• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

There really needs to be a sticky politics thread.

If you don't like them, don't read them. And if you're bothered by political threads on Brewster's, here's something to know. I am bothered by red wasps when I'm walking outside in the summer. But I can't force them to fly somewhere else. I have to deal with the wasps as long as I don't chase after them. If I can handle walking outside when there are five wasps flying, then don't let the political threads ruin your experience.

I could have swore that you mentioned something about overflowing political posts in this forum??

And besides if I ignore posts then what the heck is the point of being here?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i mean you could just not click on them.

I only have 2 issues with political threads.

1. I'm sick and tired of everyone complaining about them.

2. If they were easy to ignore don't you think we would already be doing that?

this all sounds like a lot of bickering, whining, and wanting others to fix problems for you.

you choose to be on this forum, you choose your content. Just don't click on them. The people complaining about it, don't make any threads in brewster's anyway. So either make some new posts that are interesting, or don't tell the people who do make posts what to do. Also don't just go into threads and be all smug like "another politics thread groan." It bothers me when people just whine about things and want others to fix something for them, when they are perfectly capable of taking motions to fix the problem themselves.

As someone who newly took an interest in politics, I like the change in topics. Politics is real life, you can't just avoid it.

i don't even know how to do taxes you think i have a legit response to people attacking other people because of politics??

- - - Post Merge - - -

All the politics threads have been closed, except for the 'Donald Trump reverses Obama's guidance on bathrooms' thread, which is on the verge of a big fat lock. Too much hateful things are said, the argument 'don't click on it' is a p***y *** argument because it's always on top and it's the one that gets people so riled up, the positive threads aren't touched and die. A stickied thread, like I said, would get too many people attacking other and would result in a lock and lots of people would be getting bans and infractions.

Last edited:

ok, so don't make threads complaining about them then

well I mean there's tons of things here that should be easy to ignore, and yet people fail at actually ignoring them, so....

Last edited:
I could have swore that you mentioned something about overflowing political posts in this forum??

And besides if I ignore posts then what the heck is the point of being here?

- - - Post Merge - - -

ye sure but now youre complaining about political threads ..

i don't even know how to do taxes you think i have a legit response to people attacking other people because of politics??

- - - Post Merge - - -

All the politics threads have been closed, except for the 'Donald Trump reverses Obama's guidance on bathrooms' thread, which is on the verge of a big fat lock. Too much hateful things are said, the argument 'don't click on it' is a p***y *** argument because it's always on top and it's the one that gets people so riled up, the positive threads aren't touched and die. A stickied thread, like I said, would get too many people attacking other and would result in a lock and lots of people would be getting bans and infractions.

nah there are some politics threads that have survived tbt.hell tho most of them have been locked because anything that people disagree on will start a Fight

All the proposed solutions are getting shot down by the people who are originally upset about this topic.
I think people just like to complain about something. "just don't click on them" is a valid argument, its just no one wants to admit it and would prefer to further this argument in hopes that someone will fix the problem for them....

- - - Post Merge - - -

All the proposed solutions are getting shot down by the people who are originally upset about this topic.
I think people just like to complain about something. "just don't click on them" is a valid argument, its just no one wants to admit it and would prefer to further this argument in hopes that someone will fix the problem for them....

this is precisely the type of person who doesn't like politics. Because they'd rather just complain about them than get involved... oh the irony

All the politics threads have been closed, except for the 'Donald Trump reverses Obama's guidance on bathrooms' thread, which is on the verge of a big fat lock.

I don't see too much drama on that thread yet, and I didn't create it as an argument bait. I created it to inform others what Trump is doing.

yeah, I've just skimmed the thread, since I'm kinda too mentally exhausted currently to piece together any sort of proper reply, and it seems relatively tame right now

plus the staff usually post an advanced warning when things start to get too heated anyways, so... not sure where the "being on the verge of a lock" is coming from. wishful thinking perhaps?

Last edited:
I don't see too much drama on that thread yet, and I didn't create it as an argument bait. I created it to inform others what Trump is doing.

I think people know what the POTUS is doing. Especially by the media...

some people may not know for one reason or another. and either way, even outside of that, this stuff needs to be brought to attention more

if anything, i'd argue we don't have enough political threads, just by the sheer number of other things that have gone on that should be brought up but haven't

don't assume people know x thing. put x thing out in the open as much as possible, so that their only reason for not knowing becomes willful ignorance

There are a lot of problems for just having one thread of it. Maybe a sub-forum?

Sub-Forum? SUB FORUM? This is "The Bell Tree Forums," not "The CNN or Fox News Forums." One thread is already bad enough...

Last edited:
Forum Home: Brewster's Cafe
Discuss anything not related to other board topics. Today's current events, movies, music, etc. Anything goes, so have fun here! Forum rules still apply.

The description here is pretty self-explanatory and threads related to politics clearly are allowed under the rules here. Just because some individual users can't handle the threads doesn't mean political threads should be kept in their own sub-forum or otherwise blacklisted. Like others have said, just don't click on them. If you have the compulsive urge to look and post on political threads, then that's your problem and it's not the responsibility of TBT to hide the cookie jar so you can't open it. I think a lot of threads on Brewster's are stupid, so guess what I do? I move on to something that looks more interesting to me. What a concept! The political threads tend to get bumped a lot because a lot of people find political threads to be more interesting discussion than "What did you eat for dinner?"

Nah. I'm not going through the comments so sorry if someone brought this up already but jamming politics into one thread would create a disaster. Not only are there so many political issues as a whole, but the world is more than just the United States. Shoving Canadian politics with American politics with Mexican politics with Korean politics all in one thread? How could anyone keep up with a discussion? No thanks.

Eh, politics/current events is too much of a broad topic to put into one singular thread.
Also it's important for people to be up to date with what's going on, they should continue reading the thread titles at the very least.

Nah. I'm not going through the comments so sorry if someone brought this up already but jamming politics into one thread would create a disaster. Not only are there so many political issues as a whole, but the world is more than just the United States. Shoving Canadian politics with American politics with Mexican politics with Korean politics all in one thread? How could anyone keep up with a discussion? No thanks.

That...is a really good point, actually. The majority of the politics discussed here tend to focus on American politics, but we do have users from around the world. Hmm.

That...is a really good point, actually. The majority of the politics discussed here tend to focus on American politics, but we do have users from around the world. Hmm.

If people from other countries want people to care about their politics, then they need to elect people as crazy and stupid as we do so it's more interesting to talk about them.

If a sticky is made, have the title be 'Politics Cause Headaches & Migraines'.

Because, why not? :rolleyes:

Back