly has females)

*i mean people with periods oops sorr
y

- - - Post Merge - - -

I read somewhere that it has something to do with the muscles in the uterus pushing the blood out that makes it hurt, but that could be another false thing my mom told me (idk where exactlyyy I heard it from) but it mostly seems like it's because the uterus walls are shredding, shredding the blood attached for them for a few days which does sound quite painful doesn't it

I didn't think a *person without a period* would be so interested in this. Good to know you're not very grossed out! ((but still kinda odd))

this is an old response but wtf are you doing with all the *s. why do you keep making a point that you HAVE to change it or whatever. and *oops person w/ period ??? just edit ur top thing if you want to change it?? this isnt a verbal conversation dude

anyway 1) if u dont like the discussion, dont post 2) dont be like "well WE have problems too uwu". you do? then make ur own thread. 3) if u think smth is weird dont just be like "haha yeah ive been on my period none stop for the last 69 years xD" go to a ****ing doctor. nobody on this site should try and diagnose you. plus literally if ur saying it to literally anyone on the web dont say "im too scared to tell a doctor" okay
cool done here

this is an old response but wtf are you doing with all the *s. why do you keep making a point that you HAVE to change it or whatever. and *oops person w/ period ??? just edit ur top thing if you want to change it?? this isnt a verbal conversation dude
I went back to change it cause I thought you would be mad at me for saying "women" but if you're so easily offended then what's the point...

I went back to change it cause I thought you would be mad at me for saying "women" but if you're so easily offended then what's the point...
nope im just saying its really weird that you dont know how to edit text? if you 'went back to change it' then u would have just highlighted the text, backspaced it, and retyped it with "people with periods" or whatever??? and why are you adding *___* to it ??

Last edited:

youre being passive aggressive and them when people call you out on it you go "wow i cant believe these sjws, im a cis and i am literally murdered by the crew of the down with cis bus every day" just please either dont talk about it or be mature about it because being passive aggressive isn't doing any good at all.

Back