• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Easiest way to get villagers to move?

mobcoffee

you got no jams
Bells
Hugh has been in my town since the beginning, and now I'm trying to get him to move so I can get Phil from my friend. Is there an easy way to get him to move?

This has worked for me, maybe it might work for you.
Make a new character and talk to everybody ONCE. Then talk to everybody you want to keep as you would normally. Do not play as your main character during this process. While playing as this new character, ignore only the villager you want to leave. After a few days to a week, they'll most likely want to move out. If you need clarification, the youtuber pwanapplz (I don't know if thats the rxact name) does a great job explaining it.

It's random. There's no legit way to do it but I found that gaining some sort of friendship level with them helps. Ignoring/treating them like crap usually doesn't work for me.

This has worked for me, maybe it might work for you.
Make a new character and talk to everybody ONCE. Then talk to everybody you want to keep as you would normally. Do not play as your main character during this process. While playing as this new character, ignore only the villager you want to leave. After a few days to a week, they'll most likely want to move out. If you need clarification, the youtuber pwanapplz (I don't know if thats the rxact name) does a great job explaining it.

thank you, im gonna try this rn

What I do is time travel 1 day, talk to everyone and see if there's any rumor about someone leaving or if the villager pings, if no one pings or is rumored to move, I travel to the next day and so on. It's tiring but it's the only way that worked for me.

You could try ignoring him or hitting him with nets. It almost seems like that works. I did that to Graham and he moved, and I did it to Tank, and he is moving in a few days.

It isn't 100% accurate though and you can't always rely on it.

I use pretty rude methods to show hate to the villagers I dislike.

If hes rumored to move ignore him till hes out im pretty sure theres a tini wini chance of them saying " im staying " even if you said #$#/$&#&# out of my !&/&@* town
Edit. Tting ANY amount of time backwards only counts as One day so go crazy

villager move outs are randomly generated, i don't think there's any real way to get villagers to move besides time traveling a lot which is tedious and you might lose favorites :/

Back