• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best way to get a villager to move out?

stormynight166

Bells
I have a few of unwanted villagers that I'd really like to get rid of. They're just not anything I want in my developing town. I know there are a few methods out there for getting them to move out, but what is the best and most effective way?

I'd say amiibo cards if you have any, as you can pick who moves in and who moves out.

And if you don't have amiibo cards, the easiest way to make them move is by befriending them. Talk to them repeatedly every day. Send them letters. Do whatever they ask you. The higher friendship you have with a villager, the more likely they will try and move. Oh, and here is a tip. If a villager ever asks to move, and then they change their mind, reset the game and then go up to them again as many times as it takes for them to agree.

And if you don't have amiibo cards, the easiest way to make them move is by befriending them. Talk to them repeatedly every day. Send them letters. Do whatever they ask you. The higher friendship you have with a villager, the more likely they will try and move. Oh, and here is a tip. If a villager ever asks to move, and then they change their mind, reset the game and then go up to them again as many times as it takes for them to agree.

Actually, once they ping you to leave and they change their minds, just reset and ignore them. They will still move! You don't have to keep answering their pings because they will still leave on the previous date that they said :)

I dont have the link on hand, but I do have a way (I printed out) that I used, that is full proof. If you have some way I can send it to you, it would be good. If not, thats fine c:

Normally I would Time Travel as that does the job for me. That does risk your other villagers moving out, unless you move by 2 days a time. Villagers move out by 10 days from when they say they move out. Or you could become best friends with them, then soon they'll ask to move out. If you dont wanna risk anything, do the 2nd option, however if you want it to be done faster, do the 1st one. :)

The easiest way I found without Amiibo's is the technique when you talk to them once. You just greet them for the first time then never talk to them again and eventually they move out. That or don't talk to them for a month then answer a ping when you have someone in the campsite.

I've done these both consistently in my last four towns, although sometimes it takes forever for it to work...

Anyways good luck removing your "pests", nya ^-^

I just talk to the one I want to move very often and hardly talk to the ones I want to stay (not ignoring them) and the one I want to move pings within the month, its a slow process but it works for me. sometimes the wrong one pings but what can ya' do.

Back