What do you value in a person?

Honesty is something I prize very highly on a list of many other traits. It's integral in any relationship, be it friendship or love, and I appreciate someone who is able to express their opinion on something openly and doesn't suppress any negative feelings if I'm being unreasonable, or hide something from me unless it was for good reason.

Loyalty is another, a guarantee that what you discuss stays between you is extremely important to me because I prefer to keep things private, but sometimes having someone reliable to vent to is a huge way to relieve stress. I try to be there as much as I can for my friends and family in that regard, and sadly I haven't had too much of that privilege in response from my family, but I find I can count more on my one or two friends when I need them for that sort of thing rarely. It's not very common but it's always appreciated greatly.

Also, someone who is patient is very important to me. Occasionally I need space and time alone, and having someone understand that is comforting in a way. I don't feel obliged to be in company that I'm not in the mood for, I'm sure many here probably understand that feeling.

Compassion towards animals is a must, being a lover of animals myself I like someone who feels as strongly about them as I do. Intelligence is also a huge bonus (so long as they're not condescending), it's kind of weird but in a way I like having someone intelligent not just to bounce ideas off, but also to aspire to and have friendly competition with. It makes me want to exercise and flex my own smarts, like it keeps you both in tune with each other. It's hard to explain.

I could go on and on about this because I'm extremely selective about the people I befriend now, and I gauge people very cautiously so it's rare for me to find someone so fitting to that criteria. I'm thankful to have friends that do have those traits, I'd be lost without them. But generally if you want to get to know me on a superficial level, making me laugh is a great way to get started.

I'm extremely selective about the people I befriend now, and I gauge people very cautiously so it's rare for me to find someone so fitting to that criteria. I'm thankful to have friends that do have those traits, I'd be lost without them. But generally if you want to get to know me on a superficial level, making me laugh is a great way to get started.

yeah, i think thats just about the best way to go. to have good standards and only keep the good ones around that won't cause trouble or anything completely negative and/or harmful.

honesty, humor, and kindness

Last edited:
People who aren't that judgy are pretty awesome to me. Like if I say I like something a bit wild (AC, scrapbooking, etc.), I'd rather a neutral response like 'ah, that's cool' rather than 'lmao wwhhyyy?? What a waste of money!!'

Ooh, and people who know when to stop. There's nothing worse than someone constantly begging for you to tell them something / do something with them.

For a friend, I truly admire people that aren't afraid to be who they are, as cliche as that sounds. I've seen far too many fake individuals who lose themselves in the process of trying so hard to fit in that they become another person. I also value people who just like to laugh a lot and share a similar sense of adventure as me.

I really value people's honesty, genuineness, kindness, and a good sense of humor ^-^

I value when someone has the same humor, kindness, and loyalty as me. If someone treats me right, I am loyal right until the end. I try to be a person that someone needs with trying to make them laugh, giving compliments, etc., and I appreciate it when someone else is the same way.

Good sense of humor, open minded and accepting. Like as long as they're not bigoted I'm pretty fine with them. I just need more kind people in my life who make me laugh and smile TBH

I need someone with a decent sense of humour, and preferably someone who isn't easily offended. Sensitivity is one thing, but I don't want to feel like I'm walking on eggshells. On that note, if I happen to say something truly offensive without having meant to, I want to be told, and I want to be able to apologize for being a butt and then be forgiven for acting like a butt.

Honesty is also important to me. Again, I don't want to walk on eggshells. If I pissed someone off, I don't want a passive aggressive jab, or the silent treatment, or that huffy attitude that come with "Well, if you don't know why I'm mad, that's a whole other problem!" or "You should know what you did!" No. Tell me.

Have a sense of humour, and don't hold back. That's all I care about. Be nice or be a jerk, be a total dingus or be a buzzkill, be an idiot or an insufferable genius. As long as I can have fun in your presence and always know when I've hurt you, I don't care.

I most value open-mindedness and being a decent freaking person. Second comes strangeness; they must stand out in their beliefs, personality, abilities, etc. I could never find a single person like them. Contrary to popular belief, most people are incredibly same. And dull.

Loyalty. It's a massive thing for me...
I really think somebody being disloyal to me is about the worst thing they could do. I'm massively loyal to people I care about, so I guess I kind of look for the same in other people.

I don't know, I have a hard time trusting people, thanks to my ex

Must like memes. I have BPD so I have to say 'never abandon me or reject me bcuz I will go psycho'. Kindness too ?? I really like attractive people but someone who's got a similar sense of humour, someone who I'm on the same grounds with regarding beliefs, ect. Loyalty is very important, I don't trust people often.

Last edited:
A person who is kind, considerate, and trust worthy. Someone who will reach out to me and will be there for me even if I am hard to socialize with and kind of a pain in the neck most of the time.

I value when people are decent people. People who understand that others are people just trying to get by and who will probably make mistakes and shouldn't be completely brought down and cursed at for it.

funny (an important quality for me), but also kind, pleasant and nice to be around c: also must have charisma and something interesting about them, there's so many boring people..gosh

Empathy and kindness is of utmost importance to me. Next is honesty, but if you're an empathetic person you probably won't have a problem with being honest.

Back