There really needs to be a sticky politics thread.

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
I know that the political threads are dying down (finally), but they were really clogging up the feed in Brewster's Cafe for a while there. There needs to be a sticky thread where all of the political posts go.

That way it can be monitored by admins without the hassle of jumping from thread to thread.

There are a lot of problems for just having one thread of it. Maybe a sub-forum?

Last edited:
ok, so you acknowledge that political threads are dying down, and yet decided to make a thread about said political threads. while implying they're an issue

sorry, but I'm not following the step-by-step logic of this thread's creation

Last edited:
ok, so you acknowledge that political threads are dying down, and yet decided to make a thread about said political threads. while implying they're an issue

sorry, but I'm not following the step-by-step logic of this thread's creation

They are still present. Like the one about Trump reversing the order on transgender bathrooms. I've seen quite a few arguments in that thread too.

They are still present. Like the one about Trump reversing the order on transgender bathrooms. I've seen quite a few arguments in that thread too.

i mean you could just not click on them. i'd understand if all political threads were just "trump sucks" no!" "yes" "no" yes!!" and so on but like idk but i think it is good to bring up and discuss political issues, especially if they are about human rights or stuff that might members of this forum. just bc u dont like those threads doesnt mean no one likes them

i mean you could just not click on them. i'd understand if all political threads were just "trump sucks" no!" "yes" "no" yes!!" and so on but like idk but i think it is good to bring up and discuss political issues, especially if they are about human rights or stuff that might members of this forum. just bc u dont like those threads doesnt mean no one likes them

I hate the argument "just don't click on them"... it's a weak one that tells someone to ignore a post that is always at the top.

Yea, no. Political threads cause arguments and the stickied thread will turn into a big argument. It shouldn't exist. Full stop.

Political threads almost always seem to result in arguments. That being said, confining them to a sub-forum doesn't sound like a bad idea if it'd put them out of the way of people that don't want to see them. Either that or ban them outright, but that would be bordering on dodgy territory. Or ideally, everyone could try and stick to civil discourse but do you really see that happening??

I think we've had enough closed political threads to see TBT can't handle them. A stickied topic would just get locked like the rest of them.

If you don't like them, don't read them. And if you're bothered by political threads on Brewster's, here's something to know. I am bothered by red wasps when I'm walking outside in the summer. But I can't force them to fly somewhere else. I have to deal with the wasps as long as I don't chase after them. If I can handle walking outside when there are five wasps flying, then don't let the political threads ruin your experience.

Back