What do you value in a person?

I value people who are genuine and know how to mind their business.

there are some things that i just expect people to do. im not impressed if they do it bc it is So Basic. u gotta respect and accept other people for who they are. people with racist, homophobic, sexist, transphobic, ableist etc opinions and people who discriminate others don't accept ppl at all.
i know i guy who is really gross in those ways, he is a total nice guy™ and says s bunch of ignorant things. to make things worse he is constantly bragging and lying to make himself seem better and he always sees himself as the victim in every situation ever. if he has done something wrong like i had to do a project with him and he wrote a really bad sentence. i wasnt mesn about it but i changed it and he got resly angry. when we had a class discussion on discrimination he said that a trans person got angry at him for misgendering them so trans people are Evil because someone hurt his feelings once. he dies things like this constantly and basically what i wanted to say about it is that i expect people to not do any of the things he does.

as for things i actually appreciate: being able to see issues from more than one perspective, being nice, caring about others at least a little, being down to earth and not constantly talking about themself, and trying to make people feel better instead of worse.

basically just dont be an asshat plz

Above all else, I admire people that are generous. Especially if they also have ample amounts of chicken nuggets.

i know i guy who is really gross in those ways, he is a total nice guy™ and says s bunch of ignorant things. to make things worse he is constantly bragging and lying to make himself seem better and he always sees himself as the victim in every situation ever. if he has done something wrong like i had to do a project with him and he wrote a really bad sentence. i wasnt mesn about it but i changed it and he got resly angry. when we had a class discussion on discrimination he said that a trans person got angry at him for misgendering them so trans people are Evil because someone hurt his feelings once. he dies things like this constantly and basically what i wanted to say about it is that i expect people to not do any of the things he does.

sounds like he has a bit of insecurity.

do u know what i like that i believe is a dying trait?? ppl who can admit when they're wrong

This. Sometimes admitting you did something wrong can be really hard to do. Taking responsibility for your actions is never easy. This is something I try to do, and respect others when they do it.

I also value, honesty, kindness, a sense of humor, and saying you're sorry, and actually meaning it.

birds of a feather flock together so i need someone i can relate to and share so much things in common!

~people who are intelligent
~people who are funny
~similar interests
~down to earth
~and lastly, people who aren't perfect. i really like talking to people who have done things they regret because i can relate to them and feel so comfortable around them, knowing that i'm not the only one in the world with a guilty conscience.

genuine, honest and fun
i don't really care if people are smart, but it depends on some circumstances

Sarcasm, which makes me feel uncomfortable now since other people choices are way better.

I think someone who genuinely cares about the well-being of others is extremely important.
I tend to not like anyone who is self-centered, and self righteous.

I also value someone who usually isn't too hypocritical. (yeah yeah, everyone is at times, but some are constantly contradicting themselves)

Mainly just character traits. Loyalty and honesty come to mind.

Now, if you asked what I usually like in a person, I'd have to say I like it when they gam, hike and play chess. That would mean they're best friend material XD

As long as you're not a complete idiot that's all I need

Last edited:
I think for me I value people who I share the same humour with and can take a joke. :') Honestly there's nothing worse than trying to laugh with someone who doesn't share the same humour as you. I also value people who make an effort with you. People who show that they appreciate you and care about you, and make you feel valued as a person. People who are honest with you but only want the best for you. But also, people who have a sense of sensitivity and know when to stop and are able to understand your feelings. LOL it sounds like a lot but really I can see the good in people (most of the time) and I'll appreciate someone for who they are, even if they may have their flaws. :')

- Honesty
- Loyalty
- Creativity
- Humour
- Intelligence
- Compassion
- Pro LGBT+, Anti - Racism, Pro Choice (Sorry you're unbearable people to argue with if you're pro life)

Last edited:
i value ppl who can make me laugh, kind-hearted & who will care about you no matter what

Back