• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinion on cicadas?

Do you like cicadas?

• I love the sound of cicadas in NL!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • I'm okay with it.

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I absolutely hate that retched noise they make!

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
K so as you all may know, cicadas come out in July and August in NL. Personally, I think they're really annoying and I just can't stand to hear the noise they make all the time (I don't really like a lot of weird noise anyways so cicadas don't help).

My game is currently still stuck in May because I went on hiatus for like 2 months and I'm too lazy to work my way back up to the normal date. But I'm not upset about it at all cause that just means I get to peacefully walk around Boston without having those annoying lil turds all over the place.

I love cicadas in real life but I can't stand them in-game.

I HATE THEM SO MUCH
I wish if there's some kind of spray in the game to can kill them all.
HAHAHAHAHAH
:cool:

Last edited:
Where I live we don't have cicadas, so I was very shocked to hear 50 random bugs screaming as I walked around in my town. Not a fan in the slightest...

Yeah i love hearing cicadas in real life, although i dont mind them in game i cant say i love them

I'm alright with them in the game.

We don't get them in real life in my area.

I like the sound as well. It's one of my fondest memories in Animal Crossing over the years... Hearing the cicadas. We don't have cicadas here so it's a little bit of extra summer for me. ^^

I think the sound in the game really jars with the peaceful music & funky tunes. The sound in rl is much better though

I love the sound of cicadas in real life! In game...well, I enjoy them a lot the first weeks or so, but they become quickly annoying

I'm ok with them, they do get on my nerves sometimes but I like them. I kind of like the noise because I feel like it gives my town "more life" if that makes any sense. It's so boring when I'm walking around and it's completely quiet.

Ahh the sounds of summer...
Cicadas: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Very relaxing.
(Seriously, i hate them. I love it when it rains.)

I am generally happy when I first hear them, because it means summer, but I quickly tire of the constant noise. I've already caught museum exhibits, so more I just chase them off the trees.

yeah cicadas are great and all, hearing them once and a while is almost relaxing until 10 more show up and begin to do that noise all together, making a symphony of my ears wanting to explode.

all in all 60/10 would cicada again

I hate them, I hate the noise they make, I hate how they look. Cut down my trees for the summer because of them.

I liked the cicada sounds for mayyybe 3 days before I started getting annoyed- they're fine for a while, but they're EVERYWHERE and i like listening to the peaceful music w/o the ugly croaking! i like their sounds irl though! :blush:

They don't really bother me. I am OK with them. I really enjoy them the first few days they are out and then they are just there. If for some reason I become really annoyed with them, I just turn my volume down.

I live in a very urban place and rarely hear the sound of cicadas, so far it's been a lot of fun to have them in my village.

So far it's not being annoying at all and I hope it stays that way.

Sometimes I walk around my village with the low volume, not because of them, but I think it can help me love them. Hehe

We don't get cicadas where I live so I love the noise while I play NL, it makes it feel more summery.

Back