• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you were stuck with a town with villagers of the same personality type

If you could only choose to have villagers of the same personality type, what would you pick (and who if you could)

I think it would be a lot of fun to be stuck in a town full of smug villagers for a while, it would feel like I'm playing a really corny dating sim the whole time, lmao!

I'd pick Julian, Phil, Shep, Rodney, O'Hare, Marshal, Klaus, Kidd, Lopez and Kyle

i seriously died at this comment - i would totally agree with that!

my picks for a ~smug dating sim ~town (lol) would be: marshal, colton, eugene, henry, jacques, ken, kyle, phil, and zell.

runner up town would be an all snooty town, i feel like the drama, gossip, and fashion would make the town always interesting.
my picks for that town would be: freya, gloria, julia, monique, tiffany, ali, bree, cupcake, gigi, and diana.

I would have to pick an all lazy town. The lazy personality has some of my favorite villagers overall, so I had no problem choosing some to live in this hypothetical place:

-Alfonso who is one of my favorite villagers of all time.
-Anchovy who I have some nice memories with and would be nice to have him again.
-Egbert who currently lives in Fireleaf and would be good here as well.
-Nate who lives in Taiga and is my favorite bear villager.
-Puck who I haven't actually had but like his hockey theme.
-Jeremiah because blue frogs just look really nice.
-Joey who lived in one of my old Gamecube towns.
-Hugh who lived in another of my old Gamecube towns.
-Walker who is just a really nice villager overall.
-Sven who I know isn't in New Leaf but since this is General AC Discussion I'm putting him in here. He lives in my Gamecube town and I would love to see him in a newer game (please don't change his personality like you did to T-Bone).

i'd totally go with uchi.
-fuchsia
-phoebe
-shari for SURE
-cherry
-frita
-tammy
-katt
-mira
-canberra
-renee

i also like deirdre and muffy but i already had a deer and sheep so yknow

I?d say I would go with the peppy villagers.

-Tangy
-Bianca
-Bangle
-Carmen
-Felicity
-Merry
-Rosie
-Tabby (I know a lot of people hate her but I like her.)
-Apple
-Dotty

I mainly chose the peppy villagers just because of Tangy who is my dreamy. You probably realized that I picked most of the popular villagers but how could I resist? They?re just so dang cute!

Last edited:
I’d say I would go with the peppy villagers.

-Tangy
-Bianca
-Bangle
-Carmen
-Felicity
-Merry
-Rosie
-Tabby (I know a lot of people hate her but I like her.)
-Apple
-Dotty

I mainly chose the peppy villagers just because of Tangy who is my dreamy. You probably realized that I picked most of the popular villagers but how could I resist? They’re just so dang cute!

ok honestly a great choice because you got SO many kitties A++

I'd kinda dig an all-cranky town. Kabuki's my favourite villager and when you get max affinity with cranky villagers, they act very gentlemanly and kind. Also, I like to play late at night and they go to sleep late. My picks would be: Tom, Rolf, Octavian, Kabuki, Ganon, Croque, and some others.

However, if I based it on which personality group has my favourite villagers, it would be Lazy.

I'd kinda dig an all-cranky town. Kabuki's my favourite villager and when you get max affinity with cranky villagers, they act very gentlemanly and kind. Also, I like to play late at night and they go to sleep late. My picks would be: Tom, Rolf, Octavian, Kabuki, Ganon, Croque, and some others.

However, if I based it on which personality group has my favourite villagers, it would be Lazy.

The comment is spot on. My favourite personality in the game is cranky followed by lazy as well. For my hypothetical town I would choose Butch, Wolfgang, Octavian, Kabuki, Boris, Rasher, Frank, Static and Chief.

a dating sim oh god ahaha! If I had to have a one personality town, I'd either make it a zen cranky town or a foodie lazy town!

