• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Starting my third town. Brainstorming. Help~?

MorningStar

Seven, Seven--
Bells
Switch
2236-5321-7336
Cherry (Fruit)
I'm pretty bored with Wishfall, since I have all my dream villagers and I don't ever really plan to landscape. And Paragon's only half mine, and I can't build PWPs until my Smug, Jock, and Cranky villagers start bugging my friend's mayor for the right ones.

So I finally started Shibuya.

ku1zDDE.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and say watch out for The World Ends With You spoilers, even though the game came out almost ten years ago. Better safe than sorry, or whatever.

Okay, so I'm planning on having four villagers, with the mayor being Joshua, from the above game. However, despite the game being partially TWEWY based, it is actually intended to look like the real Shibuya. Or at least an ACNL mock-up of it. I do intend for there to be roads, streetlights, and villagers who fit the theme.

However, which villagers DO fit the theme, and also ideas for PWPs... That's where I need help.

Joshua's house is already built in that tiny nook right below the cliff and the river, above where you can jump into the ocean. I plan for the other three player characters' houses to be in that bulge below the river, where it bumps up towards the northern part of town. I also intend for all ten villagers' houses to be in the southern part, in the southwest side. Basically, I want the bottom part of town to be the "residential" district, where the top part of town will be where the "to do" stuff is. Namely, the reset center, Brewster's, the Police Station (with Copper), and miscellaneous PWPs. There will definitely be some PWPs down south too, but not as many. Mainly streetlights, I think. Maybe a bus stop.

Okay, I've rambled enough. Here's where I need help.

I want villagers with set themes, with their own style. There are a lot that might fit the kind of subcultures Shibuya opens its arms to: Muffy is Gothic Lolita, Julia for gyaru, Pekoe looks very anime-girl, Phoebe could be considered a bangya or even a mild form of ganguro, Stitches looks like an adorable mascot plushie, Genji looks like a typical tough-guy trope, Cherry is very punk. Definitely looking for suggestions here!

Also, what PWPs should I place? Does anyone have any good recommendations for patterns for the roads or residential area? And what the heck should the town theme be?

(Also, for reference: The town fruit is the cherry, the grass is probably circle because the snow is starry, and the train station is blue. It'll be modern when I renovate it in a million years.)

You know I love this game. What villagers were you thinking of having? You gotta have Muffy and Pekoe for sure, at least.

Toying with certain ideas per villager type.

For Normal, Etoile is starry and pastel. Gala is cute and covered in flowers. Gayle is made of hearts. Marcie reminds me of a stereotypical Japanese mom (actually reminds me a LOT of my older sister, who seems unaware of the fact other colours besides pink do in fact exist). And Pekoe is very anime girl. Leaning towards Marcie or Pekoe, but mostly because I don't have access to Etoile.

For Uchi, Cherry is punk rock, Mira is very Sailor Venus, Muffy is obviously gothic lolita, and Phoebe in general fits the supernatural life-death-and-rebirth plotline of The World Ends With You. Leaning towards Cherry and Muffy for aesthetic, which is a shame, because Phoebe is my favourite Uchi besides Pashmina. ;A;

For Snooty, Francine is little miss mascot bunny pop star thing, and Julia is a peacock, so both fit the "We are fashion savvy and you are not" part of Shibuya.

Peppy, all I can think of is Chrissy because she looks like a pop star, and Sprinkle because she looks like a confectionery treat.

Jocks, I'm not sure. Antonio is not totally hideous. Genji reminds me of the kind of guy I bump into in Kabukicho or Shibuya north side, who looks tougher than he acts or sounds. Kid Cat puts me in mind of an otaku kid, obsessed with card games or anime and convinced he's a superhero. (Honestly, Kid Cat reminds me of Shooter from TWEWY.) Snake could potentially be considered a cosplayer.

Lazy... I dunno. Big Top for the same reason as Kid Cat. Cosplaying elephant? Maybe tired after a long shift of being a fat mascot? Raddle is cute and wears the doctor's mask, which fits Shibuya, but not sure the story or reasoning behind why. And Stitches honestly just reminds me of a mascot type. The cute bear plushies you'd get from a UFO catcher, or Rilakkuma, or something. And Zucker's obviously takoyaki.

ALL I can think of for a Smug villager is Colton. He's very princely and he reminds me of a host.

Cranky, Chief might fit as the mischievous big brother type. The fact he's coloured like a fox helped. Kitsune, maybe? Kabuki goes without saying, but having both Kabuki and Genji in the same town, especially if I have Pekoe too, seems a little much. And for my part, I already have Kabuki in Wishfall. And lastly, Roscoe reminds me of the dark horse / bad boy type. If I do end up getting Colton too, the fact that they're both horses makes one a good foil for the other.

If your town is based on Shibuya, I think the Modern renovations for the buildings would be great plus all the urban PWPs.

Merryweather is right, definitely use Modern renovations for your town. Everything about TWEWY was extremely urban.

The cube sculpture would be a cool PWP to have. I also recommend the video screen and tower.

Merryweather is right, definitely use Modern renovations for your town. Everything about TWEWY was extremely urban.

The cube sculpture would be a cool PWP to have. I also recommend the video screen and tower.

The tower's definitely happening, even if it's not geographically accurate. Video screen definitely. The cube sculpture is actually a good idea. I wish there was a Huge Ridiculous Pile of Trash sculpture, but that'd probably be back for the rating anyway.

Back