• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I think I want a Switch??

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
But damn, it's expensive. I guess not more so than any other new console, but I haven't bought a new system in a loooooong time. I am a hardcore LOZ fan so I feel obligated to get one to play BOTW.

I'm waiting for a while to see if there is more games that I would legit want to play, I mean it seems like a really neat console and stuff, and I would love to play BOTW and SKYRIM on it more than anything, but if they come out with an AC game or something else I might consider getting it. I'd hate to spend all of that on something that doesn't have much for me to play on it, if I get it I want it to be worth it. If I wanted a several hundred dollar skyrim machine I'd buy a gaming computer that way it would at least be a bit more useful for me.

Wait for E3.
It's in 3 months, and we'll see lots of new games.
If there is an Animal Crossing or Pokemon announced, i'm sold.
Plus i think buying it in the summer is a good idea, you'll have BOTW, Mario Kart, Splaltoon, Shovel Kinght and many others.

I'm waiting for a while to see if there is more games that I would legit want to play, I mean it seems like a really neat console and stuff, and I would love to play BOTW and SKYRIM on it more than anything, but if they come out with an AC game or something else I might consider getting it. I'd hate to spend all of that on something that doesn't have much for me to play on it, if I get it I want it to be worth it. If I wanted a several hundred dollar skyrim machine I'd buy a gaming computer that way it would at least be a bit more useful for me.
I agree. I felt really silly when I bought a Wii and realized there wasn't much for it I was interested in. I played Skyward sword, Epic Micky, and then all my GC games haha

Wait for E3.
It's in 3 months, and we'll see lots of new games.
If there is an Animal Crossing or Pokemon announced, i'm sold.
Plus i think buying it in the summer is a good idea, you'll have BOTW, Mario Kart, Splaltoon, Shovel Kinght and many others.

Exactly. And hopefully some new colors for the console itself, or special ones, like a bundle or something? That'd be rad.

i want a switch too but i don't think i'll buy one anytime soon cos i don't live in the us and it'd be suuuper expensive to buy it where i live :/ if i were to anyway i'd wait at least for the summer in the northern hemisphere since there'll be more games available and possibly new console colors too.

also, i don't know if buying the first version of the switch is a good idea bc it's bound to be updated sometime, and probably sooner rather than later. i'm thinking they'll do to it the same thing they did to the 3ds: release upgrade after upgrade. but idk. if i were a big zelda fan i think no argument would keep me from buying it to play the new game tho!! it looks absolutely amazing :)

I have zero interest in the switch atm. There are cool games like BOTW and the new Mario game but that isn't enough for me to warrant a purchase. When an Animal Crossing game comes out, I'll be torn because that's probably the only game I'll play on it. Buying a $400+ system to play AC on is insane. :C

- - - Post Merge - - -

Plus, it seems as if those games are older ones that have been released on other platforms anyway soooo... what's the point in the switch right now?

I'm probably gonna wait until June. Isn't that when Splatoon 2 is going to be released?

I was going to preorder it but the Nintendo Direct stopped me. The only game that I want on the list is Mario and that's a December drop. Feel better about waiting since the price is higher in Canada. With the system/ pro controller it would be about $552 after taxes. Waiting for E3 for more news about games and any problems with the switch before purchasing it. If there are no issues I'll buy it before December for Mario. I'm a huge Mario fan.

I'm either gonna get one when MK8 DX or Splatoon 2 releases, not really interested in Zelda tbh. Oh and I hope they announce that Smash port too ;)

if you're ok with just one amazing game for the system, then go for it. especially since you love zelda, i know everyone is whining about the game selection but i'm glad i got one today

I'm broke as hell lol.

If you're looking to just get Breath of The Wild, it is out on the Wii U. But yes, I would wait until more games are announced.
So far that I've seen, there's only been like 2 announced, that stupid 1-2 thing (THAT I WILL NEVER PLAY) that's on the background of the forums and Breath of The Wild. I would only buy a Nintendo Switch when more games that I'm interested come out, but at the moment I'm not interested as the only game I want to play is BOTW and I can just get it and then buy the Wii U.

- - - Post Merge - - -

if you're ok with just one amazing game for the system, then go for it. especially since you love zelda, i know everyone is whining about the game selection but i'm glad i got one today

But it's on the Wii U. I would do the opposite of this, as if there's some lame games for the console announced in the future you might lose interest entirely and it'd be a waste of $300+.

If you have the cash by all means buy it now but you can wait for it either way you need it!!

Unless I impulse buy it, I'm probably going to wait until next year at least. It mostly looks like multiplatform games and Wii U ports, so, not much I've not already got the hardware to play.

I would rather there be a nice little library of games I've not already played for me to pick and choose from so it's not just gathering dust in between releases...Not to mention I'm a bit cautious of Nintendo's home consoles, especially so after the Wii U, so I would like to make sure it isn't another Wii U...

So far that I've seen, there's only been like 2 announced, that stupid 1-2 thing (THAT I WILL NEVER PLAY) that's on the background of the forums and Breath of The Wild.

I was in GAME (the UK store) today and saw a Bomberman game on the shelf too.

That's still only 2 games though...And 1 2 Switch.

I'm going to wait until Animal Crossing is for sure going to be on it. By then, it might be a lot cheaper.

I think $300 is an appropriate introductory price, but it's not something I can pay for and it's definitely not something that my parents help me with right now. I may start saving for one with birthday money and proceed to work over the summer for it. I have school and an unfinished collection of 3DS games I can focus on in the meantime. I surely won't perish.

Unless I impulse buy it, I'm probably going to wait until next year at least. It mostly looks like multiplatform games and Wii U ports, so, not much I've not already got the hardware to play.

I would rather there be a nice little library of games I've not already played for me to pick and choose from so it's not just gathering dust in between releases...Not to mention I'm a bit cautious of Nintendo's home consoles, especially so after the Wii U, so I would like to make sure it isn't another Wii U...

I was in GAME (the UK store) today and saw a Bomberman game on the shelf too.

That's still only 2 games though...And 1 2 Switch.

I didn't know they still had GAME stores open... x.x I remember the good old days when they had old second-hand games like the PS and Xbox 360 games still selling lol. I don't go in there anymore, I only order online for 3DS games because they never have any good ones in store or I just go to CEX.

There's about a dozen launch games. None of them look any good (BOTW excluded), so I won't buy until the price dies a bit a lot. Nintendo haven't even shown interest in developing a new Animal Crossing game, there's nothing to say otherwise, so I'm not even sure if one's coming to the Switch. May be the end of the series.

Back