• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have more than one town, and why?

I have 6 towns.
My main town is off limit to online friends. My other towns dropped by to complete the train station and visit/host badge.
I prefer to keep this one private.
My 2nd town was a spare town but made it into a real town once I started playing online more. I call it my Guest town and feel comfortable leaving the gates opened in that town for friends to visit.

The 3rd town I bought for people that were or are special to me. Built a house for my grandmother in her memory.
The landscape is something that I wouldn't pick. It's a lot of pink, purple and white rose/carnations. I call it my Beautiful Town.

The 4th town I bought when I got another 3DS for my birthday. Since a year had pass since the release I decided to play it any way I wanted to. Called it Reality and the mayor name is Queenbee. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the top half of the map so it frozen in time right now.

The 5th town was bought as a weeding town. For the first time I added a Boy mayor and enjoyed playing there so I've decided to make it a real town. I need the scorpion and tarantula first and than I plan on adding more PWP and plotting villagers for the first time. It will be a half mice/ half hamster town.

The 6th town was bought early on for just growing perfect fruit and selling turnip price. Before the update all my players lived in tents and never spoke to the villagers. For 3 long years all 10 villagers stayed and no one moved. After the update I loaded the game and Isabelle said someone was moving. Got mad at first and than decided to make it into a half real town/ half perfect fruit town.

It helps to have the towns set on different dates or different seasons. Playing that many fishing tournaments in one day is too many. Early moveout pings help if you have everything done in that town. I usually quit right away and than move on to the next town. If I get too busy I stop a mover and than write the date down. Leave the town frozen on that date. When I'm ready I load the game the day after or go back to the date that I wrote down if I don't have a lot of time to play.

I've been playing since release so two of my mayors badge are done. Four museums are completed and 5 towns catalogs are complete.

Last edited:
I've got three towns right now. My first two towns are developed WIPs, and my third town is just a resource town.

I have two. I've made a second mainly to accommodate the Welcome Amiibo villagers. Also, I felt like I'm not going to do much when it comes to landscaping since my first is technically finished. I wanted to go back and experience the game again to the fullest. It's just like restarting but my previous town is still there.

Last edited:
No, because I'm poor.
Right!? I'm gonna have to trade some games in if I want to make it happen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would love to have a second copy but in my country Nintendo games are freaking expensive :(
Oh well, all new games are expensive here but big N games' prices are dropping extremely slowly compared to the others...
Where do you live?

- - - Post Merge - - -

So many interesting answers... I'm trying to figure out how I would make time to play 2 (technically 3) towns!

Originally, I was under the impression that having more than just one town was a form of cheating.. Now though my views have changed.
Not that long ago I was at my local GameStop to buy some Amiibo figures, curiosity got me to look in the case of used 3DS games and I noticed that a used copy of AC:NL was only $18.00!!!
So, I bought it and started to create my new town which opened my mind to all the possibilities!!!
Like, I could use this town to move in villagers to sell on here, or get more than one DLC at once, or just get my fix for a new town w/ needing to reset my original one!
I do understand why people would be against/not want to have a second town because it does kind of make AC a little boring or overcomplicated.
Anyways, I do have a second town and I like it so far :)!

eh I only have one, I'd rather have one special town that I pour my heart into and can really relax whilst playing it in the fullest. I did consider getting a second town but tbh I've gone off it because it doesn't feel like that's how animal crossing is supposed to be played for me o: I tend to find that lot's of people's mayors are more like original characters rather than themselves which always boggles me @_@ but each to their own

eh I only have one, I'd rather have one special town that I pour my heart into and can really relax whilst playing it in the fullest. I did consider getting a second town but tbh I've gone off it because it doesn't feel like that's how animal crossing is supposed to be played for me o: I tend to find that lot's of people's mayors are more like original characters rather than themselves which always boggles me @_@ but each to their own
I guess this is the concept I was struggling with. I love my town. But I do wish I had chosen a female rather than a male, and looking into the eye shape more. It seems silly, but I don't like how he turned out!

I guess this is the concept I was struggling with. I love my town. But I do wish I had chosen a female rather than a male, and looking into the eye shape more. It seems silly, but I don't like how he turned out!

I haven't finished my first town yet, but I have a couple other copies from back when my favorite villager moved and I was trying to get him back so bought a copy to store him, then accidentally lost him again, lol. So I got a cycling town. Now with welcome amiibo that wouldn't be necessary, but I ended up wanting to collect my favorite villagers and there are way more than 10. I also had a couple of theme ideas I want to try. I don't know when I will ever get to them all.

I am currently obsessed with HDD so I barely play NL. HDD lets me collect my fav villagers instantly and design their homes, but it doesn't have the build up of friendships and world immersion that NL has so I will be going back to NL soon I'm sure.

i have three, but i'm only playing two right now. my main town is almost done so it gets the majority of my time, while i'm sort of at a standstill in the second one. neeeed more pwp's ugh.. the third i haven't touched since summer because i have absolutely no time for it, but i do plan on getting to work on it eventually. i wanted more than one copy because i wanted to experience more villagers and have different themed towns, and although i have very little time to work on things lately i still have no regrets.

have two towns & two 3DS's. Having a second town does create extra work, but I decided to go that route as due to my timezone, I always had a lot of problems trying to find others to play with. And I also had lots of experiences (not on here, in other groups) of people just flaking out, so I'd be stuck just sitting & waiting at home, not able to do what I needed in my town/sell my perfect fruit/get signatures etc, and also not able to go and do anything else in the real world as I didn't want to miss whoever I was waiting for. Things in my main town started to progress so much faster once I got my second town, I do not regret at all!

It's also enabled me to move in more villagers I really wanted without getting rid of the villagers in my first town, most of whom I've become really attached to since they've been there for years. Currently my 2nd town is very underdeveloped, but I'm looking forward to unlocking more PWPs so I can build some of the ones I just don't have room for in my first town but that I really like.

Back