• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you get embarrassed easily?

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
No, because I usually don't care enough and I know the person is trying to embarrass me so I don't give in.

Last edited:
It depends. If someone embarrass me in public when there are lots of people around, I usually answer back and say/do something that would hurt them more. I'm usually a cool person but don't do something to make me feel stupid in front of people or else, I'll make you regret that XD I'd prefer that they talk to me in private, no matter what they wanna say, I'd be perfectly fine with it (or sometimes, act that I don't care).

Last edited:
Not really, because the biggest things I get embarrassed about are my taste in music and shows, my singing voice, things that are easy to keep private. But I'd really love to get over being embarrassed about things like that one day, I feel like I censor myself too much around people because of it.

Well, I'm half and half. I have social anxiety, so sometimes getting embarrassed triggers a panic attack for me, especially if the embarrassment is caused by an outside source such as a friend who is causing a scene and attracting attention, or being disrespected by a family member in front of people. I also get embarrassed if I say something that didn't come out the way I planned it to and it ended up sounding mean or hurtful. But that's kind of the price for my anxiety.. I fumble with my words, etc. However, if I trip or, say, push a door when it says pull, something silly like that, sure, I get embarrassed, but it's a lot easier for me to keep it in control and laugh it off. That's the way I cope. If no one knows I'm embarrassed, it's a lot easier to deal with. It's kind of hard to explain. I have a lot of complex triggers for my panic attacks that's hard to pinpoint to people in a way they could understand. So let's just stick to half & half. Lol

Yeah especially 'cause I second guess myself all the time ("Did I really do that?" "Did it actually happen like that?" etc.) and my mind blows like everything I do way out of proportion so

It's not only with negative things either, I get really embarrassed by compliments too but that's a good kind of embarassed

Nah. I know I was a stupid person who did stupid things, so I just laugh. I find my "embarrassing" moments to be funny. I actually enjoy talking about those moments. I think it built my character and really shaped who I am today.

I m like partially socially inept so it's too much effort for me to care about what s embarrassing or not

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cuz then I gotta figure out how my actions affected other people and ppl r fake or don't show emotion enough for me 2 notice so it's like ok not worth

I mean I guess, but more because I'm a perfectionist and don't like it when flaws are being pointed out.

I mean, yeah sometimes. I think it will always be something I can struggle with. But,usually not. I typically either do things intentionally out of place just for the laughs. I've developed a bit of thick skin by intentionally putting myself out there as I stray farther from my teenage years

no but my face gets red so people think i'm embarrassed, so then i get embarrassed because they think i'm embarrassed.

It depends. Most of the time I embarrass myself rather it being someone else embarrassing me.
It will usually have to do with how I talk or respond to someone. It may not seem embarrassing to them, but to me, I get worked up over it for hours.

I blame anxiety.

I used to be really bad for getting embarrassed when I was a kid, like under 10, I was serious to the extreme. Hated being joked about, hated people laughing at me, I used to get really stompy and mad whenever I got embarrassed loool. Even when I was in school, sometimes people would try to embarrass me intentionally, and it usually worked because I was still young then and my "friends" weren't particularly nice, so I used to feel very awkward and didn't know how to react except try to laugh it off. Deep down it made me feel really ****ty though, I'd never do that to anyone tbh.

Now though, not so much. I can get embarrassed if I mess up something serious and in front of a lot of people, but when it comes to friends and family I've learned to laugh at myself and make light of the situation.

I used to in high school but now I like never get embarrassed by anything really

yes lol but only in real life. i cringe at myself constantly and i'm pretty socially awkward with people i'm not used to and also with strangers, and i get embarrassed of how awkward i am. it's no one who usually embarrasses me but it's me who gets embarrassed of myself.

Back