• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The watering can and flowers

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
My mom made an interesting observation about the watering can and the flowers. I was showing her the game (which she was surprisingly interested in) and I was talking to her about the watering can and how I didn't need another one. She said, what if they offer multiple cans not for if you accidentally sell your watering can, but for you to assign a watering can to specific areas of your town that has flowers that way you won't have to run around with a watering can on you to water flowers. And if you see a flower in an area that needs to be watered, you don't have to run around town looking for the watering can, you'll already have one assigned to that area so you can just pick it up off the ground water the flower then put it back on the ground near to the area it's assigned.

Does this make sense? I never thought of this!

I always have a watering can on me at all times so this isn't really needed for me. I rarely ever take the main tools out of my pockets (megaphone and slingshot not included) I think tools on the ground even count negatively to your town? It would be cute if you put the tool on the ground and it actually looks like a watering can and not that ugly tool box. If that's the case maybe I'd leave some around my flower fields for decoration :p

I might not do it either but I thought it was a pretty interesting observation so I shared it. :)

I didn't know tools on the ground can impact the rating, but then again, I've ever had a perfect town lol

Tbh it would be fun if this will be a viable way of watering flowers in the next game, with water taps as pwps where you can fill the watering can. It would make sense and I think it would be a good addition! Even though it's very minor.

Last edited:
I always have a watering can on me at all times so this isn't really needed for me. I rarely ever take the main tools out of my pockets (megaphone and slingshot not included) I think tools on the ground even count negatively to your town? It would be cute if you put the tool on the ground and it actually looks like a watering can and not that ugly tool box. If that's the case maybe I'd leave some around my flower fields for decoration :p

you could bury the watering cans, but i guess that would end up wasting more time digging them back up...

i think it's a cool idea. i don't think i'll use it though, it wouldn't be convenient for me personally.

I am usually carrying my watering can, but I do stick a few tools that I don't use as much like the axe in my letters to free up inventory space. It would be neat if there was a separate inventory for tools.

Back