• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Whats wrong with Jock villagers?

I dont care much for jocks. The only jock I like is Teddy, he is an all around cool guy and I like his house

I like jocks, they're cool. I don't mind sports and I used to go to the gym, so I don't mind them when they talk about sporty stuff.

Jock villagers are the only ones I don't like. Maybe because I'm not a sports person. I just can't relate to them. Or maybe it's because Genji would always talk to me about football instead of suggesting projects

Jock villagers are the only ones I don't like. Maybe because I'm not a sports person. I just can't relate to them. Or maybe it's because Genji would always talk to me about football instead of suggesting projects

But... but... Genji is so cute *o*~

I have to have one because I want a balance of all the personality types, but they're my least favorite. It's because they always talk about their muscles and sweaty gym socks and call me ladybro. Not really into that.

I'm not really a sporty person. I resonate with lazies way more than the jocks. Jocks and preppy just get on my nerve a little, I just wanna say mellow out guys D:

Jocks are so sweet and funny! It makes me sad that so many people hate them :( What's not to love about these happy little balls of energy that always cheer you on and say silly things like "ladybro" and "shazzoinkies"? :D

EBK45OD - Imgur.jpg

Klk7Zpv - Imgur.jpg
The secret to liking the jocks is to never take them seriously.I never expected Goose and Curly to be among my favorite villagers but they're the funniest villagers I have because they're so goofy.Who would expect a chicken and a pig to be athletic?Their dialogue is meant to be silly like when they claim that their umbrella weighs 200 lbs. or that they ran for a hundred miles.

I only have one Jock in my town, but I like them as well. Most people find them annoying because being physically active and fit has gone to the wayside in the past decade. *Bricked*

The main reason both jocks and uchis are disliked is simply because their looks. We are a very shallow people. Most uchis and jocks aren't cute in the generic sense. So they become disliked, despite having funny and interesting personalities.

I only have one Jock in my town, but I like them as well. Most people find them annoying because being physically active and fit has gone to the wayside in the past decade. *Bricked*

The main reason both jocks and uchis are disliked is simply because their looks. We are a very shallow people. Most uchis and jocks aren't cute in the generic sense. So they become disliked, despite having funny and interesting personalities.
There's a ton of good jock designs, but I agree about uchis. There's few of them, so it's rare to find good designs.

View attachment 204758

View attachment 204764
The secret to liking the jocks is to never take them seriously.I never expected Goose and Curly to be among my favorite villagers but they're the funniest villagers I have because they're so goofy.Who would expect a chicken and a pig to be athletic?Their dialogue is meant to be silly like when they claim that their umbrella weighs 200 lbs. or that they ran for a hundred miles.

Exactly! I laugh so much with them, but if you take them seriously it can be a little overwhelming xD.

i'm just mad because every jock villager is SO SO SO CUTE, some of the cutest villagers are jock. however, they refuse to talk about anything other than sports. im bad at sports and i don't get nearly enough exercise. it's like a yearly thing for me. so jocks just make me feel bad about my unhealthy lifestyle, i think that's why most people dislike them anyway

Last edited:
If you're not the sporty type of person, you'll probably get bored of them. I'm fine though, it's just that they're only a few good-looking and interesting jock villagers.

I used to not like them, but I'm starting to realize that their personality can be funny and dialogue can be a little unique. At least compared to normals. Plus there's some good jocks. I have Bill right now!

I really hope in future games they get a more varied dialogue, instead of talking about sports 95% of the time.

My biggest problem with jock villagers is that they seem to say the same 2 things over and over and over again, much like normal villagers do. They seem to have less to say than other personality types and it makes me bored faster. That being said, I've had Bill since I started my town in 2013 and I still absolutely adore him! I think having one jock is good but more than one gets repetitive and annoying.

I have Teddy in my town, he's a lot of fun and rarely talks about sports. Probably my favourite jock in the game.

Back