• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you pave your towns?

Moritz

Bells
Tasty Cake
I sometimes pave mine but I find unless I plot reset my towns then my paths always look stupid.
I'm asking this because I had someone move in where I did not want them to (Guess I missed a spot with my QRs). Thankfully he moved into an amazing space but now its left an annoying space I need to work out.

I feel like I need paths. Unless you line natural paths with bushes/trees/flowers I always just feel like my town isnt organized or put together

I've started putting paths down in my main town (though they just say "path" right now, because I haven't unlocked the scanner, haha) because I like how it looks.

Coincidentally, most of my villagers moved into nice spots (and all of my starting villagers were lined up, with two at the top, and three down by Re-Tail. Then Marshal moved in and made the top corner of my map an actual corner of houses.), and that has definitely had an influence on me actually wanting to put paths down. I'm too lazy to plot reset, and the one time I thought I'd try it, I messed up, haha. :)

Paths is love. Path is life.

Without them, Its very uncomfortable going around without an idea where your going. I'm checking my old dream address, before I erased my town... ;(

I just started messing with QRs...I'm on the fence about em right now, put down some cute waterways so far

I always have pattern paths cause I don't play the game enough to wear down paths. When you have as many flowers as I do and you're as OCD as I am, you're almost obligated to have pattern paths.

I love some of the pathing I've seen, but I personally go for natural dirt paths or just scattered cobblestones as a Hansel-and-Gretel kind of guide. It isn't even that I find making paths too much effort (because heaven knows I've spent more time in the game doing pointless things), it's just that I hate the look of paths sticking out over corners, and also how terribly some paths fade into grass. Plus, I always feel the need to border my paths with bushes, and that just ends up looking more formal than I want.

I do scatter random paths when I'm plotting though

Yes. It helps me be a bit more organized with my town plus it gives a nice look to towns in my opinion c:

I really want to, but it's such a long task. I probably will someday, but when it's part way completed it bugs me and looks ugly, so I feel like I have to do it all in one day. Plus, I'll need lots of bushed and creativity and flowers for it. It'd definitely take awhile. I think maybe someday I will, but not anytime soon... :p

I did once. Then my ocd went nuts and i had to get rid of them before the entire town was covered in paths.

i have a few paths running through town, but for the most part, it's all natural stuff. i like it this way, because the paths give me some structure and let me know where to walk (i guess to minimalize grass wear all throughout my town, keeping it only underneath my qrs?), and i don't particularly like it when alll the floor is pathed. feels too modern/put together for me hehe, and i want to plant lots of flowers :)

I never use paths anymore. i got sick of using them and waiting 8 days for the QR machine to open to plan my town. I usually just use stepping stones ONLY or dirt paths or clovers. They're way easier if you can get the clovers from here (or from hacking)

Yes I like to use paths to help me keep my town organized so I know where to walk and not accidentally run over a flower.

I'm trying the path thing in my new town. I find it easier to landscape paths for smaller areas but there's a huge chunk of the north side that I have no idea what to do with. I'll probably leave it natural.

Its funny, I have all 4 path mules, including my mayor.... Literally one 16 pattern path set, a 10 pattern water pattern set, 2 qr's for both my inkling boy and girl shirts, 2 qr's as a wooden bridge type of thing and a grass tile, And ANOTHER 9 Pattern path set, and 4 standees I managed to cheese the game with (Marie, Callie, Inkling boy and Girl)
I literally only have one more space left, and thats on my mayor, XD
So basically how math works.
16+10+2+2+9= 39
I live a sad life, lmao.
My new dream code is 4C00-0093-3345 for those who would like to see my under-construction town (I seriously love it!)

I think some people here are confused about what OCD is.
Anyway tho, I really enjoy putting paths in my town.
:)

I haven't wanted any in the past, but I'm planning to have a main road connecting the train station, plaza and town Hall to create a more urban center.

I'd love to find patterns that are basically copies of the grass pattern (all three shapes, in each season's colors) in order to create stepping stones and dirt paths that blend in better. My main issue with pathing is that that the clear cut-off edges just don't suit my more natural/rural aesthetic

Back