I think I want a Switch??

Everything about the switch is expensive and the early units are reporting some problems (dead pixels Nintendo is saying is fine, joy cons disconnecting when they are too close to... anything, blue (orange?) screens of death, ect). I would just wait until there is a larger game line up and you can really see how the system is performing (and if they fix any problems the first run of any system launch has).

Also, since Nintendo has a habit of locking in game prices no matter how old they are you might as well wait until you can get a deal on the system.

I want a switch, but right now there isn't enough games on it to justify getting it. And with the fact that people are already having issues with it doesn't really make me want to drop $300 on a new system. The switch also had a lot of little pieces and controllers and Nintendo has always been bad about making those extra pieces and controllers expensive to replace. I mean the joycon controllers are $80 to replace and as far as I know you're screwed if those break or you lose one and don't have a pro controller. Also, I've really wanted a wii u for a while and there are plenty of games to keep me occupied on that. They're both so expensive though, I'd rather just get the wii u and wait to see what's coming out on the switch. If they make an animal crossing game on it I'd definitely get it.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that expensive for what you get. Though there are a few faults in the design (such as the screen getting scratched when taking it out of it's little holder) it is pretty cool. With all the sliding stuff I mean.

I think the Switch is a good price for what it is, but the games are priced ridiculously. I think no games have any business being over ?20.

It's honestly just a Breath of the Wild machine right now, which is made even less essential since that's a Wii U port. Once there are more games out for it, say come the holidays, it'll look like a more attractive purchase to me. But I'm not a huge fan of the design. The joy-cons don't look very comfortable. It's kind of ridiculous that they didn't upgrade the disc space from the Wii U's deluxe disc space. It's not nearly as convenient of a portable device as the 3DS is. I'd be afraid to lug around a $400 (in canada, r.i.p.) system in my bag.

So far I haven't heard of a game that I /need/ to have for the Switch that is making me want to plan to buy it. It's kind of silly that there are no entertainment apps on it; youtube, netflix, crunchyroll, etc, though I suppose they may add those in the future? idk. The only reason I'm interested in it right now is the potential for gamecube games on virtual console, but as mentioned above, the disc space isn't any better than the Wii U, so that'd be a pain. I don't want to have to buy an external disc just to have enough room for more than a few games.

Bottom line: ugh.

I didn't know they still had GAME stores open... x.x I remember the good old days when they had old second-hand games like the PS and Xbox 360 games still selling lol. I don't go in there anymore, I only order online for 3DS games because they never have any good ones in store or I just go to CEX.

There's about a dozen launch games. None of them look any good (BOTW excluded), so I won't buy until the price dies a bit a lot. Nintendo haven't even shown interest in developing a new Animal Crossing game, there's nothing to say otherwise, so I'm not even sure if one's coming to the Switch. May be the end of the series.

I'm sure they'll have an Animal Crossing Switch (which sucks cause then I'll have to buy the stupid thing) since it's one of their big franchise

Back