• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is it worth selling your soul (Town) to the Devil (Tom Nook)?

Woah, loads has changed since I last played my god...Nook buys your town?!?!

Only when you're recreating a town and want to get straight back into playing a different town. It's for people who got invested, lost interest and want to start anew.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes you do! But only the ones that your villagers and Resetti requested to you, and the topiaries from Weeding Day. The others you'll have to unlock again. (main street stuff, caf?, and the ones from getting a perfect town. Not sure about the train station renovations, but I'm pretty sure you have to reunlock those too)

This is news to me! Was worried it'd be all doom and gloom but that sounds pretty neat. I haven't played all day, I just got new rats today, but I'm thinking of buying a new ACNL copy to move my favourite villagers to (basically half my town x.x). Something about getting new villagers intrigues me too.

I'd love to know but I'm too scared to try. I've had my town for ages and I know I meet the requirements for meeting Nook rather than straight deleting your town but still, I'm too much of a chicken. I started playing 3 years ago and even though I now hate the layout of my town, I still absolutely love my villagers and it just means too much to me. If I ever do have the guts to check, I'll update. e-e

I sold my town last month and I don't regret it =] It's not for everyone, and I wouldn't recommend it if you are particularly very attached to certain villagers you have currently, but if you don't mind a fresh start or starting from scratch, collecting things like fish or bugs for the museum (like me) it's not too bad of an exchange. Another important thing that made me restart was that I also didn't like how I was playing at the time, I was very restricted to a certain aspect and couldn't try new things, so if you find yourself stuck, it could work for you too!

Mine was worth 93 million bells but I didn't sell my catalog so I'm getting 80 million total. I love my new map, and I actually do not have any strong dislikes for any of my current villagers. There are 2 villagers in my old town that I miss quite a bit, but there's always the hope they might pop up! ^^

I'm glad they added this aspect. I understand those who don't want to sell their towns and I respect that, but I'm happy that I did with mine :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's the same as what you're referring to, but I do recall selling my town and phineas showing up the next day and gave me like 2 money badges in a row. He also gave me badges for the catalogue. I think my town was worth 50,000,000 at least. I don't regret selling my town and I'm glad I did. I don't have much time to farm bells on the island so it's nice to have some savings I can just dip into. It's basically good for people who want to start fresh with landscaping, villagers etc. but then keeping your pwp list and all that good stuff ;)

Thanks! :D

But Tom Nook is a nice guy! When I will restart my town, I may sell it as long as it doesn't put 999,999,999 Bells in my bank because I think that would make the game go too quickly (like what happened with Animalia). Also, I don't understand the hate for Tom Nook. He's such a nice guy. Sure, he was lazy and forced you to work at his place just to do the stuff that he couldn't be bothered to do but he still pays you and he's still very nice towards the player and others. I blame those darn theories, I hate those. Oh, I guess I'm rambling on. My bad.

Wow that is the first I've heard of this! It is a neat concept, it is something to consider. I have not really built anything in my town except for the campsite. So I don't really have anything to change, besides my town probably isn't worth that much because I haven't been keeping it up and have been focusing on completing my house. I have 4 trees is that enough for it to work?

I actually sold one of my main towns so I could fix a few things that (even though no one would likely ever see them) seriously irked me.

2ih05ev.jpg

I'd spent years on the game with tons of PWPs and had all 4 player homes fully expanded, etc. It was really upsetting restarting even though I had all of my villager's amiibo cards. It kinda sucked going from close friends with tons of history to being total strangers again-- but I don't think I fully regret it. I'm even happier with the restarted town! However, a big reason for that is because I am a hacker so I was able to simply import my old map. When you restart the town, you HAVE to go with one of the few maps that Rover suggests to you, it's possible you'll hate all of them. You can't really reset for a better map or you'll lose your bells and PWPs that you would have gotten through selling. A lot of it comes down to luck if you can't just go in and change things at-will. If you have an action replay power save or anything, you could always back up the town before you sell...

Resetting is right for some, but there's so much luck involved that I'd say to only sell your town if you don't like it or have some means of restoring its data!

Good luck! And here's a handy-dandy guide for anyone who needs it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5auape/all_your_questions_about_selling_your_town/

I wanted to check mine but I'm scared of login in and losing my villagers so I rather stay in this mystery~

I wouldn't erase mine. I know for sure i'll never be resetting my town. My town isn't worth much probably anyway

Do you get to keep the bells you've already made/had?!?

Nope. You get nothing in your bank, you only keep PWPs and your catalog (if you choose not to sell it.) The catalog and money badges were literally the first ones I got from Phineas lol

I TRIED to worship and get my soul banished to Hell. But unfortunately, I couldn't, and I couldn't get any bells. Accidentally clicked Heaven. :p

Last edited:
I'd say it's definitely worth selling it if you find a good map in the first 10 resets and after that it's not worth the wasted time. Map is something you are stuck with forever so you want to make sure you get one that suits you in the long run so if you can find that perfect map it's worth it. I actually went to restart my town and I reset probably 16 times and decided to keep my town because I knew I wouldn't be able to find a map I like better than my current one. The good thing is there isn't a save after selling your town until your actually in the new town so if you aren't happy with your decision just power off ur device and you will have ur old town still

Last edited:
Not gonna do it for a while, he only wanted to give me 47million, 54 with catalog. I have about 30 million bells, so it's not really worth it to me. Maybe in another couple months.

Back