• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Paths vs No Paths

Paths or No Paths?

• Paths!

Votes: 56 70.9%
  • Undecided/ I will later.

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • No Paths!

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All my towns have paths except my newest town. I discovered that it's really hard to decorate a town without paths. You really have to get creative.

i use paths but i cant find good ones, im always switching them out. i wish the next iteration of ac could have the ability to put paths.

I hate them.
It's Animal Crossing.
Nature. Fishing, bug catching.

Fake paths are ugly, making the town look fake.
Why cover up cobblestone with QR codes, or cover the grass with fake grass? o_O

Give me lush green grass and natural dirt paths.

Last edited:
I use paths because if I follow them, it's the most efficient way to move around my town. I also thinks it looks better and allows separation between areas so that all the areas of my town don't have to be themed the same way. I only use single paths and I don't cover any of the cobblestone. I only like putting patterns on the ground that are paths.

Last edited:
Do you have paths in your town? Or Not? Why?

I don't, my town isn't very linear so they don't look right when I put them down.

One reason I voted for having paths, and that I do have them, is they make navigating a town feel organized and not hectic. I am thinking first of paths for walking throughout a town.

Another reason I have paths, in towns beyond the three appearing in my signature, is that I like to have some zoning control on where humans' and villagers' houses can be located.

It depends on the aesthetic to me. For example, my pink town Blossom has paths. But my woodsy town, Mistwood, has no paths. Maybe a dirt path later on. :)

I have paths. I like them because they really distinguish the aesthetic and concept of a town.

everyone is so talented with the paths they made, but i don't like the way some paths don't look natural and like blend with the game. you can see where they start/end it's really annoying zzz

natural dirt paths are soooo pretty though..

Last edited:
I think it depends on the kind of aesthetic you're going for!
Natural and woodsy towns look amazing with natural dirt paths are using clovers as paths. And cute, decorated towns look adorable with paths.
And paths can also help set the kind of look a town is going for.
Personally I've only just started trying to lay down some two tile paths because I wanted my town to seem more organised and structured.

I use paths. Dirt paths can look nice but it doesn't look very neat with the theme of my town. I had to do a lot of rearranging to get my town linear enough for uninterrupted paths for long stretches. I moved people out and cycled through the 16 villager cycle to move a house 1 space haha. I made mine myself but it looks similar to a lot of paths already out there. I couldn't find anything with the colors and design I wanted.

I don't use paths in my town. I tried using paths once a long time ago in one of my old towns, but I didn't
really like it after all. Since then I prefer to have towns without any paths.

I can never decide if I like them or not. I plan on doing a no qr code path for my second town. But my first town has a qr code path. Though I'm thinking of trying to fined one that has four qr codes or less that looks good.

I have paths. It's nice not looking at any dead grass and gives my town a little extra something to make it look nice. I like to be able to run on them. Plus it's so nice to know I'm not going to lose a bunch of hybrids, starts or saplings to a random villager move in.

I use paths and I prefer them as well. With paths, it's easier to know where to go instead of moving blindly.

How come I can get 75 people to vote on paths but cant get six people for my villager's signatures?! LOL
One of these days, I'll try dirt paths again or large stepping stone paths again I have weird ponds and rocks in they way where I want the put paths; I wish there was a way to shrink the Qrs, so they would blend in and not overlap over pond edges. I never have any dead grass paths because I rarely use the same way twice to get somewhere. I need to plant more trees.

Back