• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's a villager you didn't know you wanted...

I thought Fuchsia was hideous until I actually had her in my town. I love her rockstar vibes!

I ran into this too! I also think the Uchi personality fits her perfectly as well :)

Another villager would be Amelia. I remember getting her in my Population Growing town when I was younger. I hated her at first but her character and house design grew on me. I was so happy when she randomly moved into my town in New Leaf!

i didn't even know there was a villager named benedict until i got him, but i instantly fell in love with him. he has the same name as one of my favorite actors, and i just love the whole lazy personality type!

Chrissy! I had just restarted my town and didn't know much about NL/each villager, and it wasn't until after she moved out that I really started to know more about her/her personality. I luckily snagged her amiibo card in a pack so we'll decide to see if I move her back in.

I know i've already posted in this thread, but Maple!! I met her one of my towns just recently while map-resetting. I thought I wasn't all that interested in her but when I saw her I decided that I definitely need to have her in my new town. She's just so cute and so is her house. Like I never noticed it just from looking at screenshots in ACNL, but I really want her now. In older games, I didn't really like her but she's actually really cute in new leaf!

I think you never really know if you like a villager until you have them in your town. There's been so many villagers that i've never given the light if day because of this, only to find out that they're cuter in person!

Last edited:
phil came from the void from another town and i did not want him. he was wearing an awful shirt and i thought he was boring looking. worse, when he moved in, he took out all my cherry trees. i was not pleased. now, however, he's my perfect buddy. i have two other smug villagers and none of them are as good as phil.

Poppy, Grizzly, Axel, and Derwin...

Poppy was just the cutest little thing and came in when I made my town for the first time. I fell in love with her and her personality quickly, before I even knew dreamies or anything of the sort existed.

Isabelle introduced me to Grizzly. "He might come off as cranky, but I think he'll learn to like you if you let him." He was pretty sweet to me. And I thought the way he waved when you exited his house was adorable so I liked him, too.

It took me a few days to realize I loved Axel. He was the second person to move into my town. I didn't like him until I started talking to him more.

It took me a month to like Derwin. I immediately decided I was going to get rid of him so I started ignoring him. I decided talking to him some when he didn't ask to leave. He was so sweet and pure... What finally decided for me was when he ran up to me for help because Apple made him cry (stupid little hamster. Glad you're gone.) He's just so cute and I love him and he can never leave

I didn't know Kidd was a villager. I didn't realise he was that adorable and i have him in my town hes just so sweet.

a month ago it was Erik. he was camping in my campsite and i instantly invited him to move in and he became my top fave! my most current one is Ribbot. just like Erik i didnt know he existed until my 9th villager moved out and he moved in her spot and now i love him. he's super cute and unique.

i wasn't a huge fan of fuchsia, but now i have her and she's freakin adorable

Coco, she always creeped me out [and especially seeing the inside of her house on a wiki page] but when she moved into my old town, I loved her!

I thought Fuchsia was hideous until I actually had her in my town. I love her rockstar vibes!

That's me too right now! She's grown on me after awhile and I plan on adopting her soon.
I also used to not care for Dotty but she grew on me too and now she's my favorite villager.

Probably Hazel, the squirrel with a unibrow. When she first moved in, I was like 'No, go away.' Then I warmed up to her and she has a cool home theme. Not to mention her catchphrase is uni-wow!

There have been so many...

Jambette comes to mind first! I never thought I'd want her, but once I actually got her she was just so sweet in my town!

Bob the cat! I saw him in the campsite during winter and I immediately fell in love with him. Thank god my town only had 9 villagers at that point. :)

Melba! She was in my New Leaf town when I arrived and I had never seen her before (at the time I wasn't big into the community of AC, I only played City Folk by myself. I didn't even know there were koala villagers! I always thought she was cute but over the last 4 years she's become my favorite villager of all time! Such a sweetheart <3

For me it is Freya. I got her amiibo card and thought she was sorta "eh" looking, but I needed a Snooty in my town and she was the most appealing out of the bunch. Truthfully, I thought I would replace her in due time, but after awhile she was so sweet to me and started to really symbolize what a Snooty ought to be, she simply seemed the epitome of it and now she's my favorite one!

Sheldon tbh
I loved that he called me his bro & he was always giving me things & I loved when you would be fishing on the beach & you would see him & i just love him so much my bby

I want Penelope in my town. I didn't know she exists until someone brought her up in a thread on here.

Portia. When I first made this town, I saw her and I immediately thought she was ugly because of her eyes (basically if they weren't a previous villager I had then I'd automatically think they were ugly). But I got to know her, and I love her so much, she's one of my top 3 favorite villagers. She sends me letters randomly and I always save them, I love her so much.

Back