• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you value in a person?

I value their personality, their honesty, if I can trust them, we understand each other and we can make each other laugh. I dont want to sound snottish, but sometimes their looks too, if they look nice or dress nice they would look like a better friend.

thoughtfulness. I know that's strange, but let me explain. I mean when someone is thinking about you, and remembers your likes, dislikes, preferences, and quirks. Like you can say in passing that you're craving doritos and they get you a bag, or mention that doing something makes you anxious, so they take care of it for you. Just to know that someone is paying attention to theings you say and thinking about you. It's something I hold in super high regard.

I value creativity in people who set themselves apart from others and aren't boring. I like creative people, and that doesn't mean the people who can like sketch an anime chibi character or draw an eyeball, but I mean someone who will go out of there way to include art into their daily lives. So basically people with good fashion, graffiti artists, photographers/filmographers, DJs, observational drawers and painters, athletes, dancers etc. Anyone who does their own thing without stress on their status.

Kindness and Thoughtfulness.
If anyone lacks this then they may leave happily through the nearest door. :)
Not a fan of people who laugh at other's mistakes.

bumping this thread...

i really value positivity because if i can't find any sometimes i'd at least like to know my partner is happy. i also need truth in a relationship, if you can't give me the truth nothing will work out from then on. i also feel like someone encouraging would be nice

Last edited:
Passion, I have a friend who has a boyfriend that she always tries to love and be cute with, but he just sits there emotionless and stiff. I'd honestly confuse him with a rock! I need someone whos gonna be able to show the love they have for me like I do for them!

it's very important that someone has a similar humour as me so that they get my jokes and find em funny and same with them. though most significantly, honesty, integrity, loyalty and kindness. i also appreciate ppl with similar interests/hobbies as me and people who care about my life and support me

Honesty & loyalty. Those are the most important to me, probably because my ex had neither of those things & it messed me up really bad for a long time. Also being considerate of my feelings.

Loyalty, integrity, and honesty, above all else. I always find the positives in people whenever I can, so I could probably keep some level of genuine friendship going with most people, unless they didn't have those traits. They're definitely the make or break characteristics for me when it comes to being genuinely close or trusting with someone.

Integrity.
Kindness.
Not being prejudice or judgemental.
Common interests.
Not being homophobic.
Being accepting.
And last, but certainly not least, being hardworking and striving for their goals.

I appreciate somebody who has the same humour as me and just "gets it" and has empathy. Believe it or not empathy is hard to come by these days, and I value someone who'll listen to me no matter how far fetched stuff that's bothering me may be. I also value someone who is kind to others. People who are needlessly rude, are not people I want to be friends with. Open minded people are great too and I love people who can understand how other people feel or why people feel the way they do.

Having things in common doesn't matter to me, although it is a bonus. I can pretty much get along with anyone as long as they're 1 or 2 of the things i mentioned below.

Basically I value people who have good humour, empathy, kindness, and open mindedness.

EDIT: I forgot honesty, I absolutely hate being lied to and I can pretty much tell when somebody's lying to me. It doesn't mean i'll cut them off it just means I hope there's a reason for it, they'll tell me the truth sooner or later.

Last edited:
What i want in a person is

Likes: Honesty Loyalty Truthfulness Sweet Kind Funny Nice Smart Caring Compassionate Loving Who Doesn't See Me Annoying Who Likes Me For Me And Gets What I'm Saying Even If It Sounds Crazy And Weird but not too weird And Polite And Blunt and open mindness

Dislikes: Rude Mean Unloyal Unhonest Untruthful Crazy Seems To Love Themselves More Than Others And Annoying And Not Using Manners And Talks Crap And too weird to the point of pervert and liers and judgemental

Those are some of the jist of it of what i value in a person i got a lot of them lol! :)

Last edited:
Humor, honesty, loyalty, fearless (being able to kill the spider in the bathroom that i'm too afraid to go near) and just being a decent human being.

Back