I?d say normal but I think out of all of them I love the Uchi type the best ~.~ all the Uchi villagers I?ve had were really goofy, absent minded characters that stayed up really late! But they?re friendly and genuine also so I don?t think anything about them would annoy me. Snooty and cranky characters tend to annoy me. I think the Uchi?s keep it interesting!

its hard to pick between lazy & normal!
the lazy villagers make me laugh the most but the normal villagers just make me feel...so comfy & warm?
idk
i look at stella, poppy, fauna, goldie, & maple & im like! i want to hug you all! you make me feel very cozy!
they are just so sweet & so are their homes

I guess I would either choose peppy or lazy. If I would pick peppy then I would have these
villagers:

- Peanut
- Cece
- Ruby
- Flora
- Rosie
- Agent S
- Apple
- Tabby
(- Pinky)
(- Piper)

For a town full of lazy villager I would pick:

- Stitches
- Bob
- Anchovy
- Cube
- Zucker
- Erik
- Lucky
- Claude
(- Benjamin)
(- Cranston)

Lazy and/or Snooty.

I love lazy villagers ;w; they're so adorable and are actual sweethearts when they want to be.

Snooty because I'm a really sassy person, so I'll need villagers I can be super dramatic with lol.

For girls uchi, for boys smug

Uchi town: Katt, Muffy, Frita, Fuschia, Hazel, Agnes, Flo, Plucky, Cherry, and Mira.

Smug town: Pietro, Lopez, Ed, Colton, Ken, Kyle, Toby, Shep, Tex, and Keaton.

Good question. It's kinda a tie between cranky and uchi since I do like both personalities a lot.

I think for a cranky only town, I would choose:

- Lobo
- Rolf
- Rocco
- Gaston
- Static
- Hopper
- Cyrano
- Roscoe
- Kabuki
- Vladimir

Alternative for Vladimir, I would also maybe pick Knox.

And as for a uchi only town, I would choose:

- Hazel
- Fuchsia
- Phoebe
- Rocket
- Muffy
- Charlise
- Pashmina
- Katt

I guess this town would only have 8 villagers, since those are the only uchi villagers I really like.
If I had to pick two more to get the 10 together, then I guess I would pick Paula and Tammy.

I'd pick lazy! Most of my favorites are lazy villagers, including Biskit, Stitches, Bob, and Dizzy! I also adore Filbert and Hopkins, and I'd love to meet Cole, Hornsby, Raddle, and Pudge.

I'd pick smug villagers for the exact same reason as you. A corny dating sim themed town would be way too much fun. :D

I would say normal because they tend to have the cutest design, but I know the game would get really boring, really fast, so my first choice would probably be a town full of cranky characters. Once in a while they say stuff that makes me laugh, but I also wouldn't mind a town full of Jocks for the same reason. The dialogue between them would be a nice show. :>

I like Lazy characters' design and personalities too, but I also wouldn't choose a town full of them for the same reason I wouldn't choose a town full of normals.

I haven't talked enough to smug characters, but I'll give it a shot as soon as one moves back in.

Last edited:
Since Snooty and Smug are neck and neck for my favorite personality, it is difficult to choose one over the other generally. So, here's both.

Snooty: Ankha, Blanche, Elise, Freya, Gloria, Julia, Monique or Oliva, Pecan, Tiffany, Vivian

Smug: Beardo, Chops, Eugene, Hans, Jacques, Julian, Leopold, Pietro, Shep, Tex

If I absolutely had to pick one of them, Snooty.

---

However, since this is an interesting concept and fun to determine, here's what I'd do for the rest too.

Cranky: Boris, Butch, Camofrog, Gruff, Hopper, Knox, Lobo, Octavian, Rasher, Walt

Jock: Boone, Bud, Cobb, Drift, Kid Cat, Louie, Mott, Ribbot, Sprocket, Sterling

Lazy: Boomer, Claude, Cranston, Cube, Drago, Lucky, Marcel, Raddle, Stitches, Tucker

Normal: Annalisa, Celia, Coco, Gladys, Kiki or Midge, Maple, Marina, Melba, Pekoe, Savannah

Peppy: Agent S, Anabelle, Bella, Cheri, Flora, Piper, Ruby, Sprinkle, Tammi, Victoria

Uchi: Agnes, Cherry, Deirdre, Diva, Flo, Muffy, Rocket, Pashmina, Paula, Phoebe

Normal villagers of course! They're my favorite and a bunch of my dreamies are in there.
If I had to choose which one of them I'd pick:
Celia, Gladys, Maple, Melba, Chevre, Eunice, Jambette, Savannah, Molly and June!
Very original I know, I know. But I love them so much and normal villagers are the sweetest.

Back